Darvel FC Thread

29 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Aye okay pal neither they do every transfer window says otherwise in here or in any other forum,moaning when moneys spent moaning when it isn't 

So you never grew up with a junior team then?Bit strange that usually junior football and to a lesser extent amateur football is the gateway to the love off football 

I don't believe you or the real football fans patter eithe

Maybe do your geography homework before you talk shite about junior fitba. 

Bringing in players on transfers/loans is a completely different thing to bringing in players who are capable of playing several levels above the level they're playing at. 

As I say, if I wanted to support a side who has the biggest budget in the division and anything other than winning the division is a failure then I'd cling on to the OF. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Maybe do your geography homework before you talk shite about junior fitba. 

Bringing in players on transfers/loans is a completely different thing to bringing in players who are capable of playing several levels above the level they're playing at. 

As I say, if I wanted to support a side who has the biggest budget in the division and anything other than winning the division is a failure then I'd cling on to the OF. 

OF fans spend more money watching there teams than any off your imagined Real supporters list,you have a junior team that is obvious and it isn't Threave Rovers

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't support any "junior" team. Real football fans don't want their side to buy success. 

All over the world in every league, it's nearly almost the team that spends the most money who wins the league every time.

Edited by Crazy Feet

26 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

OF fans spend more money watching there teams than any off your imagined Real supporters list,you have a junior team that is obvious and it isn't Threave Rovers

Aye I'm sure they do. I have no idea why you're battering on about a "junior" team. The closest one is about 25 minutes drive away. Why on earth would I follow a "junior" side when my local side is a 5 minute drive away? 😂

10 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

All over the world in every league, it's nearly almost the team that spends the most money who wins the league every time.

Uh huh. But no one is saying Bayern Munich/Real Madrid/Man City et al are the plucky underdogs the way the Darvel story has been portrayed. 

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I'm sure they do. I have no idea why you're battering on about a "junior" team. The closest one is about 25 minutes drive away. Why on earth would I follow a "junior" side when my local side is a 5 minute drive away? 😂

Uh huh. But no one is saying Bayern Munich/Real Madrid/Man City et al are the plucky underdogs the way the Darvel story has been portrayed. 

But they were, certainly against Aberdeen.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Gies peace. The reason most folk wanted them to go out was for the same reason folk wanted Gretna to implode; they're a side full of players who should be playing at a much higher level. That's fair enough, as a football career isn't the most lucrative occupation in Scotland. But for it to be portrayed as 'plucky wee Darvel, the giant killers' was nauseating pish. 

Every player in darvels team have chosen to play with darvel as they have job/ businesses like normal people. Playing full time football isn’t for everyone & tbh there not doing anything wrong? My full argument is that people are jealous of mick & john or the financial side of things it’s no ones business how much they put into darvel how much there worth or anything, if they choose to put it into darvel or irvine meadow or a charity it’s no one’s business !  I could name umpteen teams in years that have did the same thing with backers who are wealthy so why have a go at darvel 

4 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Every player in darvels team have chosen to play with darvel as they have job/ businesses like normal people. Playing full time football isn’t for everyone & tbh there not doing anything wrong? My full argument is that people are jealous of mick & john or the financial side of things it’s no ones business how much they put into darvel how much there worth or anything, if they choose to put it into darvel or irvine meadow or a charity it’s no one’s business !  I could name umpteen teams in years that have did the same thing with backers who are wealthy so why have a go at darvel 

You're correct. But don't try and kid on that that massive investment isn't the entire reason the side are doing so well. 

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Complete nonsense. Imagine saying what they do is no-one's business. They're the ones who are making it everybody's business by banging their gums at every given opportunity. After the last match, I gave the team talk a body swerve so don't know what was said but the fact that it happened (twice!) shows what a walking ego the manager is and watching Gall's shiny wee napper bouncing about on camera is also anything but endearing. 

The post above about budget and supposed giant killing is spot on. No way should they have beaten Aberdeen but there's also no way that group of players are Tier 6. Anyone who knows football, knows that. 

But at least there's a legacy there. A load of scaffolding poles and boards for the weans to play on when the games are on. 

