Vale of Leithen

They could be in for another tough season come August, the Second Division would seem to be a better environment to halt the decline and rebuild.  Good luck to them though, we need more of them and less Syngenta's.

All the best to Ian and Jocky. Were involved at the top end of U20 football for 4 seasons when it first started and moved on to build a more than competitive side over the same sort of time at Edinburgh United.

A good appointment from the Vale committee. 

Get a side on the park for the last 8 games to see out the season and get building for next season in the 1st Division. 

Edited by Crow

11 hours ago, superbigal said:

I guess what little heart the current players had was about the combined size of a walnut. Anymore no shows  and there should be the risk of being removed from the league.

31 minutes ago, 1985 said:

Ian Flynn and Jocky McCrAw is a good appointment - just need to get thru this season and start from scratch next season with their own players 

I’m pretty sure that those two will resource players. 

19 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

On my way around Easter, is there any way I can get from Glasgow to V of L for a night k.o, apart from hiring a car - or staying over ?  Not sure of last Innerleithen last buses yet (Similarly for Dalbeattie)  🚁   

Vale v Linlithgow you'd need a late bus to Gala, a train to Edinburgh then another to Glasgow.

Dalbeattie games no chance - back of beyond.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

How much are the Vale impacted by egg chasing? It's hardly a secret rugby is the more dominant sport in the Borders but Innerleithen unusually doesn't have a rugby team.

They usually just joined up with Peebles. Peebles themselves didn't come across as mad a rugby town as Hawick or Kelso.

Leithen Rovers in the ammys were always pretty strong alongside VoL, Tweeddale (sometimes avec Colts) and Peebles Rovers all in the same area though

36 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

On my way around Easter, is there any way I can get from Glasgow to V of L for a night k.o, apart from hiring a car - or staying over ?  Not sure of last Innerleithen last buses yet (Similarly for Dalbeattie)  🚁   

You can get there... whether the locals will allow you to leave after the curfew is another matter. 

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

X62 - Galashiels to Edinburgh, via Innerleithen, Peebles, Penicuik | Borders Buses

sr368_edinburgh-newcraighall_tweedbank.pdf (scotrail.co.uk)

There's a train to Edinburgh from Gala at 22.19 so you could just about get the X62 bus from Innerleithen back to Galashiels

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Vale v Linlithgow you'd need a late bus to Gala, a train to Edinburgh then another to Glasgow.

Dalbeattie games no chance - back of beyond.

Hey Dalbeattie's no the back o beyond; I think you'll find that's further along the A711.

What's a late bus and this train contraption you speak of?

@Andy groundhopperthe only way to get around Galloway if you don't use own transport is to use the force.

@Spyroremember this is Wicker Man country so don't come if you are a virtuous man or a virgin.

Galloway the forgotten county both by Holyrood and Westminster. Thats what you get when you consistently vote in a Tory.

I know keep politics out this forum. 😈😈😈😈

19 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

What Dalbeattie game you hoping to get to and where and from are you travelling to? Bristol?

20 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Traveline Scotland is your friend. Website and app available

https://www.travelinescotland.com/

20 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

How much are the Vale impacted by egg chasing? It's hardly a secret rugby is the more dominant sport in the Borders but Innerleithen unusually doesn't have a rugby team.

I remember reading that a local player died playing rugby and therefore Innerleithen became more of a football town than their neighbours. Walkerburn is only a mile or so along the road and has a rugby team despite a tiny population and the kids will go to Peebles High School so I'd expect it's a fairly even split between football and rugby there really.