The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Goodwillie has rejoined Clyde on loan until the end of the season.

Didn’t see that coming, but of course I’m glad he’s away from the club for now.

You could still be paying a percentage of his wages.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You'd think so. He's bound to have been on a higher wage at Raith.

Happy he's away from the club but at the same time, we'll no doubt be still covering part of his wages. The article mentions he's expected to re-join Clyde in the summer. What a stupid fucking saga this has all been. We've paid a fee for him, gifted him the easiest payday of his life, pissed off out supporters, sponsors while looking completely inept and tone deaf, only to loan him back to Clyde a month later. 

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That'll be a given, likewise for Raith though you'd think the percentage that Clyde are covering, means that it costs Raith less than paying him off. 

The state of some Clyde fans is enough to make you lose hope for football fans, what a vile bunch. 

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That's been a reality since he signed his contract. There wasn't really an "honourable" way out for the Rovers after that point, it was always going to involve giving a rapist quite a lot of money. 

I don't imagine anyone feels particularly good about this move today, but selfishly from a Rovers point of view it's at least going to reduce the financial liability. I don't think it's any better or worse, morally, than just paying him up. 

Clyde, though? Wooft. Why invite this grief onto yourself? 

Clyde, though? Wooft. Why invite this grief onto yourself? 

I genuinely don’t mean this to embolden the ‘where’s wee Nippy noo, eh?’ brigade but I find it unlikely there’ll be much backlash. World events will mean that senior sports journalists simply won’t be racing to Broadwood the way they did to Stark’s Park, and any political journalist with the First Minister in front of them surely won’t be wasting questions on a third-tier football player.

They’ll get away with it. The Scottish football bubble will be annoyed for a little while, the majority of Clyde fans who had no issue before will still have no issue and that’ll be that.

19 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Please tell me this isn't reflective of the Clyde support. 

Legend? 

I know some Clyde fans like to jump to the ah but he did nothing wrong pish, however using a Tinie Tempah song is surely proof enough never to have him back.

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was asking for your opinion, not the legal position.

No smoke without fire, but will anyone really know other than the 3 there that night. Anyway my opinion is irrelevant as we go with what law states. He was never taken to criminal court so in the eyes of that court he is not. 

Anyway now that he has moved on, let's see what public outcry there is and outcry from Val and her pal Nicola. This should make tonight's Scottish news but I doubt it will as Val won't care the same way she didn't give a jot when he played against us.

Clyde had the perfect chance to rid themselves of the Goodwillie circus forever, but instead of just trying to put the whole sorry affair behind them and attempting to regain even a modicum of respect as a football club, they’ve only gone and doubled down. A truly deplorable wee outfit.

No smoke without fire, but will anyone really know other than the 3 there that night. Anyway my opinion is irrelevant as we go with what law states. He was never taken to criminal court so in the eyes of that court he is not. 
Anyway now that he has moved on, let's see what public outcry there is and outcry from Val and her pal Nicola. This should make tonight's Scottish news but I doubt it will as Val won't care the same way she didn't give a jot when he played against us.
Maybe you should consider switching teams and supporting Clyde