Darvel FC Thread

10 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Shambles of a club  

Honeymoon over

Time for divorce 

John gals a ............

Feel sorry for the true Darvel fans 

Mon the papers

Meh while I'm no admirer of Gall I'm sure the true fans weren't bubbling too much when they won the league and beat Aberdeen. If they never win another cup they have some brilliant memories and a much improved ground to enjoy. 

Is Gall actually going to be scaling back the spending btw? The current squad is as expensive looking as anything under MK. 

38 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Meh while I'm no admirer of Gall I'm sure the true fans weren't bubbling too much when they won the league and beat Aberdeen. If they never win another cup they have some brilliant memories and a much improved ground to enjoy. 

Is Gall actually going to be scaling back the spending btw? The current squad is as expensive looking as anything under MK. 

Wondered that myself-there were all sorts of stories about MK leaving and the big money disappearing simultaneously but Mr Gall is still about and I’m not convinced there is any drop in financing

Any good business, when they arrange contracts, its expected that they have money in the bank to cover all wages of all staff, its only good business practice.
Everyone can all have their views.  I remember MK said he hasn't put any money into Darvel, so if that's true where did the money come, sponsorship from Gall's Pie company and as he knew what was happening, as in MK coming and a push, his pie company could have put a lot of money in to cover everything.

There's no doubt in my mind, eventually the big money will run out and the club will reach their own level which will be a few years from now but another new backer could jump onboard, you never know.   What I will say out of all of this, no matter, with the refurbishment, building of the existing ground Darvel have a good future and are in a great place.  I cant see them going for the league anymore, especially with the manager they have but suppose you never know

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

I believe the weekly budget will be far more than when mick was at the club , there be players playing in the spl yesterday no on as much as one of our players weekly and stupid signing on fees being bandied about on 2 year deals !  bear in mind mick never took a wage out the club and his backroom Staff were hardly taking anything either so it’s no rocket science it’s going to be more on a weekly basis , I can’t believe John who has been a successful businessman of that there is no doubt has allowed this to happen , it’s just sheer stupidity and someone has to be held accountable for the paying of stupid transfer fees , stupid signing on fees and wages the club can’t afford, it quite simply can’t go on 

If rumours are to be believed the ex QOTS player is supposed to be on 40k a year. That must make him one of the best payed part timer in Scotland and only Arbroath could match those wages part time.  The chairman told me not so long ago that the average wage for the squad was just over £200 a week. Whatever figure is true that is not sustainable at Darvel with the bloated squad they have. Nor is it value for money especially with recent results. Can't believe a guy who runs a successful business can be taken for a ride that easy. He better have deep pockets to terminate a few contracts shortly.

11 minutes ago, Bheaten Castard said:

If rumours are to be believed the ex QOTS player is supposed to be on 40k a year. That must make him one of the best payed part timer in Scotland and only Arbroath could match those wages part time.  The chairman told me not so long ago that the average wage for the squad was just over £200 a week. Whatever figure is true that is not sustainable at Darvel with the bloated squad they have. Nor is it value for money especially with recent results. Can't believe a guy who runs a successful business can be taken for a ride that easy. He better have deep pockets to terminate a few contracts shortly.

He's not be taken for a ride, he's doing this known very well what he's doing.  I believe he's only doing this as he as some connection to Darvel previously, i.e., always been a supporter of Darvel.  I think any guy who came into a big lump of money to not even worry about money anymore, lottery etc... would want to put some money into the club that they love.

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

He's not be taken for a ride, he's doing this known very well what he's doing.  I believe he's only doing this as he as some connection to Darvel previously, i.e., always been a supporter of Darvel.  I think any guy who came into a big lump of money to not even worry about money anymore, lottery etc... would want to put some money into the club that they love.

Don’t think he would ever have been in Darvel’s park until his son signed and I’m no so sure any businessman would want to lose money week in week out , let’s take this month for example , no home games so 5 weeks wages at let’s say 5k per week and I’m probably on the low side here , lottery which he never wanted brings in lest say £6-800 , that’s a loss of £24,200 minimum ! no wonder Berwick rangers came out with their statement last week and John should do the same , at the end of the day what he’s done off the park has to be applauded but he can’t let this go on 

49 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Don’t think he would ever have been in Darvel’s park until his son signed and I’m no so sure any businessman would want to lose money week in week out , let’s take this month for example , no home games so 5 weeks wages at let’s say 5k per week and I’m probably on the low side here , lottery which he never wanted brings in lest say £6-800 , that’s a loss of £24,200 minimum ! no wonder Berwick rangers came out with their statement last week and John should do the same , at the end of the day what he’s done off the park has to be applauded but he can’t let this go on 

For 20 years from the early 90s nobody cared about Darvel. There were a few elderly locals who were slowly going down with the ship. The club were never out of the bottom three in the Ayrshire league and double figure losses were common. Guess what? Nobody cared. Now everyone is concerned that they are spending too much money and might not win the top league. It’s a funny old game right enough. 

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Agree he's not being taken for a ride but not because he had a connection with Darvel, it's because he is an attention seeking galloot with more money than sense.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

He should know that some of these players would be getting nowhere near that sort of cash elsewhere. He has been great for Darvel and brought them into the 21 st century.There is no doubt without him they would be struggling in the bottom leagues but he isn't a bottomless pit. Sooner or later he will stop pumping ridiculous amount of money in. Everyone knows the club he loves and it ain't Darvel 

It's to a much smaller scale but can't help but draw comparisons with how darvel could end up with the road that gretna eventually went down . 

Brooke mileson and John gall both egotistical owners who undoubtedly raised their clubs profiles to a huge level but when these type of guys are gone then where do these clubs end up despite the thrilling moments that they witnessed along the peak of their journeys   .

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

It's to a much smaller scale but can't help but draw comparisons with how darvel could end up with the road that gretna eventually went down . 

Brooke mileson and John gall both egotistical owners who undoubtedly raised their clubs profiles to a huge level but when these type of guys are gone then where do these clubs end up despite the thrilling moments that they witnessed along the peak of their journeys   .

Who geez a flying toss. 

12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I believe the weekly budget will be far more than when mick was at the club , there be players playing in the spl yesterday no on as much as one of our players weekly and stupid signing on fees being bandied about on 2 year deals !  bear in mind mick never took a wage out the club and his backroom Staff were hardly taking anything either so it’s no rocket science it’s going to be more on a weekly basis , I can’t believe John who has been a successful businessman of that there is no doubt has allowed this to happen , it’s just sheer stupidity and someone has to be held accountable for the paying of stupid transfer fees , stupid signing on fees and wages the club can’t afford, it quite simply can’t go on 

Correct my understanding from a guy I work with is that some of the backroom team didn't receive anything