Darvel FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

At least you can read my name 👏🏻

where am I telling everyone to support & love darvel?  I’m saying get off peoples backs give mick & john a break. You clearly joined the ego then & going to both games that were on tv but wouldn’t go to a normal game ?

wonder why you went to those 2 games are you jealous of john being on tv you maybe wanted someone seeing you in the crowd eh ? 
to say I was there I’m on tele haha 

maybe if you stick to going to rangers games they might put you on tv one day they pick out plenty other uggly ones when the cameras go on the crowd ! 

Wouldn't go to a normal game ? including the 2 games against the buffs I've also seen darvel 5 times this season the two cup ties and 3 normal games that you call them in also going to the beith v darvel on the 25th because my team are playing on Friday 24th that makes it that I will have seen darvel 7 times this season and probably more before the season is over😋

13 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate I agree with u the football is great and I’ve no got a problem with mick and the players getting all the publicity but as for gall I saw him saying he’s no been in his business recently ,that’s because cameras have been all over darvel and no other reason , I’ve got my own business and clients know I’m from darvel , up until Last night most were raving about micks speech against Aberdeen  but to a man they all think gall is a Walloper , my answer to that is who is the best junior team of all time ? They all reply the Talbot and I reply saying can u telL me what Henry dumigan looks like and they all say who ? Now  all of us in the junior game know who Henry is but keeps out the limelight , the way it should be but no gall ,I heard him Saying we will get crowds of a 1000 on different tv stations , aye he will if the other team bring 750 wae them 

when mick leaves and he will the club will Go on but gall picking a manager will be interesting as he’s clueless about the game . 

as for last nights game we needed 9or 10 players on top of their game but was evident from very early on we were off it and it was going to be a long night , Falkirk did their homework and were miles  better.

and the bottom Line is the club has spent a fortune and we are out of every competition apart from the league , I think we will win it but if we don’t then I would suggest the season is a failure, let’s hope they can go on and win it but it won’t be easy 

You talk sense unlike a lot of people on here . I don’t know john at all and tbh I only see him at the smaller games when I can make it, for instance I was at the arthurlie game & the Irvine game. And have followed them when I can He’s clearly a guy who has did well for himself in life and I have spoken to him in very small doses. I can see where people come from about him popping up on tv etc I get all that but it shouldn’t annoy anyone let him have his glory that’s what he’s maybe put money in to see and have his wee nights on tv. Mick on the other hand Is getting drawn into this bad guy category for having a few speeches on tv. Mick is one of the nicest guys anyone will meet and is a fair guy with everyone. I don’t like seeing people talk him down on a forum that he’s on & slag the guy he’s another who’s done& is doing well for himself in life and long may it continue! I love what he’s doing at darvel and as I keep repeating if I want to go to any game on a Saturday in the wosfl il go & watch darvel whoever there playing for value for my money! 

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Wouldn't go to a normal game ? including the 2 games against the buffs I've also seen darvel 5 times this season the two cup ties and 3 normal games that you call them in also going to the beith v darvel on the 25th because my team are playing on Friday 24th that makes it that I will have seen darvel 7 times this season and probably more before the season is over😋

I don’t get where your coming from then saying to me I’m on telling people to love & support darvel?

surely if your supporting them you would be want to tell people off for slagging them? 

im not quite sure I get you here your having a go at me for sticking up for those who are want them out the cup & slagging john & mick but you go watch them when you can? I’m confused 🫤 

I go &’watch darvel most weeks but I wouldn’t go to any game that’s on tv for the simple reason being I know there’s 1400 people there like you who are not interested in them. Go to a maybole in the cup where there’s 10 people turn up me being one of them!

5 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

I don’t get where your coming from then saying to me I’m on telling people to love & support darvel?

surely if your supporting them you would be want to tell people off for slagging them? 

im not quite sure I get you here your having a go at me for sticking up for those who are want them out the cup & slagging john & mick but you go watch them when you can? I’m confused 🫤 

I go &’watch darvel most weeks but I wouldn’t go to any game that’s on tv for the simple reason being I know there’s 1400 people there like you who are not interested in them. Go to a maybole in the cup where there’s 10 people turn up me being one of them!

I dont support darvel I go and take various matches when the buffs have no game . I dont support people who slag them nor do I care but people are entitled to their opinions that's what forums like these are for but your on here telling them that they shouldn't be doing that and the things they say are not true maybe there not but other things could be true ? As for what players are paid if a team has has got the money then why no get the best players possible that's my thoughts but you are trying to tell people that players are on x amount when you really dont have a clue .

