Darvel FC Thread

2 hours ago, Satori. said:

The bigots are out in force.  There is no hiding from them. 

Even the OF fans who arent that way minded, they just try make everything about Celtgers. Travel abroad and its ‘Rangers or Celtic’ teaching all the bar staff bigoted phrases etc, just an embarrassing representation of Scotland on so many levels. They've ruined the competition at premier level in Scotland, their bitter rivalry divides communities and they do more harm than good and we should do all we can to keep their influence out the wosl.

14 minutes ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Games never going to be on on Saturday.  Can’t see any plea going out to help with pitch on Saturday for the usual flooding, fingers crossed it is off since they never moved it.  

not sure it’s the worse thing it being off talbot won’t bring much of a crowd with the fan base of bigots no doubt being at an orange lodge watching the old firm game.  Better playing them when we can milk them for their gate money.  

Thanks for the update on your midden. Also good to see where your loyalties(can I use that word)are. Hope the Spar is open for your bag of cans. 

2 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Games never going to be on on Saturday.  Can’t see any plea going out to help with pitch on Saturday for the usual flooding, fingers crossed it is off since they never moved it.  

not sure it’s the worse thing it being off talbot won’t bring much of a crowd with the fan base of bigots no doubt being at an orange lodge watching the old firm game.  Better playing them when we can milk them for their gate money.  

Darvel is the only away game in the league  I would refuse to go to now

20 hours ago, southerner said:

Darvel is the only away game in the league  I would refuse to go to now

Don’t let him put you off ae coming. He disny represent Darvel or the rest of the support. He is purposely tryin tae slag talbot off for wit reason I do not know. You have the best support In not only the ‘juniors’ but wid put a lot of league 1 n 2 clubs to shame aswell regardless of who rangers n Celtic play.  Hopefully the game beats the weather on Saturday and we can all witness a good game of football. 

9 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

We’ve not got the frost covers on, I think that tells you that we don’t want game on.  My back grass is frozen solid.  No plea on social media to put them on either….I wonder why

You need somebody at the four corners of a frost cover and sadly you don't have enough supporters to carry that task.

Am I right in thinking Mr John Get it up u talbot Gall is a business man but he knew the weather was going to be dodgy so why spend all this money on covers when u don't use them is he scared or is it he doesn't care about Darvel no more or is it just like the failure to get promoted the players went we don't want to play surely they can't afford games to be off and u would do everything to get the game on I mean Aberdeen game could have been moved but only cause they did so called work it went ahead something doesn't add up 

28 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Am I right in thinking Mr John Get it up u talbot Gall is a business man but he knew the weather was going to be dodgy so why spend all this money on covers when u don't use them is he scared or is it he doesn't care about Darvel no more or is it just like the failure to get promoted the players went we don't want to play surely they can't afford games to be off and u would do everything to get the game on I mean Aberdeen game could have been moved but only cause they did so called work it went ahead something doesn't add up 

Are you actually aware that 99 percent of the games in the west of Scotland were postponed today including some astro ones? What a mess you're getting yourself into over darvel .

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Are you actually aware that 99 percent of the games in the west of Scotland were postponed today including some astro ones? What a mess you're getting yourself into over darvel .

He hasn't been at a Talbot game for years 🙂

Just now, allyg1977 said:

Yeah fair point but its quite hard when u live down south to get to every gamebut over my lifetime probably been to more talbot games than u  but the question I am asking is Darvel have spent all this money trying to be the big boys but can't seem to be bothered to put covers on a pitch that they have supposedly now if they did that would have it made a difference who knows but probably would have. so like all the stories and pictures going around on the Internet is Darvel wanted this game off for other reasons . so I am allowed to ask the question surely what is the real reason the only reason I can think off is Darvel sorry Mr gall didn't want to play talbot today he's hoping for a warm summers day in January. 

I doubt you've been to more games than me 🙂.

Talbot have had frost covers down and games have still been off.

Games on plastic pitches were also postponed as well.

10 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Yeah fair point but its quite hard when u live down south to get to every gamebut over my lifetime probably been to more talbot games than u  but the question I am asking is Darvel have spent all this money trying to be the big boys but can't seem to be bothered to put covers on a pitch that they have supposedly now if they did that would have it made a difference who knows but probably would have. so like all the stories and pictures going around on the Internet is Darvel wanted this game off for other reasons . so I am allowed to ask the question surely what is the real reason the only reason I can think off is Darvel sorry Mr gall didn't want to play talbot today he's hoping for a warm summers day in January. 

Frost covers are only effective until the temperature dips too much and after that they can be a waste of time I've experienced it lots .

• 2 weeks later...