Greenock Morton v Kilmarnock FC

β€œThe only crumb of comfort is Arbroath still have to play Morton. If the Ton can repeat that performance, I’ve no doubt they’ll beat Arbroath’s plucky hybrid team.”

Last match of the season. Morton will have nothing to play for. If we need a win for the Championship I can’t see the Morton players busting a gut for you mob.

A horrible game to watch. 45 throw ins to Morton, 25 to us tells the story of the game.Β 

McInnes put out a formation to negate Morton and unfortunately it stopped us playing our own game.Β 

It might be a good point, that depends upon what Arbroath do today.Β 

4 to go, we are trundling towards the finishing line, results being much better than performances. If we get there, job done. Really don't want to spend more than a, season in this rotten league if we can help it.Β 

1 hour ago, Fide said:

That was a horrible watch, from a Killie perspective, but you have to take your hats off to Imrie and Morton. They had a game plan, they stuck to it and it worked. We barely got a sniff and if not for the pen, which was a stonewaller by the way, that would have been a loss.Β 
Β 

Quite why Deek didn’t change the formation or bring on subs much much earlier is beyond me.Β 
Β 

The only crumb of comfort is Arbroath still have to play Morton. If the Ton can repeat that performance, I’ve no doubt they’ll beat Arbroath’s plucky hybrid team.Β 

What a rancid little man you are.

Β 

* StonewallerΒ πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ

11 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Disappointed to only get a point from that tonight as Killie were there for the beating and were never scoring from open play. We played well and got in their faces from the off.

Referee was fucking terrible, as was Killie’s keeper.

You nailed it Ayrshire.

These days..I can pretty much tell how a game is gonnae pan out after 5/10 minutes.

Last night...I felt good and optimistic after 5........why?

COS WE WERE IN THEIR FACE

MON 'EH TON!

If killie players wanted the 2022/1922 Morton kit they only needed to ask.

Expect most were given one, as last nights issue are now all stretched and oversized.

As for the pen, I was in direct line and thought the guy just hit it at McLean hoping for a senior moment, no chance at his age of getting out the way. Linesman just abdicated responsibility with a no comment.

All said, three draws that should have been wins. Feel we were looking not to lose these games with big help from the refs in last two.Β 

When we hear Russel has resigned we will know that Strapp is a goner, best of luck to him has always giving us 100%.

Morton looked at least competent, and we were Shite. Their goal was well-worked and executed, although we could have defended it better. Or just defended it, really..
Our penalty wasn't, but can see why it was given. Karmic balance for the foul on Shaw which could have been a red card first half? (Although if it's Shaw and the ball isn't on the penalty spot, is it ever really a scoring opportunity?)
Imrie really does appear to have made a difference, and can see Morton kicking on next season if you keep the team together - that lad Strapp is definitely more than a long throw freak show.
On balance, happy to get away with a point, and if Morton keep this up, that's a point more than Arbroath will take off them.
We really missed Rory last night, imho, and Burke didn't get a lot of time to work his magic. Is it too much to ask the 334-year-old to summon up up one last wee run of form to get us over the line?

39 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Morton fans creaming their pants over a 1-1 home draw.

Β 

#levelsΒ 

Or playing the poor wee victim for a stonewall penalty given against their player whos elbow was a foot away from his body while he leans in towards the ball.

Β 

#levels

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

β€œThe only crumb of comfort is Arbroath still have to play Morton. If the Ton can repeat that performance, I’ve no doubt they’ll beat Arbroath’s plucky hybrid team.”

Last match of the season. Morton will have nothing to play for. If we need a win for the Championship I can’t see the Morton players busting a gut for you mob.
Β 

Absolutely bristling with wee guy energyΒ πŸ˜‚

Great performance from the Ton and they really should have had all 3 points.

Thanks for opening up the race for the league title and Arbroath are firmly back in contention ( need to win today of course).

Good luck to Morton for their remaining fixtures - except for their last day of the season at Gayfield.

Based on last night match Morton could be good for the play offs next season.

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

What a rancid little man you are.

Β 

* StonewallerΒ πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ

Cry more. The fact that you don’t think it was a stonewaller reinforces my belief that it was.Β 
Know your place.Β 

3 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Β 

We could well have a league placing or two to play for, which is effectively a new signing for next season's budget. If you think that Imrie will let this team down tools anyway, then you're delusional. He'll want to put down a marker for next season.Β 

And if Imrie's motivation isn't working, we can now invite Neil Warnock to deliver a turbobollocking at half time as well.Β 

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Morton fans creaming their pants over a 1-1 home draw.

😳 Β  really?? Β Not at all; if you read the thread we’re all actually pretty pissed off about not getting the three points that we deserved.

……and as for the incident itself:

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Or playing the poor wee victim for a stonewall penalty given against their player whos elbow was a foot away from his body while he leans in towards the ball.

Β 

1 hour ago, Fide said:

Cry more. The fact that you don’t think it was a stonewaller reinforces my belief that it was.Β 

again, read the thread, listen again to the commentators, read the papers. Very very few folk claiming now that it was a clearcut Β pen, whether Morton fans, Killie fans or neutrals. Like it or not, you two numpties are very much in the minority on this. Maybe you should go join the queue at SpecSavers……. Β  behind that other numpty of a referee.

Just be thankful you managed to hold on for a point, and wind your necks in.   😁

Β 

Looked like a penalty for me at the game so completely understand the ref giving it, rightly or otherwise. Shaw could have stayed on his feet when through 1 on 1 I think, but clearly didn't back himself to score.

Morton completely nullified us and I was happy to escape with a point at the end.

13 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Β  really?? Β Not at all; if you read the thread we’re all actually pretty pissed off about not getting the three points that we deserved.

……and as for the incident itself:

Β 

again, read the thread, listen again to the commentators, read the papers. Very very few folk claiming now that it was a clearcut Β pen, whether Morton fans, Killie fans or neutrals. Like it or not, you two numpties are very much in the minority on this. Maybe you should go join the queue at SpecSavers……. Β  behind that other numpty of a referee.

Just be thankful you managed to hold on for a point, and wind your necks in.   😁

Β 

It was a stonewall penalty. And yes I am thankful we held on for a point, as we were howling. Hope this helps.Β 

33 minutes ago, Fide said:

It was a stonewall penalty. And yes I am thankful we held on for a point, as we were howling. Hope this helps.Β 

😳 no help needed here. And you’re still wrong.  😁

Β