Bollocks to the "Arbroath is a good away day" and "Arbroath would be weaker" vibes. I want banter, I want salty tears, I want to be able to go back and multi quote Killie fans who were thinking they'd stroll the league or who were worried about boycotting a "promotion party" at Starks Park after the Rovers signed the rapist, I want to see Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen etc having to play in a force nine gale at Gayfield next season. Mon the Lichties. 

At the bottom end, I think Ayr should have enough to stay up given their run in. Pars will likley finish 9th as long as we don't lose the two games at home to Ayr and Queens. And I'd be a bit more confident of scraping through a play off now that I would have been had they been a couple of weeks ago. Need to wrap Dom Thomas in cotton wool though.

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

... Just because those three teams are good doesn't necessitate that the team below them is also good, the only certainty is that you weren't as good as those three teams, it doesn't show or say how bad you were. It bears absolutely no reflection on the quality of the rest of the league. 

In 2018 Brechin finished a mere two places behind Falkirk, now while Falkirk weren't very good, realistically the Brechin were absolutely turbo shite. 

Really?

How extraordinary.

The only teams finishing above us had infinitely greater resources.  We finished as close to Rangers in 3rd as to Falkirk in 5th.   We were closer to 2nd in points terms than they were to 1st.

Still "shite" though despite finishing above everyone else you might reasonably expect to find in the division in a typical season.  

Yes, doubling down on unadulterated pish is definitely the way to go here.

Obviously whoever finishes fourth are going to be one of the (slightly) better sides in this division, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be shite. We’re probably favourites for fourth at the minute and we’ve just conceded 10 goals in three games against Morton, Hamilton and Dunfermline. So aye, the teams that finish fourth are usually absolute shite, and that’s why the get routinely beaten immediately in the playoffs (I think this year the team in fourth might make it through a round, but that’s only because all the teams realistically competing for that and third place are equally pish)

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?

How extraordinary.

The only teams finishing above us had infinitely greater resources.  We finished as close to Rangers in 3rd as to Falkirk in 5th.   We were closer to 2nd in points terms than they were to 1st.

Still "shite" though despite finishing above everyone else you might reasonably expect to find in the division in a typical season.  

Again, it has absolutely no relevance to how good the teams below you were, or even how good you were. 

Dunfermline finished second to Rangers in league one, we were still a pretty poor football team. 

I'll absolutely double down, your points are an absolute nonsense. 

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We finished 4th behind those sides a few years ago. It's harsh/wrong to say that side of ours was "shite".

How though? Just because you were in the company of good/big teams doesn't automatically mean that you yourself are a good/big team. The measure of how good a team is comes in the teams they've finished above, and the division wasn't exactly strong that year was it? 

If Brechin were to give it big licks and say "we only finished behind these big sides in the championship, it's harsh/wrong to say we were shite" it'd be a ridiculous point. 

There were some absolutely shite teams in the Championship that year, Cowdenbeath, Livi and Alloa finished within 2 points of each other at the bottom, you would've had greater than, or similar resources to Raith, the only team of note you've finished above is Falkirk. Christ, what an achievement. 

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Queens fans scrambling for relevance over finishing 4th 7 years ago. Fucking hell that’s low.

They'll be lucky to finish 4th in the seaside league next season, so it's very much a raging against the dying of the light moment for them. 

Queens fans scrambling for relevance over finishing 4th 7 years ago. Fucking hell that’s low.

Yeah, because that's Definitely what's happening here.
How though? Just because you were in the company of good/big teams doesn't automatically mean that you yourself are a good/big team. The measure of how good a team is comes in the teams they've finished above, and the division wasn't exactly strong that year was it? 

If Brechin were to give it big licks and say "we only finished behind these big sides in the championship, it's harsh/wrong to say we were shite" it'd be a ridiculous point. 

There were some absolutely shite teams in the Championship that year, Cowdenbeath, Livi and Alloa finished within 2 points of each other at the bottom, you would've had greater than, or similar resources to Raith, the only team of note you've finished above is Falkirk. Christ, what an achievement. 
I really couldn't care about this argument tbh. I was merely telling D'Jaffo MT's point.

And surely, in a year in the Championship where Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were in it, and promotion would've been pretty unattainable, teams would've been better using that as a building season for a better chance the following season? 

I'm still calling it, finishing above Alloa, Cowdenbeath and a Livingston team at the time when they were run like a shambles doesn't then mean you're a good team because you finished behind other sides. You're only challengers are a Falkirk side blooding youngsters for the following season, and Raith. That is a far more pertinent than listing off the teams you finished behind. 

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And surely, in a year in the Championship where Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were in it, and promotion would've been pretty unattainable, teams would've been better using that as a building season for a better chance the following season? 

I'm still calling it, finishing above Alloa, Cowdenbeath and a Livingston team at the time when they were run like a shambles doesn't then mean you're a good team because you finished behind other sides. You're only challengers are a Falkirk side blooding youngsters for the following season, and Raith. That is a far more pertinent than listing off the teams you finished behind. 

^^^ kens

On the title race, I'm expecting us to take something like 10 points from the last 6 games. We've picked up 16 from the last 6, which would guarantee us the title if we repeated it, but those were easier fixtures than the ones we have left, and even at that probably only the wins over Ayr, Hamilton and Raith were comfortable.

I'd expect that 10 to be comfortably enough if 3 of them come against Arbroath - I can't see them winning 4 of their other 5. But our three away games are all tricky, and if we stumble tomorrow at home, which is entirely possible with our record against Thistle this season, then that would put us under a lot of pressure.

Really?
How extraordinary.

We finished 4th behind those sides a few years ago. It's harsh/wrong to say that side of ours was "shite".

Dunno what’s hard to understand here. Just because a couple of bigger clubs finished ahead of you doesn’t mean you weren’t shite. It’s a shite division and has been for years.