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

I dont support darvel I go and take various matches when the buffs have no game . I dont support people who slag them nor do I care but people are entitled to their opinions that's what forums like these are for but your on here telling them that they shouldn't be doing that and the things they say are not true maybe there not but other things could be true ? As for what players are paid if a team has has got the money then why no get the best players possible that's my thoughts but you are trying to tell people that players are on x amount when you really dont have a clue .

I do have a clue but. I’m stating facts there no one in darvels team on any the figures mentioned. 500s & 800s a week. People are falling for that 

there maybe paying a few quid for boys to sign but there no getting paid the big money that there made out to be. 

I’m not arguing with anyone I can back up anything I say 100% 

I want someone backing up where these people get paid 500s & 800s that I have read in the past! 

I will say again I know players in rob Roy & pollok are on more money than several darvel players. End of rant

35 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Genuinely wtf are you slavering about?  You seem to accept darvel have significantly outbided league 1/2 clubs but apparently they are not there for money, just that they prefer the lesser travel at WoS but they also sign for the potential to get darvel promoted beyond that and erm, the extra travel that would involve? 

Who’s to say if they do get into the lowland league the current squad of players can adapt to the travelling that comes with it? My point is players like meechan travelling far each week possibly moved to darvel for that reason. He’s not came to darvel for money reasons as I would bet my life he’s on £20-£30 more than he was on at Forfar similar to reilly with kelty & the 2 newest signings from Peterhead & kelty. Darvel for these boys might suit them rather than up there most weekends. There’s no gap for me between the bottom 7 teams in league 1 to the full of league 2 and darvel. These boys from glasgow are surely looking for a team like darvel to go to rather than travel with the league 1&2 teams to Peterhead’s & elgins. The Lowland league teams there’s none that far a drive every week an hour max your talking 3s&4 hours some weekends for league 1&2 teams. So I’m sure if you offered the traveling around the lowland league to that of league 1&2 they would take the option of lowland league . 
there defo not there for all the 500s & 800s a week people are saying . 

14 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Where do they bang there gums?

does anyone ask you to watch the before & after of there 2 televised games ? You do know you didn’t have to watch that side of it !

So mick getting on a view from terrace & sportscene is because he is a walking ego? Show the guy a bit of respect your a jealous jealous guy maybe ask john if You can stand beside him next time he’s on tv maybe you will like it 👍

In to any microphone they see.

Saw all of the first match coverage but avoided the second. Can only judge the pair of them on their interviews, which is more than enough tbh and I can say quite categorically that if they were chocolate they'd eat themselves. 

That's all.

Edited by jimbaxters

7 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Who’s to say if they do get into the lowland league the current squad of players can adapt to the travelling that comes with it? My point is players like meechan travelling far each week possibly moved to darvel for that reason. He’s not came to darvel for money reasons as I would bet my life he’s on £20-£30 more than he was on at Forfar similar to reilly with kelty & the 2 newest signings from Peterhead & kelty. Darvel for these boys might suit them rather than up there most weekends. There’s no gap for me between the bottom 7 teams in league 1 to the full of league 2 and darvel. These boys from glasgow are surely looking for a team like darvel to go to rather than travel with the league 1&2 teams to Peterhead’s & elgins. The Lowland league teams there’s none that far a drive every week an hour max your talking 3s&4 hours some weekends for league 1&2 teams. So I’m sure if you offered the traveling around the lowland league to that of league 1&2 they would take the option of lowland league . 
there defo not there for all the 500s & 800s a week people are saying . 

Is Darvel easy to get to from Glasgow? Surely there's plenty of clubs centrally that are easier to get to and less time consuming of that's the point that you are making? Clydebank and Pollok are two that spring to mind. Two clubs that probably can afford to pay, with facilities as good as Darvel's and who play in front of good crowds week in week out.

7 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

You talk sense unlike a lot of people on here . I don’t know john at all and tbh I only see him at the smaller games when I can make it, for instance I was at the arthurlie game & the Irvine game. And have followed them when I can He’s clearly a guy who has did well for himself in life and I have spoken to him in very small doses. I can see where people come from about him popping up on tv etc I get all that but it shouldn’t annoy anyone let him have his glory that’s what he’s maybe put money in to see and have his wee nights on tv. Mick on the other hand Is getting drawn into this bad guy category for having a few speeches on tv. Mick is one of the nicest guys anyone will meet and is a fair guy with everyone. I don’t like seeing people talk him down on a forum that he’s on & slag the guy he’s another who’s done& is doing well for himself in life and long may it continue! I love what he’s doing at darvel and as I keep repeating if I want to go to any game on a Saturday in the wosfl il go & watch darvel whoever there playing for value for my money! 

