Sheepshaggers v Spoonburners - Sat 19th

Huge game for AFC......

WIN - game on again in the race for Top 6 and possible last minute Betfred Group avoidance

DRAW - seven dead rubbers await - and football is finished until the summer for us

LOSE - seven dead rubbers probably await, but slightly twitchy looking over shoulder at St Johnstone suddenly putting a few results together. Fans start doubting the new manager etc etc

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

This game will be utterly dreadful.

Aberdeen v Hibs either at Pittodrie or Easter Road can generally be one of the better fixtures in the calendar - both teams feel they can 'have a go' at the other, and an open game can be the outcome.

However, there was a spell in the Craigie Broon era for us - where Hibs were equally dreck and I believe we played three goalless draws out in a single season. Utterly brutal stuff. This could well be what's in store for this - albeit that Norwegian kid that scored a couple at Fir Park looks a possible find. Now why didn't we think of signing players from Bodø/Glimt?

Russian vodka has just gone up by 35% so not much chance of just getting shitfaced and falling asleep either................

Melkerson to wear Ukraine hairband, Porteous Red Card for "thuggishly smiling", Gallagher to get a second yellow for offering Maloney a square go.

0-0

Aspirations for this game:

Over 3.5 shots on target

Porteous to rile up the majority of pie and bovril by doing something innocuous

Not to get so pished that I spew allover myself in the pub before the game or passing out in my seat for the majority of the match

Some Melkersen #Skillz

LNER not to announce dry trains between now and Saturday.

We could really do with a win here but I feel a 0-0 is the most likely outcome, the only thing that could change that is if Melkersen pulls something out the bag for us as he indeed looks a #plur.

When’s the draw for the league cup groups?  Buzzing for it. 

Away win. 

Who needs games in places like San Sebastián or Lisbon anyway, when there’s the prospect of a penalty shootout bonus point at Methil in the Betfred?

Studied in Aberdeen almost a decade ago now but haven't been back up in nearly that long and never saw a Dons game, let alone Hibs away. 

That changes this Saturday as I'm heading up with two old pals from uni, neither are Hibs or particular Scottish football fans. Given what we're likely to see I'm not sure I've got the heart to charge them for the tickets.

Whilst the idea is to see some old places I'd happily take any recommendations of good boozers, food places, places to go generally while we're up for the weekend. 

On the football front I'm not really sure what to think after Sunday. We controlled the first half against ten men but got utterly bullied during the second half, also against ten men. I suppose that's plausibly what'll happen when you have five wingers on the field, not all of them on the wings, so it'd be nice to see some centre backs returning but I'm not holding my breath. 

Doesn't appear to have been a good start for Goodwin but I reckon given the chances we've been giving up we're due a doing so perhaps Aberdeen will step up?

Would be nice to see Mueller have a better game than he did on Sunday. 

7 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Doesn't appear to have been a good start for Goodwin

Of his four games so far, three of which have been away - the only completely unacceptable performance was at Tynecastle (no coincidence Brown 'retired' after that).

There's been something there in the other three matches, though it's about time they put it all together and got three points - otherwise the season ends on Saturday (certainly in terms of looking up the way). 

Edited by tarapoa