3 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

League title will be between Arbroath and Killie and will probbaly be decided on either the 2nd or last game of the season - expect Killie to drop points and the title will be a close call.

Killie have done well with new managers and a new team just to be still in the race.  

17 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

League title will be between Arbroath and Killie

Really putting your neck on the line with that prediction.

12 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Killie have done well with new managers and a new team just to be still in the race.  

Aye it's a true fairytale story right enough.

The silly season of 'mind games' and blatant revisionism is clearly in full swing now. 

You were 5 points behind Arbroath with a game in hand when you sacked Wright. At no point was Kilmarnock ever out of the title race and were always expected to win it.

League title will be between Arbroath and Killie and will probbaly be decided on either the 2nd or last game of the season - expect Killie to drop points and the title will be a close call.

No doubt we will drop points, but Arbroath will too. They've only won 2 of their last 8. I think we will only need something like 7 points from the last 5.

On 27/03/2022 at 00:58, TxRover said:

The battles look to be for fourth (Partick and Raith) and ninth (Ayr and Pars), with the first team of each pair in the driving seat.

To be honest, like most Queens fans, I think we'll finish bottom.

However, it's a strange logic that sees Dunfermline in more of a fight with a club they're 4 points apart from, than in one with a side only separated from them by 3.

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, like most Queens fans, I think we'll finish bottom.

However, it's a strange logic that sees Dunfermline in more of a fight with a club they're 4 points apart from, than in one with a side only separated from them by 3.

Considered form, my opinion only.

What’s the expectation on Arbroath if Killie get the 3pts on Friday night at Cappielow? Far from easy to go there and win, but would that just about break the Lichties belief the league is still there to be won as Killie would have 6W & 1D from their last 7 with only 4 games remaining?

Think this is the first time all season that the title has been out of Arbroath’s hands. Really can’t see them winning it now, as much as it would be amazing to see.

I’d honestly be more concerned about ICT nicking 2nd from them, like Arsenal did to Spurs in the Leicester title year.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think this is the first time all season that the title has been out of Arbroath’s hands.

Friday night is pivotal for me, a win away to Morton and we go 7 clear, that puts huge pressure on Arbroath playing catch up. 

Draw or lose. well that doesn't bare thinking about from our POV.

On 29/03/2022 at 11:58, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d honestly be more concerned about ICT nicking 2nd from them, like Arsenal did to Spurs in the Leicester title year.

Yes, the famous 'finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race'.

I hope not, to be honest, but it's a possibility.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t think they’d win the play-off anyway tbh.

Nah, probably not.

They'd have a much better chance from 2nd though.  

It would be a shame if their season fizzled out a bit from here, given how remarkable it's been. 

They've not collapsed or anything; it's just that their, perhaps inevitable, stumbling has been accompanied by Kilmarnock getting an act together.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah, probably not.

They'd have a much better chance from 2nd though.  

It would be a shame if their season fizzled out a bit from here, given how remarkable it's been. 

They've not collapsed or anything; it's just that their, perhaps inevitable, stumbling has been accompanied by Kilmarnock getting an act together.

When you’re fighting for a league title, 2 wins out of 8 games *is* collapsing tbh.

Not criticising though; they’ve done magnificently to compete for as long as they have and they do still have a chance with 5 games to go.

Arbroath need to focus on winning games as Killie are certain to drop points - hopefully starting tomorrow night against Morton.

If Arbroath can go on a winning run it will be a very close call - and if any team in the league can beat Killie it's Arbroath ( who have taken 7 points from a possible 9 so far this season against Killie).

As the saying goes, lets take each game at a time.

Ayrs key games are tomorrow night against Hamilton and next Saturday against Inverness. Win or at least match QOTS's results and we are safe from the automatic drop before we have to play them on the 23rd. 

What we don't want to happen is going in to a head to head in consecutive weeks, Playing Dunfermline to stay above them on the 16th then the same Vs. Queens the week later. 

If we lose the next two games and either of the other sides pick up points then we could be toast. The anger and ambivalence that has been part of the Ayr support along with the inability to stop making the same mistakes from management and players means that if we were involved in a proper scrap to stay up, we'd curl up in to a ball and take a booting. The safest way to avoid it is to win the next two games.