Darvel FC Thread

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Tbf if its a change of ko time to ensure your gate is not impacted by another game then as long as both clubs are OK with it then I dont see the harm. I can't see us requesting for a domestic game- but we've requested early kos up against a Scotland game for example. It just stands to reason

For Scotland yes, for the bigotry-stained drains on the whole of Scottish football no.

West of Scotland Football League Championship Rules 2023-24, Rule 14b :-

"Clubs can make an application in writing to the Fixture Secretary to bring forward or defer a scheduled fixture. Such an application must be made by both clubs and upon application, both clubs shall detail any existing player suspensions that will be served on or before the new proposed date. Any application must be received by the Fixture Secretary not later than 7 days before the proposed new date to bring a game forward, or 7 days before the date of the original fixture for a deferred fixture. A change will not be sanctioned if it is thought that it is an attempt to circumvent the disciplinary process or to gain an advantage in any other way. The Fixture Secretary will consider each application on its’ merit and his decision is binding and final."

The Constitution and Rules are set by the clubs, as is the case in all member-run leagues. The Board (elected by the clubs) are only there to administer the rules that the clubs set.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

West of Scotland Football League Championship Rules 2023-24, Rule 14b :-

"Clubs can make an application in writing to the Fixture Secretary to bring forward or defer a scheduled fixture. Such an application must be made by both clubs and upon application, both clubs shall detail any existing player suspensions that will be served on or before the new proposed date. Any application must be received by the Fixture Secretary not later than 7 days before the proposed new date to bring a game forward, or 7 days before the date of the original fixture for a deferred fixture. A change will not be sanctioned if it is thought that it is an attempt to circumvent the disciplinary process or to gain an advantage in any other way. The Fixture Secretary will consider each application on its’ merit and his decision is binding and final."

The Constitution and Rules are set by the clubs, as is the case in all member-run leagues. The Board (elected by the clubs) are only there to administer the rules that the clubs set.

1.30pm kick off on the Saturday then as talbot won’t want any change to kick off 

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Kick off set by league as 1:30 I don't see any valid reason to move any kick off to suits a game out of our league. 

Other leagues keep the same kick-off time throughout the season for clubs with floodlights, which for fans is good - and if you normally play at 2pm then starting at 2.30 or 3 isn't that much of a change versus the extra fans you might get.

Kilmarnock are also at home on the 30th so a Friday night game would avoid that as well. Though of course the opposition need to agree.

Edited by Ginaro

5 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Kick off set by league as 1:30 I don't see any valid reason to move any kick off to suits a game out of our league. 

I don't think the Old Firm will be bothered one way or the other tbh ... but if it doesn't suit one party then it shouldn't change. We've requested small changes this season that have been knocked back by other side and it can also happen vice versa. We do try to help out where we can though. 

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

For Scotland yes, for the bigotry-stained drains on the whole of Scottish football no.

As I say I think it unlikely we'd want to change for avoidance of an Old Firm game and the vast majority of our support would probably be annoyed if we did. Friday game isn't a small change of course and there may be very good reasons for not complying 

On 06/12/2023 at 10:08, Rhubarb-74 said:

We’ve got a new sponsor in QTS so secure for now. I believe the reported debt to Bonnyton is in process of being sorted too. 

I still think we are trying to offload players in particular Wilson and Leishman due to their wages/age.  Never understood at the time signing them on 2 year deals at the age they are at especially when Wilson was rumoured to have been about to retire.  

I think loan move of Hutton was an attempt to appease certain elements of support and say we can still get names. Hopefully successful however we wait and see.  

Better long term vision needed and as I’ve said before more young boys to come through would be good.  I don’t care if it’s a couple of years of pain imo that’s the way forward.  

I still think an EGM is needed.  

QTS are a new sponsor? I am sure they have been around for a few seasons now.

Maybe the loan move of Hutton was the fact we only had 1 starting central midfielder?  But the negative spin sounds better doesn’t it?

As for your other post about travelling support being non existent, you must have been somewhere else watching a game as the away crowds have been decent in the previous 2 away games Clydebank and Arthurlie. The crowds are never going to be recorded breaking. 

You’re the exact same as your pal, nothing but negative pish. 

