Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Every type of healthcare system should be looked at.

The US system is not one that endears itself to me.

However, to merely bury your head in the sand and say the NHS is wonderful is every bit as bad.

There will be increasing amounts of privatisation in the UK (including Scotland) to obtain greater efficiency which is exactly correct..

Dont you realise that all pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, buildings, GP’s, just to mention a few are provided privately.

The only point is - who pays at the end of treatment? 
If you look at dentistry, because the system is so badly funded by the SG more and more people are being forced to go private using private insurance. Is the NHS working there? No.

If all you can do is call people gammons then good for you.

About time you came up with a sensible proposal rather than letting loose on screeds of meaningless, inane drivel.

It's time for some out-of-the-box thinking on privatisation and it seems to me almost foolhardy to deny its benefits to the two greatest UK obsessions, namely the monarchy and the military.  Privatising the House of Windsor and the armed forces could put every previous privatisation in the shade and at a stroke free up a considerable sum of money to better benefit the populace.

We are constantly told how much cash the Royals bring to the nation by way of tourism, etc.,  I'm willing to wager that it can be proven to be a tiny sum in comparison to the current public funding of their gilded lifestyles, security apparatus, property portfolio, staff, births, deaths, marriages and coronations, private schooling and on and on.  So let's put it to the test, and those who idolise them can also subsidise them.

As for the military, corporations would be falling over themselves to sponsor regiments - the Ryanair Irish Guards anyone ? - and we could at a stoke eliminate all those hellishly costly MOD cost and delivery overruns as market forces sort out the armed forces.  And I'm sure we'd all sleep safer knowing that Microsoft, Google and Goldman Sachs were calling the shots (pun fully intended).  

17 minutes ago, Masterchef said:

An ancient video based on ill-informed propaganda about the Crown Estate (which, unsurprisingly, is not actually the personal property of the monarch, with its revenue benevolently surrendered by the notoriously greedy Lizzie Windsor).

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's time for some out-of-the-box thinking on privatisation and it seems to me almost foolhardy to deny its benefits to the two greatest UK obsessions, namely the monarchy and the military.  Privatising the House of Windsor and the armed forces could put every previous privatisation in the shade and at a stroke free up a considerable sum of money to better benefit the populace.

We are constantly told how much cash the Royals bring to the nation by way of tourism, etc.,  I'm willing to wager that it can be proven to be a tiny sum in comparison to the current public funding of their gilded lifestyles, security apparatus, property portfolio, staff, births, deaths, marriages and coronations, private schooling and on and on.  So let's put it to the test, and those who idolise them can also subsidise them.

As for the military, corporations would be falling over themselves to sponsor regiments - the Ryanair Irish Guards anyone ? - and we could at a stoke eliminate all those hellishly costly MOD cost and delivery overruns as market forces sort out the armed forces.  And I'm sure we'd all sleep safer knowing that Microsoft, Google and Goldman Sachs were calling the shots (pun fully intended).  

We could get Dundee United to sponsor the royal family.  Then they’d really be fucked.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Oh dear, the old chestnut of privatising the NHS.

The SG have just recently put out to tender various contracts for the private sector to perform surgery such as hips, knee joints, gall stones and other routine procedures. Great move.

Will the patient be billed? No.

Personally, I find the NHS to be poor but I know of no political party that is advocating moving away from it either in Scotland or the UK.
Your statement is complete nonsense but if there is some truth to it, hallelujah.

SG are doing that due to the Covid backlog and NHS struggling with it. 

I cannot believe you are trying to spin, auld Bert getting a hip op, years earlier than he might, as bad.

What are your lot doing to solve the problem?

The square root of f**k all, apart from a team w*nk round Truss

While we are talking about w*nks. Where are Bawbag Boris's 47 new hospitals, he promised?

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

SG are doing that due to the Covid backlog and NHS struggling with it. 

I cannot believe you are trying to spin, auld Bert getting a hip op, years earlier than he might, as bad.

What are your lot doing to solve the problem?

The square root of f**k all, apart from a team w*nk round Truss

While we are talking about w*nks. Where are Bawbag Boris's 47 new hospitals, he promised?

Maybe you could read what I say. ‘Great move’

???????

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Serious question: how do healthcare systems differ in Scandinavia and Germany etc, compared to here? Are they objectivity not better models than the NHS?

Most have far better outcomes than here and that’s what matters..

They tend to be a mix of public and private finance.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

So where are these 47 new hospitals then?

What are the Tories doing about it?

Wow, it's like devolution never happened.

Privatisation of healthcare is fine as long as it is just bert getting a new hip. 

Meantime due to Scottish Government miscalculations, more and more GP practices are handing their NHS contracts back.

Edited by strichener

Theres got to be better ways to help out nhs provision than some hellish fully privatised healthcare system? Iirc private providers pretty much gave an alan partridge style shrug during the pandemic and were generally a bit, well, shit.

Charging people directly for, say, all gp visits sounds awful to me, but for missed appointments - maybe i could get behind that, i think some figures from the nhs were themselves calling for it relatively recently. Also things like banning tobacco/cigarette sales to anyone born past a set cutoff date which has been floated, but appreciate that gets a bit messy when you also factor in increased state pension demand , enforcing prohibition etc.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A Scottish football forum?

I think I'll sign up and immediately post a video about the royal family, and a made-up story, both in the politics section.

The rule appears to be that 'My Team: <blank>' = I'm just here to get bites on the Politics board.

'My Team: Scotland' = shy The Rangers fan.