Darvel FC Thread

I can also state a fact darvel fc players are not on the money people make them out to be there’s plenty players in that league on more money than 1/2 that darvel team so I’m lost with this money money money side of it all! Is it the fact they have more money to buy these players I don’t know but wages wise yous ain’t a clue what yous are talking about I read on here months ago people saying players were on 800s a week absolute rubbish and I don’t need mick to come on & speak for me. I know for a fact other players in your pollocks your rob roys etc have boys  on more money than darvel get. 

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Gies peace. The reason most folk wanted them to go out was for the same reason folk wanted Gretna to implode; they're a side full of players who should be playing at a much higher level. That's fair enough, as a football career isn't the most lucrative occupation in Scotland. But for it to be portrayed as 'plucky wee Darvel, the giant killers' was nauseating pish. 

Regardless of their relative budget at this level they have to be viewed as “plucky wee Darvel, the giant killers” for beating Aberdeen. Nobody can deny them that.

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

If you have a wee man crush on the pair of them then that's fine but all you need to do is read the thread to see the actual reasons folk don't like them or their club.

Can assure you I don’t have a crush on anyone I don’t get the fact people are on these 2 guys backs for no reason . Because john puts his face on tv & because of micks speeches 

nothing wrong with either IMO  

6 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

I can also state a fact darvel fc players are not on the money people make them out to be there’s plenty players in that league on more money than 1/2 that darvel team so I’m lost with this money money money side of it all! Is it the fact they have more money to buy these players I don’t know but wages wise yous ain’t a clue what yous are talking about I read on here months ago people saying players were on 800s a week absolute rubbish and I don’t need mick to come on & speak for me. I know for a fact other players in your pollocks your rob roys etc have boys  on more money than darvel get. 

Name them then or name what the Darvel players are on that you know about? My guess is you know as much as the rest of us.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Name them then or name what the Darvel players are on that you know about? My guess is you know as much as the rest of us.

I can assure you I know more than the rest of yous. And the figures people are saying are laughable. 
there’s guys at pollock & rob Roy on £150s - £200 a week 

I can tell you players in darvels team don’t get that. Fact ! 
so all this there all on big money is just nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Can assure you I don’t have a crush on anyone I don’t get the fact people are on these 2 guys backs for no reason . Because john puts his face on tv & because of micks speeches 

nothing wrong with either IMO  

Oh don't get me wrong I'm delighted he made the speeches, they were funny as f**k 

16 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Why were they funny ?

cause it’s darvel & you don’t like the guy. Give him a break ffs 

or maybe it’s my name & his you don’t like eh, maybe it’s religion 

"Soldiers of love". 

I'm sure you'll be able to provide extensive proof that I (formerly a season ticket holder at Celtic) have a sectarian agenda against you and Mick. The floor is yours.

Edited by Shanner

56 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

And why’s darvel’s business to do with you or anyone, you have no say in what they do end off !

if they go & pay 20k for a player that’s upto them you can’t stop them you can only moan or be jealous. There not committing any crimes doing what there doing !

pollock hurlford arthurlie beith all teams recently spending money do you moan or question what there doing ? No it’s pick on darvel because what there doing is wrong eh?

You aren't getting the point of these forums, are you?

If you've been about here for more than the last few days, you'd get the gist of things. 

You don't understand? Perhaps you should find out before mouthing off at everyone on here?

Edited by funky monkey

42 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

How do you need to listen to shite from the media ? Turn the volume down then. What have they not to say anything about them before playing montrose aberdeen & falkirk? Wouldn’t be good for tv that would it

you must know more than anyone about the money situation, I don’t think darvel have did much this season tbh money wise they have the same squad from last season with diff off a few players .. But does it annoy me if they pay 20k for players or whatever they need to make there team better absolutely not. Wouldn’t bother me if it was any team doing it that’s good . The fact they can afford to do it & do it seems to make people Not like it for some reason. There having a go at those who’s backing the club and giving them bad names for no reason. When there not Doing a thing wrong 

moneys not playing any part in them beating montrose aberdeen it’s the same squad of players that beat  Stranraer last year & lost to arbroath.

so where’s this money coming into it ?
Maybe it’s jealousy eh ?

38 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

27 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

I can assure you I know more than the rest of yous. And the figures people are saying are laughable. 

Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true. League 1/Championship standard players playing for the Darvel jersey, aye?  :lol:

32 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

You are that in the know you can't even spell Pollok correctly

50 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

What was the win bonus for the Darvel players after beating Aberdeen and what would have been the win bonus had they beaten Falkirk?

Must have been huge.

52 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Chris Truesdale left Rob Roy and signed for Darvel for less money then? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ih8rangers said:

So guys like Syme and Morrison, who Darvel paid 1000s for aren't on big money at WoSFL level.  These guys are barely getting a sniff of game time. Jamie Glasgow signed for big money, where has he gone?

That's 3 players signed for big money barely getting a sniff.

That's before you mention the players getting a game every week. 

Big money is at the heart of the Darvel project.

The Forfar captain and league player of the year is on buttons at Recreation Park because he had always wanted to play for Darvel?

Come on 🤣

Went to work this morning comes home have read at p and b and it's an hour's read about darvel with a guy who openly admits he hates The famous Glasgow Rangers 😋 and he knows all the facts about wages at darvel and a few other clubs also and telling everyone to support and love darvel I know it's Valentine's day but that's taking it a bit too far .

I went to both televised games out of interest and enjoyed the occasion and last night darvel just couldn't raise their game like they did against Aberdeen but should be proud of what they have achieved no matter how much money they have spent ,nor do I care it's still something people will talk about for years to come and not just the 100 or so regular fans but most fans no matter who you support and going by this thread they are the talk of the steamie . When darvel win the league and hopefully they win the play offs how far they go up the leagues is anyone's guess everyone will still keep tabs on them some hoping they fall in their ass , but history will show it's was done with serious money and that won't go on forever and some people who claim that this team can live on the income without the John gall and QTS simply canny coont.

It will be interesting over the coming years where this team goes and all the best to them and I will watch with interest while supporting my teams .

1 hour ago, Ih8rangers said:

I can tell you for a fact that there was a player last season that Darvel paid £1500 and £150 p/w wages for a player who most weeks didn't even get into the matchday squads.

53 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

What was the win bonus for the Darvel players after beating Aberdeen and what would have been the win bonus had they beaten Falkirk?

Must have been 

There was no specific bonus is my understanding, was built on progression. That will now be £1500 a man if they played in all the SC ties. (That was a current player telling an ex player the detail.)