Hibernian v St Johnstone - Saturday 5th March @ 3pm

Moving on from a turgid midweek fixture against Rangers, St Johnstone visit Easter Road on Saturday.

I think we can all (apart from RandomGuy) agree that the ‘Football for a Fiver’ initiative from Hibs is a fantastic gesture and we’re likely looking at a ~20,000 crowd, compared to approximately 13 grand at the game earlier in the season I believe. 7,000 additional skulls should make a significant difference to the atmosphere both in and around the ground on Saturday. Fair play to Hibs for that. 

If Hibs could also host one of their infamous ‘relegation parties’ for us we might actually have a chance of winning & I’ll remember to pack my party hat. 

Final thing: if ‘Hoose Rice’ could keep the terrible patter to a minimum it would be much appreciated.

Good to see there will be a big crowd (although after some of our recent turgid performances, there may also be a few "stay aways" in our end).

I dont think we will be attempting to host any relegation parties, more desperately trying to scramble the odd point to stay in the top 6.

We are 11 first team players injured, and Rocky Bushiri will be banned.

I cant make it so here's my match predictions in gif form

Bored Season 4 GIF by Parks and Recreation

the princess bride boo GIF

Hibernian reserves 0-1 St Johnstone is a fucking stick on here IMO. We do not score goals. Hallberg screamer to win it too probably.

I’m a bit bored of Maloneyball/The Process already tbqhwy. It’s eye bleeding stuff although some leeway can be given due to the injury situation.

I’d play Melkersen and Hauge from the start along with Jasper. Drey Wright can pay his fiver and sit in the stand. 

Two shit teams with no idea how to score goals. 

A thriller awaits.

1-0 Hibs, goal comes when Drey Wright mishits a cross and Parish star jumps instead of just catching the fucking thing.

Clark

Sang - Gordon - McCart - Gallacher

MOH - Hallberg - Davidson - Middleton

Hendry - Bair

Fucking dae it you coward.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

This game is a fiver? Might roll out of my scratcher and into the stands for this one with our game on the night before.

Link to tickets here if you fancy it  - only approx 200 tickets left in the St Johnstone end.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/EDP/Event/Index/3153

I'm actually looking forward to this. f**k raith rovers, hibs are getting my money now. Ticket bought for the east stand, pints in the harp/hibs club before, then more in the artisan afterwards 🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺

Who knew that the time to change shape wasn't when trying to arrest a long run of defeats but when your form was actually better and you'd just spent a fortune recruiting players to fit your system?

It took me a good 30 minutes to realise we’d gone 4-4-2

I spoke to folk after game who were oblivious to fact we'd played a back four, so I wouldn't worry! 

Who knows why he's decided to finally change it now. Bet John Mahon is delighted, as is the chairman who shelled out a good fee for him. 

Who knew that the time to change shape wasn't when trying to arrest a long run of defeats but when your form was actually better and you'd just spent a fortune recruiting players to fit your system?

It was truly bizarre as the issue with the 5 at the back has been that we don’t have the players for it and were playing people out of position. Now we actually do have players who somewhat fit the system he switched to a 4 at the back and had Sang struggling as a winger (thought he did alright under the circumstances) and Crawford completely uninvolved in the game on the other wing, nowhere near the box where he can actually make an impact. Butterfield doesn’t deserve his new scapegoat status but he clearly isn’t mobile enough to be in a midfield 2 against the old firm either.

Clark
Sang Cleary Gordon McCart Gallacher

Hallberg Davidson
McPherson

Hendry Bair

For me here pls. Butterfield in if Davidson doesn’t make it. Clark should play even if he only has one leg.

Imagine the manager will have Middleton in for Bair and Crawford in there for one of the midfielders.

14 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

This has the potential to be even worse than last night. I've slightly less Trust in the Process atm

I'd start Melkerson.

Him and Doidge upfront please.