The Annexed Goodwillie Thread

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

No.  I said it didn't sit right with me and it still doesn't.   

You clearly did say he's innocent. I'll refresh your memory - it was twenty minutes previous.

26 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I'll take stick for this and probably be in a minority of one on here but my gut says he's innocent.   

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

What about it didn't sit right? 

Doesn't really matter does it?  The vultures are out already as I expected so I'll bow out as has already been suggested.   I'm not convinced of his guilt and that won't change despite what anyone says on here or whatever names are flung at me.  

Just now, LargsTON said:

Doesn't really matter does it?  The vultures are out already as I expected so I'll bow out as has already been suggested.   I'm not convinced of his guilt and that won't change despite what anyone says on here or whatever names are flung at me.  

Well it does matter. If you're defending a rapist you should at least be able to give us some kind of information to back up your claims. Saying "It's my opinion" or "Something doesn't sit right with me" isn't good enough. And to bring up the old "physical evidence" shows a shocking lack of awareness in regards to rape victims. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well it does matter. If you're defending a rapist you should at least be able to give us some kind of information to back up your claims. Saying "It's my opinion" or "Something doesn't sit right with me" isn't good enough. And to bring up the old "physical evidence" shows a shocking lack of awareness in regards to rape victims. 

I feel no need whatsoever to justify my opinion to you or anyone so you can squawk away about backing it up all you like.  I'm not alone in thinking the way i do, most folk are just too afraid to say it.   Anyway as I said, I'm out now.  

Just now, LargsTON said:

I feel no need whatsoever to justify my opinion to you or anyone so you can squawk away about backing it up all you like.  I'm not alone in thinking the way i do, most folk are just too afraid to say it.   Anyway as I said, I'm out now.  

If you can't justify your despicable "opinion" then it's probably best you keep it to yourself. 

Sadly you're correct about others thinking the same way as you. I wouldn't be wearing that as a badge of honour though given the type of people who will agree with you on this. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Imagine publicly admitting that you willingly listened to James English’ podcast.

Almost as bad as being a rape apologist tbh. 

I have only ever listened to one of his podcasts.

Living quite close to Johnny “mad dog’” Adair at the time, I was interested in what he had to say. 
English came across as a thick as f**k Tracey Dooley. Imagine being that thick. The idiots idea of a smart person, calling him a a pound shop Joe Rogan would be doing Joe Rogan a massive disservice. 
No research done,  no calling out obvious bollocks that was mentioned.

If he hasn’t improved then I can see why stupid people could watch Goodwillie give his version of events ( that were legally disproven)  unchallenged and believe him. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have only ever listened to one of his podcasts.

Living quite close to Johnny “mad dog’” Adair at the time, I was interested in what he had to say. 
English came across as a thick as f**k Tracey Dooley. Imagine being that thick. The idiots idea of a smart person, calling him a a pound shop Joe Rogan would be doing Joe Rogan a massive disservice. 
No research done,  no calling out obvious bollocks that was mentioned.

If he hasn’t improved then I can see why stupid people could watch Goodwillie give his version of events ( that were legally disproven)  unchallenged and believe him. 

I don't know who that English guy is but who the hell would want to listen to such a Podcast? A Court where both sides had a chance to submit evidence/disprove showed him to be guilty. Why on earth would you want to then listen to a one sided podcast from the rapist's perspective? Sometimes humans really do baffle me. 

ETA - When I say "you" that wasn't directed at yourself. 

Edited by 19QOS19

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Really don’t see the point in getting all annoyed and upset because he’s playing in the 9th tier of Scottish football. The same people I guarantee weren’t wetting their knickers for all the time he played with Clyde. 
Wouldn’t have him near my club but time to let him get on with it. They’ll be all sorts of players with criminal backgrounds at that level. 

Every club he signs for, it is the same story

You sorry yet? You paid your victim yet?  
The longer it goes on, the longer he shows absolutely no remorse or even humility. Even a slight hint of rehabilitation. 
He will be hounded at every club that signs him regardless of the level now and he could have stopped it all 5 years ago.

So f**k him. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know who that English guy is but who the hell would want to listen to such a Podcast? A Court where both sides had a chance to submit evidence/disprove showed him to be guilty. Why on earth would you want to then listen to a one sided podcast from the rapist's perspective? Sometimes humans really do baffle me. 

ETA - When I say "you" that wasn't directed at yourself. 

If you are giving someone a platform that is coming on to talk about an issue as serious as sectarian killing or rape with no remorse, there should be a challenge, otherwise it just looks like you are trying to get the most views on a channel regardless of morality.

19 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I'm not alone in thinking the way i do, most folk are just too afraid to say it.

The exact rationale of every fuckwit defending their own racist/bigoted/homophobic/sexist stance throughout my adult life.

Away and mutter brainlessly elsewhere about how  "woke culture" has "ruined this country" with the rest of your slavering pub bore pals.

Fucking wild how many people get pissy about discussing their irrational opinions when they make the effort to air them in public.

Presumably they only interact with other people to agree and expect the same in return.

Utterly bewildering that anyone can read the court case and conclude that Goodwillie isn't a rapist. Even Goodwillie doesn't deny having sex with a woman who an hour previously could barely walk. 

But it dusnae sit right wae LargsTon so people should stop calling him a rapist and let the laddie earn a guid honest wage.

39 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

The problem is your too stupid, as are others sharing your opinion, to express it rationally.

Your opinion amounts to "jist becoz, so it is".

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Utterly bewildering that anyone can read the court case and conclude that Goodwillie isn't a rapist. Even Goodwillie doesn't deny having sex with a woman who an hour previously could barely walk. 

But it dusnae sit right wae LargsTon so people should stop calling him a rapist and let the laddie earn a guid honest wage.

"It's all Val McDermid's fault. She's Sturgeon's pal" according to Twitter. Usually accompanied by the 🇬🇧 emojis. 

Completely ignores the fact that our other lead sponsor, club TV and safety officer all walked before the club u-turned. It doesn't matter the name attached to the charge, our fans stood up and made sure it wasn't happening. He's claimed that he's not told his story, but it's all they're in the court papers.