Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Broadfoot may well get a retrospective red card, the beaks will surely want a look at this game considering that c**t Steven's history of reds against us

Do you think that they might look at his actions after the final whistle when he celebrated in front of the home fans?

Well, first choice goalie stretchered off, first choice centre half crocked by second choice centre half, who was then sent off and subsequently strangled by Broadfoot, who somehow avoided a red. The game turns on that moment and we lost two goals in the last two minutes, all but ending our season in the process, with McGlynn sent off after the final whistle. 

It is really rare that you see a referee lose the plot quite as badly as that. I generally don’t criticise referees but that was as bad as I’ve ever seen. If I never see Inverness for another thousand years it’ll be too soon. 

Caley never in that game after our second, but the red changed it. We could have seen it out if we'd stopped battering it forward all the time. 

Ref has had a shocker absolutely ridiculous decisions throughout. Fair fucks to McGlynn getting him tell. 

Bigger concern is the injuries, berra looked bad enough bit macdonalds was horrible 

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

Do you think that they might look at his actions after the final whistle when he celebrated in front of the home fans?

Nah, they won't bother. I can't say I'm particularly arsed about it, but it's another one of these inconsistent things that refs like to pick and choose with. 

A few seasons back East Fife's keeper was given a straight red for a "GIRUY" gesture to us, but David Carson did the same going down the tunnel today about six feet in front of the referee who didn't even blink. 

Mmm I thought it looked a bit of a tasty challenge to be honest but i would certainly appeal it , regarding Broadfoot grabbing a fellow player by the throat is a booking!  I thought that’s a straight red card for violent conduct or has there been a rule change since he gave Davo a second red for the same act last season funnily enough against the same team .

why also does Colin Steven continually be given a rovers Caley  game as he does love a red card for the rovers. The SFA has to look at this clowns performance no wonder players / managers lose the plot 

Poor game management again by rovers shouldn’t be conceding goals outside the box with no pressure on the player 

Edited by basher brash

Sums up Mr Stevens. Since February 
controversial penalty award to Kilmarnock v QOTS.  When foul outside the box  Allan Johnston raging 

kenny Miller sent to the stand    Same scenario

calum Davidson disputes a red card  same scenario 

now be get another red card  and broadfoot can commitment assault unpunished and John mcglynn get a booking then a red 

Top ref Mr Stevens yet nothing will be done 

I don't even know where to begin after that. 

As others have said, it seems actually inconceivable we will ever beat that mob.

We were second best the first 30 minutes but from the second goal until the red card was really quite encouraging and I stupidly allowed myself to think that (injuries aside) we might be turning a corner. 

The red card changed everything though. Crazy by Benedictus to dive in like that when he overrun the ball. Didn't catch all of the rammy afterward so can't say much about the Broadfoot booking. 

I will say that I thought it was the wrong move to leave Varian on ahead of Poplatnik as we had no out ball at all that last 20 minutes. Despite that we looked like seeing it out. The decision to ignore the foul in the build up to the winner was a disgrace though, and pretty much the final insult in 20 odd years of insults against ICT.

Fair play to Carson and Broadfoot for turning me into a seething mess at the final whistle. 

Before Chalmers popped up with those two strikes I thought we were never gonna score. 

The referee was pretty shite and there was a few odd decisions. Haven’t seen the Broadfoot incident back so will reserve judgement. What did the young lad Williamson get sent off for? 

Delighted with the 3 points, granted it does feel like a bit of a robbery considering how utter dross we were for large spells. 

Hope Jamie MacDonalds injury isn’t too bad, always takes our cup final patter pretty well and seems like a decent bloke

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Will Benedictus miss your “Cup Final” and the derby?

If his suspension is served in the league then he'd miss Arbroath and Dunfermline game. If suspension includes cup final then he'd be back for Dunfermline game. That's assuming he misses two games. 

17 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

What did the young lad Williamson get sent off for? 

I didn't see the initial coming together, the impression I got was that Williamson and the defender just came together as they were running. They then went head-to-head, I don't know who instigated that, but the referee then booked them both. 

I can't remember what Williamson's first booking was for, it's not mentioned in the live updates. 

Totally understand your frustration with the referee I would feel the same but you're all spending too much time focusing on the various card scenarios, look again at the two late goals, Chalmers was given too much time with that ball with not one challenge towards him till it was too late, again the second where he had less time to pull the trigger yet he is in the clear.

The fact you were down to ten men with minutes and 2-1 up clearly meant Raith should, to a man, have been just in front of your goal.

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I didn't see the initial coming together, the impression I got was that Williamson and the defender just came together as they were running. They then went head-to-head, I don't know who instigated that, but the referee then booked them both. 

I can't remember what Williamson's first booking was for, it's not mentioned in the live updates. 

I was watching on the stream and apparently completely missed the first booking, as well. Are we sure it definitely happened…?