Kilmarnock v Arbroath, 22.04.22

I think we really missed Donnelly when he went off. Lost our out ball and every time we cleared it, it just came straight back and we were dead on our feet for the last 10 mins. We needed someone upfront just to get a foot on the ball and give our defence a breather and a chance to organise. That was what Nouble was great for. Gaston was absolutely immense and certainly justified keeping him on despite his injury causing us problems with our own goal kicks.

Killie deserved the win and deserve the title but the manner of defeat is tough to take on the night. Over the season, we've been punished for drawing too many games at home.

I've seen a bit of criticism, particularly on twitter, about the quality of play that was on show. I'd rather watch what we saw last night than a Pep Guardiola team make 30 sideways passes in their own half tbf. For a team to punch so far above their weight like we have, it's going to be about doing the simple things well rather than doing anything complicated. It was the same with Leicester 15/16 and it was the same with Greece 2004

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yes, although I am currently in an argument with @Highlandmagyar Tier 3, that is disgusting. Sorry that one of our supporters has just made a real homophobic comment min.

It is unfortunate. But hey, all the best in the Premiership. I will still hope you beat the 2 Glasgow bigoted scum.

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It is unfortunate. But hey, all the best in the Premiership. I will still hope you beat the 2 Glasgow bigoted scum.

Probably see you again next year anyhoo unless spectacular and unexpected signings, that post has removed my ire & left me feeling like a bit of a dick for posting the bizzare absolute in the first place. Sure the mods will do what they do & we will do what we can re the arse cheeks, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Tbh Arbroath didn't deserve anything after that second half, sat in far too deep and allowed Killie to dominate the game.  Also their keeper looked like he was struggling at times,  so why didn't they sub him...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Tbh Arbroath didn't deserve anything after that second half, sat in far too deep and allowed Killie to dominate the game.  Also their keeper looked like he was struggling at times,  so why didn't they sub him...

By all accounts their sub goalie is, in a word, shite. 

Kilmarnock deserved that. They really did a great job in the 2nd half. Arbroath obviously take massive credit for the season they’ve had, genuinely  outstanding. But I think the best team has won the league. And nearly everyone wanted them to fail so fair play, enjoy the victory chaps.

There was a huge temptation for Arbroath to sit on their lead last night but it's invariably a big mistake. They conceded very cheap possession to Killie all over the pitch, stopped pressing the ball early and basically invited a mountain of trouble. That said, I wasn't convinced at all that Killie were going to score - Gaston did well but they were all saves that you would totally expect him to make. Arbroath haven't remotely resembled a PT side this season BUT they did in that second half. I genuinely think that they should have introduced fresh legs much earlier and adopted a much more positive outlook. In all honesty they created nothing in the second half and the ever dangerous Hamilton was starved of any decent service.

Its a shame for their monumental effort to end this way - at HT they were in control of their own destiny but I think the Mgt and players will be kicking themselves that they have allowed this unbelievable opportunity to slip through their hands.

52 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

I think we really missed Donnelly when he went off. Lost our out ball and every time we cleared it, it just came straight back and we were dead on our feet for the last 10 mins. We needed someone upfront just to get a foot on the ball and give our defence a breather and a chance to organise. That was what Nouble was great for. Gaston was absolutely immense and certainly justified keeping him on despite his injury causing us problems with our own goal kicks.

Killie deserved the win and deserve the title but the manner of defeat is tough to take on the night. Over the season, we've been punished for drawing too many games at home.

I've seen a bit of criticism, particularly on twitter, about the quality of play that was on show. I'd rather watch what we saw last night than a Pep Guardiola team make 30 sideways passes in their own half tbf. For a team to punch so far above their weight like we have, it's going to be about doing the simple things well rather than doing anything complicated. It was the same with Leicester 15/16 and it was the same with Greece 2004

Arbroath are like prime Barca tika taka compared to Greece 🇬🇷 2004. And I was in Greece from the quarters, and celebrated their bus parking and set piece robbery like my middle name was Yiannis.

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

I enjoyed it.