Rovers v Morton

Incidentally, I really like Musonda on the right hand side of a three. I think that's his optimal position, where you can get the best out of his various attributes. 

If by hook or by crook we can keep Tumilty, I'd have that as the starting point for next season's defence. Go shopping for a left wing back and then see if there are centre halfs available to improve on Berra/Bene/Lang. 

13 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Incidentally, I really like Musonda on the right hand side of a three. I think that's his optimal position, where you can get the best out of his various attributes. 

If by hook or by crook we can keep Tumilty, I'd have that as the starting point for next season's defence. Go shopping for a left wing back and then see if there are centre halfs available to improve on Berra/Bene/Lang. 

I doubt we keep more than one of Musonda or Tumilty, if either. With Young to develop behind Dick, not sure we’ll shop for a left wingback either. Such is Rovers life.

I thought that Varian chance had crossed the line, but either way it was tremendous goalkeeping from Hamilton to even create any doubt.

This has been a decent watch, but we've not had any cutting edge. We've spent more time in Raith's half than they have in ours, but they've been creating chances while we've just been a bit hopeful and aimless in the final third. We're seeing how much Reilly brings when he's not playing. I'm fine with playing for set pieces but we're doing nothing with them.

As predicted, we're missing that attacking point in midfield, but presumably the idea is to do our best and keep it tight until there's little enough time left that we can get Ethan Ross on. 

Tumilty also looks like a long season is catching up with him. He's still doing his running, and all credit to him, but he looks knackered. 

We haven't actually played that badly, we just don't have the quality for the top half of this division, particularly when you start taking out key players. With all due respect, guys like Dave McKay and Greig Young shouldn't be starting Championship games in 2022, not to mention the striker who's started 90% of our league games and has two (?) goals.