Darvel FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Hopefully the Arthurlie manager sees this post mate.  Tactically very poor. We are struggling with injuries but there are no excuses for going out and playing the way we do , game after game we give away goals a schoolboy team would be ashamed of.   I didn't see too much between the teams yesterday but unfortunately when you are inept in front of goal and defensively, there is usually only one outcome.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        We need a miracle to stay in the premier division.  We have some very good young players , all we need now is someone who can set them up to look like a football team.

Second half u were probably better team and u have some good young players but on what I’ve seen this season unfortunately I can’t see u staying up but a long way to go 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Good 3 points yesterday at a tricky venue and got the job done early With 2 goals from Jordan Moore and he was probably denied his hat trick by an offside flag just after his second goal , arthurlie middle Of defence just can’t run and they played with no depth which was strange with pace Moore has , arthurlie we’re better second half and looked like a stonewall penalty to me but nae var so we will never know and then we killed the game with a fluke , 7 points in a week I wouldn’t have predicted but job well done , on a side note I see Blair mcnallys video from beith game Wednesday night and gall saying he told mcinally to win the junior cup this year  , 3 year ago when he got licensed he didn’t want to play in it 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Why does it bother you what Tony’s objectives are given to him from the club this season? Is it because you’ve not had an input? 

you actually can’t come on here and say you know what a good 3 points etc etc and leave it at that you’ve always got to stick your negative bit in and talk pish. 

Flies round shite on Wednesday night when mick was there, for a group of grown men it was embarrassing 😂😂

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Hopefully the Arthurlie manager sees this post mate.  Tactically very poor. We are struggling with injuries but there are no excuses for going out and playing the way we do , game after game we give away goals a schoolboy team would be ashamed of.   I didn't see too much between the teams yesterday but unfortunately when you are inept in front of goal and defensively, there is usually only one outcome.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        We need a miracle to stay in the premier division.  We have some very good young players , all we need now is someone who can set them up to look like a football team.

First time I've been down to Dunterlie this season and have to say I was very disappointed in Arthurlie.  They could still have been playing today and not scored.  

They probably had as much of the ball as Darvel but didn't do anything positive with it.  Their best player was the young right back but he was played too deep to be more effective up the park.  He did a lot of covering up as well as the defence was not very secure looking. 

I liked the look of Dykes as well but he needs more movement around him for the team to benefit from his abilities.

The keeper is also a good shot stopper but I like goalkeepers who command their box and goal line like Leishman does. 

Obviously I can't judge them on seeing them once but from folk I know who watch them most weeks I think they are going to struggle to stay up this season - hope not but don't see anything other than this being the case. 

2 hours ago, ClubFan87 said:

Why does it bother you what Tony’s objectives are given to him from the club this season? Is it because you’ve not had an input? 

you actually can’t come on here and say you know what a good 3 points etc etc and leave it at that you’ve always got to stick your negative bit in and talk pish. 

Flies round shite on Wednesday night when mick was there, for a group of grown men it was embarrassing 😂😂

Spot on. Always needs tae get a bitter negative comment in. Especially when things are positive again within the club he needs to try bring them down. All because he’s nothing to do with the club and has no say wit happens doon the brae.. thankfully for all us Darvel fans as none of the guys I go to games with can stand the guy or his bum chum. The clubs objectives have mibbi changed , now it’s a crime tae say he wants to win the junior cup 🤷🏼‍♂️. Aye yer right all over mick laughing n joking , the guys an embarrassment 

5 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

As a long term browser I felt the urge to sign up and give my views.   

I am delighted to hear of Alan continuing his sponsorship for 5 years with the figure reported through the grapevine at £100k for the 5 season deal (£20k/season) paid in one full instalment to cover all 5 seasons.  Certainly welcome cash boost at present.  

is it time for an EGM to be held, allow all fans in not limited to members, I know Covid played its part however I don’t recall an agm being advertised for a number of seasons now.  Fans new and old bought into the plan for progression however in light of recent event is it time to grow a fan base as being honest for the level we are at we have one of the lowest attendances in league.  Is it time to build on the developments over the past number of years and build a proper community club not just aim to go up the league when we haven’t got a broad enough fan base to cover it.  

