Darvel FC Thread

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Fair do's, we'll agree to disagree, I'll admit to not seeing a lot of live Darvel games, only highlights on here, and I'm sure you'll be the same with League 1 and 2.  While I've no doubt he could make an impact at certain clubs in certain circumstances, and his motivational style may certainly get that extra 10% out of players, managing Darvel in the WOSFL with a budget that PROBABLY (and I say that because I'm no financial expert) dwarfs the rest of the league, and at least half the league above, and managing Albion Rovers who probably have the worst budget in any of the top 4 leagues are 2 very different things.

I've no doubt he'll get a crack at it and i'll watch with interest, but I just don't think he's the messiah that he's being made out. Time will tell though.

Mate the game is all about opinions , I don’t agree with his team selections and dont always agree with him but that’s what football is all about , but he knows the game inside out and as I said earlier he has got great connections in the game , what I do know mick only does the job to win things and for self satisfaction , he doesn’t take a wage out of darvel so whatever club he gos to I can assure you they will get success as that’s what drives him on 

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Generally I like what you post, you are very honest.

However, I can't agree that players want to play for Kennedy if the money isn't there.

I also don't believe that Mick could make a success of a club that isn't backed by big money.

It takes money to win things. It's the same in football the world over. Soldiers of love simply won't cut it if not backed by money.

Fm it’s easy for him To attract players because of wages I get that iM No stupid but let’s no be kidded there are guys playing at darvel who could earn more elsewhere and If and when he steps up if he gos for a player and he’s in the ballpart of what other teams are offering I think he would get them to sign , he’s infectious and guys love playing for him , anyway I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier ha ha 

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I’ve got clients who play in league 1 so I do watch and keep an eye on it , the darvel team the now would be in top 6 of it 

Well your argument was Kennedy could take over any League 1 side and win the league, not that Darvel would win it. Do you think he could manage the current Clyde side to a league win?

Kennedy and Darvel are spending money others can't dream of even if you boys want to kid on it's the scenic Ayrshire coast that is bringing them there and they've already failed to go up once. The guy is an imposter. Great connections in the game? He's a nobody who is playing real life Football Manager.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well your argument was Kennedy could take over any League 1 side and win the league, not that Darvel would win it. Do you think he could manage the current Clyde side to a league win?

Kennedy and Darvel are spending money others can't dream of even if you boys want to kid on it's the scenic Ayrshire coast that is bringing them there and they've already failed to go up once. The guy is an imposter. Great connections in the game? He's a nobody who is playing real life Football Manager.

Mate pep guardiola couldn’t get that Clyde team to win the league but I’d imagine any manager would go in look at what they have and then rebuild and get players in to be successful , that’s what mick would do at any club but listen you have your opinion and I have mine , it wouldn’t do If we all thought the same 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate pep guardiola couldn’t get that Clyde team to win the league but I’d imagine any manager would go in look at what they have and then rebuild and get players in to be successful , that’s what mick would do at any club but listen you have your opinion and I have mine , it wouldn’t do If we all thought the same 

where is he getting the money to get players in and be successful at say a Clyde though?

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Is Darvel easy to get to from Glasgow? Surely there's plenty of clubs centrally that are easier to get to and less time consuming of that's the point that you are making? Clydebank and Pollok are two that spring to mind. Two clubs that probably can afford to pay, with facilities as good as Darvel's and who play in front of good crowds week in week out.

Moff had agreed 2 sign 2 players in the summer 1 even shook his hand and darvel found out next thing ye know there away 2 darvel cos the money wis better and they love peri peri chicken 

Mon the papers

3 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Moff had agreed 2 sign 2 players in the summer 1 even shook his hand and darvel found out next thing ye know there away 2 darvel cos the money wis better and they love peri peri chicken 

Mon the papers

This is the whole point isn't it? It's not about the lure of Kennedy or the metropolis of Darvel, or that Darvel is easier to get to than Timbuktu. When all is said and done it's about the free Peri Peri chicken and Kilmarnock pies 😂.