On 05/12/2023 at 21:16, Rhubarb-74 said:

I believe most teams align themselves in a pathway, I dare say clubs appeal might not be as much If not part of pathway.  I personally think it should be the same name all way down so there is clear identity.  

im not overly familiar with youth football other than taking in the odd Darvel 20s game when they play doon the brae, I think other clubs will have more established pathways in particular clubs with own facilities the Darvel/Galston pathway is fairly new.  

It can’t be the same name at all age levels as Darvel don’t have any teams at younger age group , Galston boys club have been on the go for decades . 

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

No sponsorship deal so yes new sponsor.  Nothing negative about that? I think it’s good they are involved.  As a business they have been good to the local economy and provided good jobs.  

hutton to me was signing a name for the sake of it.  Is there not options within the development team, surely that’s a route we should be actively looking to use? I have said before I think that is the way forward.  I am not a fan on big money transfers at this level.  

although it has improved the last couple of games, it is still a concern.  There are many home games we are out numbered by travelling support.  

if I don’t agree with everything at the club have I just to nod and agree, surely the club is a healthier place with varied opinions and ideas? Do you support the idea of a EGM 

They have been front of shirt sponsor for 3 seasons if you include the cancelled Covid season, I’m pretty sure there would have been some sort of deal in place.

To ask anybody from the 20’s to step up and play week in week out in a very tough/ physical league is ridiculous. Yes there are some very good players in the 20’s, but there is a massive gap between first team and 20’s. Money would have been free’d up from players leaving and I don’t think Hutton will be on a fraction of what Macca was getting. So implying it was a “look at us signing” is a lot of rubbish. Plus going on his form at Pollok isn’t exactly much to back your point up either. Big money transfers or wages is the way it’s going at this level like it or not. 

Why is it a concern? No club at this level can survive with just the gate money. I don’t really recall any home games we have been outnumbered by away fans either.

Why do you think there is a need for an EGM? 

2 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

Maybe the loan move of Hutton was the fact we only had 1 starting central midfielder?  But the negative spin sounds better doesn’t it?

As for your other post about travelling support being non existent, you must have been somewhere else watching a game as the away crowds have been decent in the previous 2 away games Clydebank and Arthurlie. The crowds are never going to be recorded breaking. 

I was at both the away games mentioned and I read a fantastic away support , there wouldn’t be 40-50 at the games , it’s no all negative , there has been plenty of positives mentioned for what’s happened recently but u have to take the negatives with the positives in football 

30 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I was at both the away games mentioned and I read a fantastic away support , there wouldn’t be 40-50 at the games , it’s no all negative , there has been plenty of positives mentioned for what’s happened recently but u have to take the negatives with the positives in football 

Coming from you everything is negative, you can’t write a positive comment and leave it at that. Of course everything is going to be negative when you’ve not got a say anymore?

4 minutes ago, ClubFan87 said:

Coming from you everything is negative, you can’t write a positive comment and leave it at that. Of course everything is going to be negative when you’ve not got a say anymore?

My only says were starting the lottery and getting mick in , that worked no bad eh 🤔

n tell me why there wouldn’t be an agm open to everyone , be quite interesting 🤔

4 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

‘Decent’? You had hardly anyone at holm park?

29 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

My only says were starting the lottery and getting mick in , that worked no bad eh 🤔

n tell me why there wouldn’t be an agm open to everyone , be quite interesting 🤔

It did actually work out ok. Nobody is questioning that at all. 

now you are not involved everything is negative even when things are going well is my point. 

I don’t know, why don't you ask the people that make those kind of decisions? Did you not make the cut for the last AGM? The club will always be a better place without you. 

11 minutes ago, ClubFan87 said:

It did actually work out ok. Nobody is questioning that at all. 

now you are not involved everything is negative even when things are going well is my point. 

I don’t know, why don't you ask the people that make those kind of decisions? Did you not make the cut for the last AGM? The club will always be a better place without you. 

Nop invitation only and never made the cut ha , but hey ho and in your opinion which Is fine that’s what football is all about but if u think things are fine doon the brae so be it 

1 minute ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Surely to comply with the clubs constitution which I am assuming forms part of the framework of league/sfa membership then an agm would have to be held.  My point is for an EGM due to various issues going on and to give fans better idea what is going on and how we can help out.  

An AGM was held this year……

Surely the statement put out from the club was clear enough to let everyone know what was going on. The statement also invited anyone with any ideas for moving forward etc to get in contact with the club?