I personally would just like transparency, good or bad  

I would still like an emphasis on the youth pathway, for me I personally don’t agree with the level of transfer fees at this level.  I’d prefer to see boys coming out of Galston boys club into the 20s team etc…

Hiya Alan. Hiya pal!

1 hour ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Don’t think so.  Think they will have learnt their lesson.  Regroup and grow the club before throwing stupid money about again.  Needs to be much longer term project 

Why not have it paid over 5 years then if don't need it this season? Darvel seem to need the £100,000 now to pay the player wages until the end of this season - certainly what it looks like to outsider.

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

Quick question has mick has openly answered before and recently how can some one who is employed by anyone not take money from an employer and they do it for the love of the game if I am not wrong. 1 it's against the law to employ someone without payment. 2 even if he did say he didn't want paid what happened to his wages . And 3 if a player can't play for free for the club they love ie Messi going back to Barcelona how did Darvel get a way with it ??? Maybe someone has answers has to why this is happening to a decent team who grew to quickly 🤔 😕  But what happened to Mr I am God Mr speakers Mr motivation speeches Managers wages if he didn't take a penny something is not right .

Take a day off for f**k sake 😂

Edited by ClubFan87

3 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Hopefully have a better support for than the away side this week.  Quite worried as season tickets don’t cover the game and then you’ve got Christmas shopping.  It really is a worry at moment, is there anything the club can do to better promote it as lack of gate receipts surely have to be hurting us? We can’t be relying on QTS bailing us out all the time need to be self sufficient.  

Larky will turn up in force.

12 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Hopefully have a better support for than the away side this week.  Quite worried as season tickets don’t cover the game and then you’ve got Christmas shopping.  It really is a worry at moment, is there anything the club can do to better promote it as lack of gate receipts surely have to be hurting us? We can’t be relying on QTS bailing us out all the time need to be self sufficient.  

Has qts been bailing use out? Here's me thinking it's been john gal? No wonder he's no happy with me. Who is this Alan guy aswell? Is he the new guy for when gal walks away? 

Mon the papers

12 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Hardly relying on QTS money. £20 k a year will probably cover one of the players wages. There are other sponsors plus there lottery and the pieman. Darvel has never had a large support and it has grew considerably in the last few year but never to anything like the better supported teams. Even if Darvel agreed with Larkhall to reduce the price of entry it wouldn't put many on to the gate. 

7 hours ago, Rhubarb-74 said:

Long term for the club to work there needs to be a much larger fan base which to me is an uphill struggle.  Even at our peak of performances our attendances couldn’t get close to the bigger sides.  

No criticism to Darvel for this but that is really the issue and it the same for the majority of clubs at all levels in Scotland barring maybe a few. Attracting new fans is really hard.

On 22/11/2023 at 13:12, Rhubarb-74 said:

As a long term browser I felt the urge to sign up and give my views.   

I am delighted to hear of Alan continuing his sponsorship for 5 years with the figure reported through the grapevine at £100k for the 5 season deal (£20k/season) paid in one full instalment to cover all 5 seasons.  Certainly welcome cash boost at present.  

is it time for an EGM to be held, allow all fans in not limited to members, I know Covid played its part however I don’t recall an agm being advertised for a number of seasons now.  Fans new and old bought into the plan for progression however in light of recent event is it time to grow a fan base as being honest for the level we are at we have one of the lowest attendances in league.  Is it time to build on the developments over the past number of years and build a proper community club not just aim to go up the league when we haven’t got a broad enough fan base to cover it.  

I personally would just like transparency, good or bad  

I would still like an emphasis on the youth pathway, for me I personally don’t agree with the level of transfer fees at this level.  I’d prefer to see boys coming out of Galston boys club into the 20s team etc…

U talk too much sense for this place pal , noticed u said on a later post we need to get back to not having an owner , no one owns the club , John will have put loads of dough in but he doesn’t own the club .

also as a matter of interest can u name that team on ur profile pic , I played in it but 2 or 3 I just don’t know and neither do other guys who played alongside me 

46 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

U talk too much sense for this place pal , noticed u said on a later post we need to get back to not having an owner , no one owns the club , John will have put loads of dough in but he doesn’t own the club .

also as a matter of interest can u name that team on ur profile pic , I played in it but 2 or 3 I just don’t know and neither do other guys who played alongside me 

Is that you back row, second right, J?