5th Place Rovers v Title Winning Killie

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think the signs were there before the Goodwillie signing. We went on a great run but we weren’t particularly impressive in a lot of games during it, indeed by xG and xP I’m sure we 5th/6th place in the league at Christmas time.

Aye, that performance away to Ayr on boxing day was what set alarm bells ringing.

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think the signs were there before the Goodwillie signing. We went on a great run but we weren’t particularly impressive in a lot of games during it, indeed by xG and xP I’m sure we 5th/6th place in the league at Christmas time.

At the end of January, the only really disappointing result, for me, had been the away defeat to Ayr United. Losing to Arbroath at home wasn’t great but they were a decent enough side. I suppose we weren’t winning anymore, so the signs were there, but before the Goodwillie signing I had high hopes for 6 points from the QoS and Accies home games at the start of February.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

At the end of January, the only really disappointing result, for me, had been the away defeat to Ayr United. Losing to Arbroath at home wasn’t great but they were a decent enough side. I suppose we weren’t winning anymore, so the signs were there, but before the Goodwillie signing I had high hopes for 6 points from the QoS and Accies home games at the start of February.

3/12 points were won against the current bottom two teams in the league in the first two quarters. The warning signs were there. After the 3-0 Hamilton game in November the performances really dipped, the results still came but starting with the Boxing Day match at Ayr the they dried up. We’d gone five league games without a win before we signed Goodwillie.

We were without a win in six when Goodwillie was signed, so the downward trend was well in progress. There is no possible way of proving it, but I'm almost certain that it contributed to continuance of the dreadful run of form. You can't just ignore that kind of furore and it'll have had an impact. 

At any rate, to have gone from where we were to where we ended up is hugely disappointing and frusrating, even if the circus brought upon the club is ignored. It's why this game ought to be the management team's last. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

3/12 points were won against the current bottom two teams in the league in the first two quarters. The warning signs were there. After the 3-0 Hamilton game in November the performances really dipped, the results still came but starting with the Boxing Day match at Ayr the they dried up. We’d gone five league games without a win before we signed Goodwillie.

Back when we were actually good and won the league (92/93) after humping St Mirren 7-0 we drew with Stirling Albion (finished 8th) 0-0 and also drew with Meadowbank (relegated) in October.

Next promotion season in 94/95 we dropped early points to Stranraer (0-0) and Clydebank (1-1) who finished bottom and 8th respectively.

Its difficult to be brilliant all season. I wouldn’t write a season off due to a couple of ropey results. For me the Goodwillie debacle had a definite impact.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Back when we were actually good and won the league (92/93) after humping St Mirren 7-0 we drew with Stirling Albion (finished 8th) 0-0 and also drew with Meadowbank (relegated) in October.

Next promotion season in 94/95 we dropped early points to Stranraer (0-0) and Clydebank (1-1) who finished bottom and 8th respectively.

Its difficult to be brilliant all season. I wouldn’t write a season off due to a couple of ropey results. For me the Goodwillie debacle had a definite impact.

I’m sure it did have some impact but given that before we started our bad run the xG and xP had us firmly mid table it suggests that we were perhaps quite lucky during our good run.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m sure it did have some impact but given that before we started our bad run the xG and xP had us firmly mid table it suggests that we were perhaps quite lucky during our good run.

I’m which case, well done McGlynn! 👏 

@SteakandGravy's Solicitor Sic ‘em! @craigkillie

57 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It's been suggested on here previously that we were probably never quite as good as our form on the first half of the season suggested and that would back that up. 

I would be interested to see what those stats are for the 2nd half of the season though. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's been suggested on here previously that we were probably never quite as good as our form on the first half of the season suggested and that would back that up. 

I would be interested to see what those stats are for the 2nd half of the season though. 

I suspect the loss of Spencer and Tait in close proximity precipitated a reasonable amount of the second half wobbles. Stanton was a wonderful signing, but isn’t either of those players, nor is he Reagan Hendry v2.0. Simply expecting Stanton to plug in for Spencer, or to magically pull together the midfield reins like Reagan did, was an inexcusable error.

While Varian’s work rate was always great, his lack of results should have put Poplatnik in earlier, but JMcG’s sheer bloody mindedness seemingly prevented that change. Given that the third and fourth time facing opponents resulted in much worse outcomes, you also have to question tactics, and the ability of the management team to adapt to in-season changes brought about by player availability and opponents tactical revisions.

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

I would still expect that a big Killie support will be there on Friday. Over 2000 probably.

Last i checked there was 12 or 13 coaches full. 

Most regular buses putting on 2. We have got over 100 going from our boozer. 

Looking at ticket sales i think we'll have over 2,000 through on Friday.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Last i checked there was 12 or 13 coaches full. 

Most regular buses putting on 2. We have got over 100 going from our boozer. 

Looking at ticket sales i think we'll have over 2,000 through on Friday.

Looking at the availability map there are only 30-40 seats available. It might be that the front few rows and the very end sections haven't been put on sale but yeah that would still amount to over 2,000 comfortably I would've thought.

Everything feels one week too late from the club.  Going on about taking it to the last game after full time on sat, and "one last push"

The time for real urgency was when drawing 0-0 with Morton at half time.  We've been one week too late with urgency since then really.

On 24/04/2022 at 15:13, craigkillie said:

Amazing to think that if baldy rape apologist John McGlynn hadn't nuked Raith's season with the worst January signing in Scottish football history, it could be him and his team getting a guard of honour on to the pitch on Friday night. But unfortunately he did and they won't.

There's a reason why that gamble was taken, and it was that we were absolute gash.

I remember texting my dad at the Morton game the week before saying that the side didn't look capable of challenging for promotion,  and most of us conceded a title charge after drawing with ICT early Jan.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Looking at the availability map there are only 30-40 seats available. It might be that the front few rows and the very end sections haven't been put on sale but yeah that would still amount to over 2,000 comfortably I would've thought.

2400 shifted i've been told. 

They've just put some of the front rows on sale. 

The 4 big sections are sold out expect the odd ticket there and there.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

There's a reason why that gamble was taken, and it was that we were absolute gash.

I remember texting my dad at the Morton game the week before saying that the side didn't look capable of challenging for promotion,  and most of us conceded a title charge after drawing with ICT early Jan.

We really should've won that game. The game week after against Arbroath was absolutely gutless though. The first 45 minutes was spent passing it along the back line with absolutely no desire to get the back through the midfield - it seemed very fortunate we went in 1-0 up at half time given we'd barely had the ball out of our own half with most of the possession. It wasn't a surprise we completely collapsed when Berra went off injured.