Darvel FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

The club didn’t aim for a certain capacity in terms of the works, a decision was made to carry out works to increase the overall capacity of the ground as it was clear early on the 2250 wasn’t sufficient.

The final number of 4000 was agreed by the council based on the their calculation method, as you know there has been sufficient sums of money spent to improve the ground it won’y be required on a week to week basis but it improves the infrastructure of the ground long term.

I’m not sure how that decision pisses of both sets of fans

Mate it’s 10 days before the game , I’d imagine Aberdeen fans would want to run buses but they have no idea how many tickets they are getting so how can u do that ? how can that be fair ?
IMO 2250 was more than sufficient for a game live on telly on a Monday night , I’d agree with u if it Was a weekend game 100% there could and would  have been more than 2250 wanting to see game but it’s no 

8 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

The club didn’t aim for a certain capacity in terms of the works, a decision was made to carry out works to increase the overall capacity of the ground as it was clear early on the 2250 wasn’t sufficient.

The final number of 4000 was agreed by the council based on the their calculation method, as you know there has been sufficient sums of money spent to improve the ground it won’y be required on a week to week basis but it improves the infrastructure of the ground long term.

I’m not sure how that decision pisses of both sets of fans

What's your thoughts on the initial darvel capacity being 2250 yet polloks capacity is only 900 now?

Fully understand its not your decision regarding newlandsfield only being 900 but what's your thoughts regarding darvels being 2250 initially and pollok being only 900 when you look at both grounds.  ? 

5 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate it’s 10 days before the game , I’d imagine Aberdeen fans would want to run buses but they have no idea how many tickets they are getting so how can u do that ? how can that be fair ?
IMO 2250 was more than sufficient for a game live on telly on a Monday night , I’d agree with u if it Was a weekend game 100% there could and would  have been more than 2250 wanting to see game but it’s no 

The 1750 was the number agreed after discussion with Aberdeen, they were part of that agreement. There has been several meeting with all parties, on the works and allocated tickets. It was only at the final meeting today to sign everything off they raised concerns, not about the allocation but the flow. The whole ground as been restructured and designed to meet the health and safety requirements agreed by all parties 4 weeks ago. The issue is Aberdeen issue, we have done everything asked of us.

Jim I can assure the 2250 isn’t enough, we have over 1000 requests for tickets for players and committees family and friends. That’s before you take into consideration Darvel fans, Aberdeen fans and neutral fans. 

8 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

What's your thoughts on the initial darvel capacity being 2250 yet polloks capacity is only 900 now?

Fully understand its not your decision regarding newlandsfield only being 900 but what's your thoughts regarding darvels being 2250 initially and pollok being only 900 when you look at both grounds.  ? 

I agree it’s totally unfair on Pollok, unfortunately Glasgow City Council seem extremely difficult to deal with.

what I will say is we have had to put so much more infrastructure to get the ground capacity up 

7 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

The 1750 was the number agreed after discussion with Aberdeen, they were part of that agreement. There has been several meeting with all parties, on the works and allocated tickets. It was only at the final meeting today to sign everything off they raised concerns, not about the allocation but the flow. The whole ground as been restructured and designed to meet the health and safety requirements agreed by all parties 4 weeks ago. The issue is Aberdeen issue, we have done everything asked of us.

Jim I can assure the 2250 isn’t enough, we have over 1000 requests for tickets for players and committees family and friends. That’s before you take into consideration Darvel fans, Aberdeen fans and neutral fans. 

1000 people looking for freebies,  lucky if 10% of them will take a ticket once you tell them to stop being scrounging c***s and pay up.   

Licensing is in place for a reason and part of it is so clubs aren’t scrambling around trying to work out how to deal with a big crowd.   There’s many clubs who have shown they can manage with capacity’s lower than they’d like,  I don’t get why darval couldn’t do the same.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

1000 people looking for freebies,  lucky if 10% of them will take a ticket once you tell them to stop being scrounging c***s and pay up.   

