Dog Kills Man

On 18/11/2023 at 21:15, RuMoore said:

A wiser man than me once said "All Dogs Go To Heaven" but does that really include the mauling types and yappy dugs?

I really need to know at this point are the Xl Bullies allowed to cross the rainbow bridge? 

Makes you think. 

I think I'm going where the cats go...

In an update of the Prometheus myth I'll have Smudger disembowel me every night

41 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Half the dogs with cropped ears and all of them on short, tight leads isn't giving the impression the owners were looking for I think.

You can see some of the owners, even the stronger looking ones, really struggling to hold on to their killing machines as well...

The thing is this type of dog is (quite publicly) on recent record as having attacked and killed a human. They are proven to be unnecessarily dangerous. That can't de disproved now in any way, and certainly not by simply having a few of them in a park and holding them back with dear life from freely running after anyone they want.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

You can see some of the owners, even the stronger looking ones, really struggling to hold on to their killing machines as well...

The thing is this type of dog is (quite publicly) on recent record as having attacked and killed a human. They are proven to be unnecessarily dangerous. That can't de disproved now in any way, and certainly not by simply having a few of them in a park and holding them back with dear life from freely running after anyone they want.

I'd certainly be walking smartly in the opposite direction if I came across that scene in my local park. The breed seems to have a shorter fuse than most to be sure.

“Yeah he wouldn’t hurt a fly. Lovely nanny dog, that’s why we named him Mauler and his twin brother Arseraper” said while desperately trying to keep hold of the four inch thick steel chain that’s holding him back.

They're to remain legal here... well for the moment (as frankly I cannot see them sticking to this - especially if another bad attack happens)... after the Scottish Government declined to follow the measures and timetable being applied elsewhere in Britain, after representations from SSPCA and other bodies.

Victims & Community Safe minister Siobhian Brown said no new breed types had been added to the banned list in Scotland for 30 years and this reflected a policy “for owners to control their dogs whatever the breed may be”. Highlighting the current system of dog control notices issued by councils, she said: “we use these important powers where needed and focusing on those owners who have allowed their dogs - including XL Bully type dogs - to be out of control.” But she demanded “clarity over whether the ban will apply to people living in England and Wales who sell, abandon etc. their XL Bully dog to people in all other parts of the UK including Scotland.

Ms Brown said that “a ban will not be introduced in Scotland on the timings set for England and Wales” and SNP ministers would “continue to assess relevant evidence in this area”. She said this was a "proportionate approach that focused on deed not breed".

Let's hope it does not mean "deid not breed" for somebody...

Edited by HibeeJibee

40 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

They're to remain legal here... well for the moment (as frankly I cannot see them sticking to this - especially if another bad attack happens)... after the Scottish Government declined to follow the measures and timetable being applied elsewhere in Britain, after representations from SSPCA and other bodies.

Victims & Community Safe minister Siobhian Brown said no new breed types had been added to the banned list in Scotland for 30 years and this reflected a policy “for owners to control their dogs whatever the breed may be”. Highlighting the current system of dog control notices issued by councils, she said: “we use these important powers where needed and focusing on those owners who have allowed their dogs - including XL Bully type dogs - to be out of control.” But she demanded “clarity over whether the ban will apply to people living in England and Wales who sell, abandon etc. their XL Bully dog to people in all other parts of the UK including Scotland.

Ms Brown said that “a ban will not be introduced in Scotland on the timings set for England and Wales” and SNP ministers would “continue to assess relevant evidence in this area”. She said this was a "proportionate approach that focused on deed not breed".

Let's hope some it does not mean "deid not breed" for somebody...

Pretty shambolic that tbh. It's going to be a source of outrage when someone gets attacked by one of these after the ban comes into force elsewhere in Britain. There will also be a swell of them up here with our arsehokes buying arsehole dugs from English arseholes on the cheap.