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate it will rankle with gall forever that I chased mick for 6 months and brought him To the club after his attempts , he’s the best man manager of footballers that I’ve came across in all my years in the game , do I think he’s perfect ? Far from it I hear u going on about meechan , I could do the job he does and I’m 58 , he’s very professional does his job but for the outlay and wages he will be on I would expect a lot more out of him , ross Caldwell plays every week and for the life of me I don’t know why but mick must see something in him that I and the boys around me don’t see , and left back is an obvious weakness but again must be a reason why Jordan Allan is no playing as he’s far better player than boy McGowan , good thing for gall is I see we now have a sporting director so will be interesting to see who  he brings in after mick leaves and he will ,  he’s done it in amateur football , junior football and I know he will be a success in the senior game , players just want to play for him it’s as simple as that 

On 28/01/2023 at 16:17, Ih8rangers said:

Opinion on darvel left back McGowan?

can’t defend any high balls over the top at fault for 2 goals wrong side of player , seen him a few times and his defending part of the game needs questioning. Defo weak link for darvel he was torrid first 15 mins against aberdeen also before they switched the boy to other side of park against him! Also no 20 Is a player dressed up his touch is like an elephant & he’s terrified to header a ball or go in for a hard tackle!

darvel we’re crusing and looked in no danger amazing how 1 goal changes a full game they looked gone at 2/1 and only matter of time before 2/2

arthurlie not scored a goal in 4 games prior to today worrying they can score 3 against darvel 

Mate I asked you that a few weeks ago. Watching them I can’t agree more and tbh they have a few more passengers in there team. 
You actually must go & watch the games that I watch & leave with the same opinion 20 ( caldwell) Keeps playing week in week out he’s actually feart of the ball. He jumps 5 secs to early whenever he goes for a header deliberately not want to header the ball & the left backs a schoolboy ! 

as regards to meechan that only came up as someone mentioned darvel signing him from Forfar and at the time he was the so called best player in the league he was on £60 a week at Forfar he won’t be on anywhere near double that at darvel! Iv never once said I like him if he was to be judged the other night you’d say he was terrible as were 7/8 of them. I do think darvel have boys there that shouldn’t be near the team for going forward Iv never undertstood why he can’t get another decent midfielder to help macca out reilly is slower than slow and no better than any others he’s let go like thomo, he had a bit of dig I think the guy who played against irvine might be ok in the middle of the park for them I hope as ian does too much work & covering for mistakes bit like meggatt trying to cover for McGowan 

also not sure I agreed on moore starting up front he can put  the ball in the net but mackenzie does a lot of chasing down & stuff that you need players to do,I felt darvels lineup looked slow, stirlo is quick and can almost get something at times against anyone having a run at them losing truesdale was a blow aswell as tbh Iv never seen a player who’s forms turned in all my time, I was at that game when darvel played rob roy & he stood out and the next few days mick signed him, I thought that boy will do well he was red rotten for months and no idea what made him turn , I have no idea how tho jordan allan isn’t preferred at left back ( I know himself he maybe isn’t as fit as he once was ) but still when I last seen him he looked ok. I’d even no joke play young max Kerr who keeps getting sent out on loan before the lad McGowan . 
And tbh I don’t like to slag any players but at times some need told there not good enough for the jersey!

Edited by Ih8rangers

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Craig Moore, Ian McShane, Andy Stirling...

But you were referring to the current signings ( I’m not on about track back players careers 5 years ago) I played senior 10 year ago I couldn’t play 5s now ! Ffs you take Mcshane & meggatt out darvels team there pretty poor for me! 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's genuinely hilarious that weapons on here are continuing to spout this pish that Darvel's players are there for any other reason than the inflated wages :lol:

There not on inflated wages. There’s players in there team in less than players at other wosfl teams fact 

13 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Name me 3 league 1 / championship players who play for them ? Cmon I’m waiting ! Think before you type your answer ! 

1 minute ago, Ih8rangers said:

But you were referring to the current signings ( I’m not on about track back players careers 5 years ago) I played senior 10 year ago I couldn’t play 5s now ! Ffs you take Mcshane & meggatt out darvels team there pretty poor for me! 

Erm, no. I answered the question you asked. You can't shift the goalposts just because you're wrong. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Erm, no. I answered the question you asked. You can't shift the goalposts just because you're wrong. 

No your wrong the current team none of them would get a game anywhere near the championship bar Mcshane meggatt maybe on a good day but he looked crippled the other night !

im sure at one point every player will have played in spl at reserve level etc im on about current state of affairs they have brought no one in from any championship or league 1 that’s a standard player for they leagues. People who have came in from Peterhead & kelty were no getting there game & there league 2 sides been kind to them!

I don’t come on here for arguments but I must defend mick & can only judge john on what I see off him I get the tv stuff etc from him i understand that puts people off him. Micks speeches etc people having a go at him darvel as a team people hating the money side of things. It’s happening & no one can stop it good luck to them! But there players are not paid anywhere near the figures that are gluing about on this forum there actually laughable . 

I want to watch a team try & play football & there value for my £8 whenever I watch them.