Licensing is in place for a reason and part of it is so clubs aren’t scrambling around trying to work out how to deal with a big crowd.   There’s many clubs who have shown they can manage with capacity’s lower than they’d like,  I don’t get why darval couldn’t do the same.

They aren’t requesting free tickets, everyone who has requested a ticket will be paying for one that was always the agreement. 

We aren’t scrambling, when we made the decision to keep the game at Darvel, we decided the increase in crowd was also an opportunity to improve part of the ground. I see no issue with that it’s all part of the progress of the club off the park, there will be more improvements carried out in the summer 

1 minute ago, Mkennedy said:

They aren’t requesting free tickets, everyone who has requested a ticket will be paying for one that was always the agreement. 

We aren’t scrambling, when we made the decision to keep the game at Darvel, we decided the increase in crowd was also an opportunity to improve part of the ground. I see no issue with that it’s all part of the progress of the club off the park, there will be more improvements carried out in the summer 

Your 10 days from a match and don’t know your capacity,  how close to the day do you say your are not scrambling? 

You get absolutely zero credit from playing the game at your home ground.  That’s what you should be doing.  

Looking at your tweets I’m really unsure what you have done to double capacity,   You’ve built some banking sure,  but it’s not terracing, it doesn’t have a single barrier built etc, absolutely nothing done to change the max 4 deep green guide calculation.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Your 10 days from a match and don’t know your capacity,  how close to the day do you say your are not scrambling? 

You get absolutely zero credit from playing the game at your home ground.  That’s what you should be doing.  

Looking at your tweets I’m really unsure what you have done to double capacity,   You’ve built some banking sure,  but it’s not terracing, it doesn’t have a single barrier built etc, absolutely nothing done to change the max 4 deep green guide calculation.

It doesn’t have a barrier ? the full area has been rebuilt and has new barrier around the full area. 

We do have the capacity it was calculated by the local authority, it’s 4000 Aberdeen are contesting the flow for their fans. We can’t control that, all these details had been discussed and agreed at previous meetings. 

36 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

we have over 1000 requests for tickets for players and committees family and friends. That’s before you take into consideration Darvel fans, Aberdeen fans and neutral fans.

Well,that is the fans put in their place.

Not sure if anyone saw the safety concerns raised after the Wednesday Newcastle game, overcrowding but sure I read about crowd circulation within that.

Overall I’d imagine this has been raised in genuine concern for their supporters and the public and not just to be difficult as is being implied?

IMO seems a risk for all this close to kick off, can of worms if for example the independent assessment comes back glasgow city style or flags other things, do you just get another one? Do Aberdeen say no all together? 

41 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

It doesn’t have a barrier ? the full area has been rebuilt and has new barrier around the full area. 

We do have the capacity it was calculated by the local authority, it’s 4000 Aberdeen are contesting the flow for their fans. We can’t control that, all these details had been discussed and agreed at previous meetings. 

Doesn’t look like a weight bearing crush barrier too me. And even if they are there only 1 row of them.  

pretty sure if the claims from Aberdeen or police Scotland were contesting were not important they’d be instantly dismissed 

What are the concerns about flow of fans and what has been put in place to counteract it?  I guess things like clear defined passageway are part of it.   These are simple basics once you want to move into bigger capacities.

Edited by parsforlife

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

pretty sure if the claims from Aberdeen or police Scotland were contesting were not important they’d be instantly dismissed 

Yeah that was my thoughts reading it, Anyway good luck to Darvel, hope something gets sorted out. Intend on closely listening to the game at home ☺️

Edited by Killiepiyo

8 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

At Darvel 6 new turnstiles have been added and 3 new 4m emergency exit gates, the ground can be evacuated in 7mins 

I think that’s the main difference with newlandsfield,

the P&S factor calculation of the ground is actually about 4500, it was lowered to 4000 to be safer on 2 people per sqm rather than 3 or 4.

the barriers are rated at 40 newton per kg, and uprights are spaced at 1.2m rather than 1.5m to increase strength, Aberdeen we’re also offered OXO crush barriers to be hired in. 

