RIP Taylor Hawkins

Absolutely gutted at this. Seen Foo Fighters many times in several different countries over the years. Made friends for life through there music and shows. Taylor always seemed a top guy and as the OP mentions, a really great entertainer. 

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Shocked to read this news this morning. Absolutely love Foo Fighters. As a Rush fan since 1976, I was saddened but not actually shocked when I learned about Neil Peart’s passing. Rush were ten years or so older than me. Guys in bands like the Foo Fighters forever seem like ‘new bands’ to me, because in general, they are all ten years younger than I am. Was genuinely shocked to click on my iPad this morning to read this sad news.

RIP. Definitely sticking the Foos on in the car later today. 

Hopefully the gates of heaven are being rocked off their hinges...

taylor-hawkins-neil-peart.png?fit=800,45

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Good enough you wonder how big a frontman he could have been if he focused on that, not that he needed too, went to the top of the game and was superb at it 

Perfect foil for Dave. Two incredibly talented musicians, songwriters and performers. Huge loss to music.

Foo fighters have cancelled their remaining world tour on the back of this. Seems like a bit of an OTT reaction considering Dave grohl was able to finish a set with a broken leg a few years back.

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Foo fighters have cancelled their remaining world tour on the back of this. Seems like a bit of an OTT reaction considering Dave grohl was able to finish a set with a broken leg a few years back.

Death is a tad more severe than a broken limb.

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

Congrats you've now taken the crown for the most stupid post I've ever seen on Pie and Bovril.  

Yeah, can just see a band who have passed their 25th anniversary suffer the shock of a valued band mate, friend, husband and father suddenly passing, and the main man in the band saying ‘better find a drummer quick smartish, got some tour dates booked’.

Jesus wept. Whoever posted that had to be at some sort of wind up.

On 30/03/2022 at 13:44, throbber said:

You should have saved that post for today.

It would have been an April Foos joke.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...