Where do they bang there gums?

does anyone ask you to watch the before & after of there 2 televised games ? You do know you didn’t have to watch that side of it !

So mick getting on a view from terrace & sportscene is because he is a walking ego? Show the guy a bit of respect your a jealous jealous guy maybe ask john if You can stand beside him next time he’s on tv maybe you will like it 👍

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cos junior football is execrable grass roots and cheap you can booze to,its were most young people start watching the game usually as YTS aye showing my age but all true and then they get proper jobscand money and can afford senior football 

Which is why I know you have a junior team your just not saying who they are

6 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

What are you prattling on about with the no one's business nonsense?

This is a forum where the business of football clubs and the business of people associated with said clubs is dissected, debated and discussed.

8 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It's not full of jealousy. Darvel are a simple curiosity.

All stems from the unsustainability of the project, players that should be playing at a higher level, but choose to play in the 4000 populated village of Darvel. It stems from the nonsense spouted from the fame craving pair of Gall and Kennedy.

Soldiers of love indeed.

Were you a Darvel fan before the money days?

What diff would it make if I followed them before or now ? Il ask you a question if you were a neutral who would you pay £8 to see every sat in the wosfl ? 
i know who I would pay to watch. I don’t get to see them week in week out but I do like going & watching a team who try & play football and have done so ever since my relative joined them In the past few years

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

What are you prattling on about with the no one's business nonsense?

This is a forum where the business of football clubs and the business of people associated with said clubs is dissected, debated and discussed.

And why’s darvel’s business to do with you or anyone, you have no say in what they do end off !

if they go & pay 20k for a player that’s upto them you can’t stop them you can only moan or be jealous. There not committing any crimes doing what there doing !

pollock hurlford arthurlie beith all teams recently spending money do you moan or question what there doing ? No it’s pick on darvel because what there doing is wrong eh?

11 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Cos junior football is execrable grass roots and cheap you can booze to,its were most young people start watching the game usually as YTS aye showing my age but all true and then they get proper jobscand money and can afford senior football 

Which is why I know you have a junior team your just not saying who they are

Aye I have a "Junior" team mate. I'm never out the "Junior" forum. 

1 minute ago, Ih8rangers said:

And why’s darvel’s business to do with you or anyone, you have no say in what they do end off !

if they go & pay 20k for a player that’s upto them you can’t stop them you can only moan or be jealous. There not committing any crimes doing what there doing !

pollock hurlford arthurlie beith all teams recently spending money do you moan or question what there doing ? No it’s pick on darvel because what there doing is wrong eh?

It's pick on Darvel because we've had to listen to shite from the media before and since the Aberdeen game that Darvel are just having a remarkable season and that the money hasn't played the biggest part. How are you continuing to struggle with this? 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I have a "Junior" team mate. I'm never out the "Junior" forum. 

It's pick on Darvel because we've had to listen to shite from the media before and since the Aberdeen game that Darvel are just having a remarkable season and that the money hasn't played the biggest part. How are you continuing to struggle with this? 

How do you need to listen to shite from the media ? Turn the volume down then. What have they not to say anything about them before playing montrose aberdeen & falkirk? Wouldn’t be good for tv that would it

you must know more than anyone about the money situation, I don’t think darvel have did much this season tbh money wise they have the same squad from last season with diff off a few players .. But does it annoy me if they pay 20k for players or whatever they need to make there team better absolutely not. Wouldn’t bother me if it was any team doing it that’s good . The fact they can afford to do it & do it seems to make people Not like it for some reason. There having a go at those who’s backing the club and giving them bad names for no reason. When there not Doing a thing wrong 

moneys not playing any part in them beating montrose aberdeen it’s the same squad of players that beat  Stranraer last year & lost to arbroath.

so where’s this money coming into it ?
Maybe it’s jealousy eh ?

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It's not full of jealousy. Darvel are a simple curiosity.

All stems from the unsustainability of the project, players that should be playing at a higher level, but choose to play in the 4000 populated village of Darvel. It stems from the nonsense spouted from the fame craving pair of Gall and Kennedy.

Soldiers of love indeed.

Were you a Darvel fan before the money days?

I think with that username we can take a guess who his big team is