Mate it will rankle with gall forever that I chased mick for 6 months and brought him To the club after his attempts , he’s the best man manager of footballers that I’ve came across in all my years in the game , do I think he’s perfect ? Far from it I hear u going on about meechan , I could do the job he does and I’m 58 , he’s very professional does his job but for the outlay and wages he will be on I would expect a lot more out of him , ross Caldwell plays every week and for the life of me I don’t know why but mick must see something in him that I and the boys around me don’t see , and left back is an obvious weakness but again must be a reason why Jordan Allan is no playing as he’s far better player than boy McGowan , good thing for gall is I see we now have a sporting director so will be interesting to see who  he brings in after mick leaves and he will ,  he’s done it in amateur football , junior football and I know he will be a success in the senior game , players just want to play for him it’s as simple as that 

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate it will rankle with gall forever that I chased mick for 6 months and brought him To the club after his attempts , he’s the best man manager of footballers that I’ve came across in all my years in the game , do I think he’s perfect ? Far from it I hear u going on about meechan , I could do the job he does and I’m 58 , he’s very professional does his job but for the outlay and wages he will be on I would expect a lot more out of him , ross Caldwell plays every week and for the life of me I don’t know why but mick must see something in him that I and the boys around me don’t see , and left back is an obvious weakness but again must be a reason why Jordan Allan is no playing as he’s far better player than boy McGowan , good thing for gall is I see we now have a sporting director so will be interesting to see who  he brings in after mick leaves and he will ,  he’s done it in amateur football , junior football and I know he will be a success in the senior game , players just want to play for him it’s as simple as that 

Come on m8 get a grip he was at colville park who at that level had money (may be his)darvel the new Gretna and you think he could do the same job going to a club with little money ie spfl teams like Dumbarton partick and arbroath . Do you honestly think he would be there if the cash cow wasn't there.

9 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

Where did I mention anyone signed recently isn’t on good money. ? Or possibly better money they were getting wherever they are

I stated I can assure you not every player who is there is on big money, I know players at other clubs are on better money. These 500s & 800s a week are nonsense. The figures people think are rubbish 

no point coming back to me with new signings saying there in better money there’s people in there current squad I can assure you not on 150s a week! 

I'm sure that Ian McShane, Thomas Reilly, Daryll Meggatt, Craig Moore, Jordan Kirkpatrick and Andy Stirling all dropped out of the SPFL to play for the love of the game. 

34 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Come on m8 get a grip he was at colville park who at that level had money (may be his)darvel the new Gretna and you think he could do the same job going to a club with little money ie spfl teams like Dumbarton partick and arbroath . Do you honestly think he would be there if the cash cow wasn't there.

Mate u still have to play a certain way and get the players to come to the club , I get most of them are there because of the wages but I also get why players would want to play for him , if he had any team in league 2 my belief is he would get them promoted , same applies to league 1 , as far as the championship gos then im No going to be daft and say he would get a team To the premier league but what I do know is he has got great connections in the game and if a team Were offering similar money to what he could offer I believe the  player would want to sign for him

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate u still have to play a certain way and get the players to come to the club , I get most of them are there because of the wages but I also get why players would want to play for him , if he had any team in league 2 my belief is he would get them promoted , same applies to league 1 , as far as the championship gos then im No going to be daft and say he would get a team To the premier league but what I do know is he has got great connections in the game and if a team Were offering similar money to what he could offer I believe the  player would want to sign for him

I Don't mind a lot of what you've been saying over the last couple of weeks and followed this thread with interest since the start of the season, but come on man, Mick Kennedy could take over ANY team in League 1 or 2 and win the league..... really?

Just now, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I Don't mind a lot of what you've been saying over the last couple of weeks and followed this thread with interest since the start of the season, but come on man, Mick Kennedy could take over ANY team in League 1 or 2 and win the league..... really?

Yea and I don’t even think it im Sure of it ammo 

29 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

I'm sure that Ian McShane, Thomas Reilly, Daryll Meggatt, Craig Moore, Jordan Kirkpatrick and Andy Stirling all dropped out of the SPFL to play for the love of the game. 

Seemingly it's because Darvel has potential and is easier to get to than the clubs those boys were previously playing for.

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Yea and I don’t even think it im Sure of it ammo 

Fair do's, we'll agree to disagree, I'll admit to not seeing a lot of live Darvel games, only highlights on here, and I'm sure you'll be the same with League 1 and 2.  While I've no doubt he could make an impact at certain clubs in certain circumstances, and his motivational style may certainly get that extra 10% out of players, managing Darvel in the WOSFL with a budget that PROBABLY (and I say that because I'm no financial expert) dwarfs the rest of the league, and at least half the league above, and managing Albion Rovers who probably have the worst budget in any of the top 4 leagues are 2 very different things.

I've no doubt he'll get a crack at it and i'll watch with interest, but I just don't think he's the messiah that he's being made out. Time will tell though.