All the ground works are complete and achieved on schedule and the car park is being tidied up at the moment.

Given Aberdeens current form maybe they’d prefer to play this at another ground as it doesn’t suit them

There nothing wrong with the works done, the safety calculations or the match safety plan.

37 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

At Darvel 6 new turnstiles have been added and 3 new 4m emergency exit gates, the ground can be evacuated in 7mins 

I think that’s the main difference with newlandsfield,

the P&S factor calculation of the ground is actually about 4500, it was lowered to 4000 to be safer on 2 people per sqm rather than 3 or 4.

the barriers are rated at 40 newton per kg, and uprights are spaced at 1.2m rather than 1.5m to increase strength, Aberdeen we’re also offered OXO crush barriers to be hired in. 

All the ground works are complete and achieved on schedule and the car park is being tidied up at the moment.

Given Aberdeens current form maybe they’d prefer to play this at another ground as it doesn’t suit them

There nothing wrong with the works done, the safety calculations or the match safety plan.

Totally get and understand that although I was talking more about why darvel pre -improvements were allowed a capacity of 2250 compared to polloks 900 when you looked at both grounds ?

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally get and understand that although I was talking more about why darvel pre -improvements were allowed a capacity of 2250 compared to polloks 900 when you looked at both grounds ?

It's all down to the facilities available at the time of the inspection, and the parameters used by the inspector. Rutherglen Glencairn's ground (for example) has a certified capacity of just over 1600 and could be over 2000 were we to put in another entrance/exit.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Doesn’t look like a weight bearing crush barrier too me. And even if they are there only 1 row of them.  

What are the concerns about flow of fans and what has been put in place to counteract it?  I guess things like clear defined passageway are part of it.   These are simple basics once you want to move into bigger capacities.

As I have already said, all safety aspects in terms of the agreed capacity of 4000 have been met. These request Safety Advisor Group chaired by the council. We have followed all requirements set out, if you read park circus post that will give you an indication of the works. We didn’t set the capacity after all the works were complete it was the council 

Gall has to be applauded for what he has done re facilities over the last few years the park , lights dressing rooms , home terracing , boundaries etc but what I can’t get is all this money spent to have a one off game ,

the work that has been done to try and get 4000 in is all good and well when imo I don’t think there was any chance of 4000 in however the question id ask is will it ever be used again and will it be value for money ? 
 certainly if darvel stay in same league it won’t be needed 

if they win the league and go to the good old L L certainly won’t be used

league 2 it won’t be used

league 1 it won’t be used 

championship it won’t be used 

so unless we get lucky in cup runs I just don’t get it I really don’t 

i think the only thing the wee park needed was away turnstiles and an away enclosure & then it would have been one of the best set ups in west of Scotland 

25 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Gall has to be applauded for what he has done re facilities over the last few years the park , lights dressing rooms , home terracing , boundaries etc but what I can’t get is all this money spent to have a one off game ,

the work that has been done to try and get 4000 in is all good and well when imo I don’t think there was any chance of 4000 in however the question id ask is will it ever be used again and will it be value for money ? 
 certainly if darvel stay in same league it won’t be needed 

if they win the league and go to the good old L L certainly won’t be used

league 2 it won’t be used

league 1 it won’t be used 

championship it won’t be used 

so unless we get lucky in cup runs I just don’t get it I really don’t 

i think the only thing the wee park needed was away turnstiles and an away enclosure & then it would have been one of the best set ups in west of Scotland 

The work was required to keep the ground open and usable, the original plan would have closed 50% of the ground for this match, which would have then been the SFA requirement going forward due to grass surface, this would have been difficult to steward on a match day.

This work was already planned for the summer just brought forward for the cup match.

the works been completed on time and under budget to a higher spec than originally set out.

10 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

Fair play to Mkennedy to come on P&B and answer questions.

Couldn't see Big Ange or that new guy at the New Rangers coming on P&B.