Sheepshaggers v Spoonburners - Sat 19th

The ball didn't hit Bushiri's knee, I think the argument is it deflected onto his hand via another player.

That's more of a grey area, as his hand's still out and distance from the ball becomes more of a factor.  Personally I think it's a harsh penalty but I doubt it's one you can say definitely isn't a pen

43 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The ball didn't hit Bushiri's knee, I think the argument is it deflected onto his hand via another player.

That's more of a grey area, as his hand's still out and distance from the ball becomes more of a factor.  Personally I think it's a harsh penalty but I doubt it's one you can say definitely isn't a pen

Correct.

Last words on this as nothing will change the result.

The rules state that it is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. 

For me, it wasnt deliberate, in fact it looks like he was bringing his arm down toward his body. Also he wasnt changing his body shape.

It was harsh, but tbf 5 years ago we would all be shouting for it

Having said that, the fucking rules have changed and for me it was also obvious (and in his line of sight) that Campbell flicked it up with his heel. 

Re: distance from the ball, I dont think its relevant here, too far away imo.

An attacking player kicks the ball and it touches an arm of a defending player who is close. The arm was kept close to the side of the body and the player moved their arm into the body to avoid contact with the ball. What is the correct decision?
It is not a handball offence. The referee will allow play to continue

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Correct.

Last words on this as nothing will change the result.

The rules state that it is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. 

For me, it wasnt deliberate, in fact it looks like he was bringing his arm down toward his body. Also he wasnt changing his body shape.

It was harsh, but tbf 5 years ago we would all be shouting for it

Having said that, the fucking rules have changed and for me it was also obvious (and in his line of sight) that Campbell flicked it up with his heel. 

Re: distance from the ball, I dont think its relevant here, too far away imo.

An attacking player kicks the ball and it touches an arm of a defending player who is close. The arm was kept close to the side of the body and the player moved their arm into the body to avoid contact with the ball. What is the correct decision?
It is not a handball offence. The referee will allow play to continue

Nah, he did it on purpose

So for the second match between the clubs since Maloney took over, Hibs are appealing a red card for Porteous, the first one after the event. Unless they have the folk that are in charge of VAR in England looking at the appeal, Hibs are again giving free money to the SFA.  

Hibs didn't appeal a red card to Porteous the first time. If a player is charged after the match then the hearing is to decide whether or not he is guilty, not to appeal the decision.

Shaun Maloney has managed to make Jack Ross's one-dimensional Hibs side look even worse in a very short time.  That must take some amount of inability.  If Ross got sacked after getting Hibs to a cup final, I can't see Maloney surviving to next season, if they don't get to the next one.

On 21/03/2022 at 15:02, craigkillie said:

Hibs didn't appeal a red card to Porteous the first time. If a player is charged after the match then the hearing is to decide whether or not he is guilty, not to appeal the decision.

Ok, they contested the decision.

22 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Apparently Dave Cormack recommend Maloney to Ron Gordon after impressing him during our totally thorough process last year 

Sly old viper is that Cormack 

Hibs - you've been Cormacked - See the source image

I think you also have to consider whether there was any possibility that Porteous could cleanly win the ball there, even if that was what he wanted to do. The position of McCrorie's right leg and also the angle Porteous is tackling from makes it, at best, extremely unlikely that he can win the ball without also wiping out the player and conceding a penalty.

Edited by DrewDon

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think you also have to consider whether there was any possibility that Porteous could cleanly win the ball there, even if that was what he wanted to do. The position of McCrorie's right leg and also the angle Porteous is tackling from makes it, at best, extremely unlikely that he can win the ball without also wiping out the player and conceding a penalty.

Yep.

The laws say denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is a red if there's no genuine attempt to win the ball or no reasonable possibility of winning it. 

I'm pretty sure you'd get a red anywhere on the park for booting someone that hard from behind anyway. 

I'd expect Maloney to at least read the rules before going all in. 

You are expecting Maloney to have been diligent and capable?  He has been like a deer in headlights from the moment he got that Hibs gig.  Maybe a decent coach or assistant for someone (big maybe), but doesn't appear to be manager material at all.

3 minutes ago, StinkyGarth said:

You are expecting Maloney to have been diligent and capable?  He has been like a deer in headlights from the moment he got that Hibs gig.  Maybe a decent coach or assistant for someone (big maybe), but doesn't appear to be manager material at all.

Insightful.....................

Who can forget your beaut of a statement a few short weeks ago that Scott Brown would "walk into any team in Scotland"

big brother 17 forum GIF

20 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Insightful.....................

Who can forget your beaut of a statement a few short weeks ago that Scott Brown would "walk into any team in Scotland"

big brother 17 forum GIF

My, you're a clever one.  Looked through my history to find a quote and try to beat it using hindsight.  A strange one to pick because I stand by that comment - Scott Brown could STILL do a job for any squad in Scotland.  Every team in Scotland is currently playing at least one midfielder who is less capable than Brown.  Because Brown doesn't perform at the level he did 5+ years ago doesn't mean that he's fallen to Joe Newell or Jake Doyle-Hayes standard (had to Google Hibs players).  I think most Aberdeen fans whose opinion I have heard recognise the issue with Brown at Pittodrie was he that was asked to play 90 minutes every nearly match.  If he had been used sparingly as would suit most players his age, then I am sure the return would have been better.  Moot point, he has retired.

That aside, I doubt you will have any luck using hindsight to defend that hopeless creature that is the Hibernian "manager".  Relegation battle for Hibs next season if they keep that charlatan in place - and I think you know that well.