Dog Kills Man

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Aren't you the same person who wants to 'rewild' Scotland with wolves

In Europe, farmers have started using livestock protection dogs where wolves have been reintroduced. We can look forward to the underclass aspiring to one of these darlings. Turkish Kangal can take bites out of wolves.

OIP.jpeg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

50 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In Europe, farmers have started using livestock protection dogs where wolves have been reintroduced. We can look forward to the underclass aspiring to one of these darlings. Turkish Kangal can take bites out of wolves.

OIP.jpeg

Livestock guardian dogs have been used by people since the Roman Empire. Some farmers have recently been trialing them in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-66270061

33 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Wolves are not considered a dangerous species towards humans. Between 2002 and 2020 there were 26 fatal wolf attacks worldwide - 14 of which were by rabid wolves, with 9 of these in Turkey alone. 2 of these attacks occurred in North America and before then you would have to go back to the 1920s for the last fatal attack by a healthy, wild (ie not rabid or captive) wolf in North America.

Are humans the only species that wolves interact with? I didn't think so. 

So it's case of you permitting and cheerleading horrendous attacks by evidently capable animals when it suits your own fruit-loop agenda, before taking up the Helen Lovejoy routine against 'monsters' in a slightly different guise. You can't have it both ways. 

Dog owners warned not to rehome banned XL bullies in Scotland - BBC News

Scottish minister warns dog owners should not bring XL Bullys to Scotland despite lack of ban

Owners of American XL bully dogs have been warned against rehoming the breed in Scotland after they were banned in England and Wales. The Scottish government's community safety minister, Siobhian Brown, said it was still "weighing up evidence" on whether they should be subjected to similar constraints.

But she said the ban in England and Wales should still allow for owners violating the new rules to be "held accountable for their actions" - without having an impact in Scotland.

UK government legislation made it illegal to breed, sell, or walk the animals in public without a lead and muzzle from 31 December. However, restrictions on the animals are yet to be introduced in Scotland. She told BBC Radio Scotland's Drivetime programme: "It is concerning to hear reports that the XL Bully dog is being moved to Scotland for rehoming. "We have made it clear to the UK government that people in England and Wales should not use any loopholes that could be created to get rid of their dogs north of the border or anywhere else in the UK."

Ms Brown said consultation with victims of dog attacks, animal charities, police and trade unions was ongoing. Ms Brown cited "confusion" over the official guidelines and how the dogs would be identified as "dangerous" if they measured under that limit.

She said no timeline was in place for a Scottish government decision, but added further consultation was required before any legislation could be put forward. She said: "Any dog attack is atrocious, but we need to have a balanced view and we will make a decision based on evidence. "I've got a dog. If I had an XL bully living next to me, and this is what I would say to everybody if you've got a rottweiler next to you or a German Shepherd next to you, and you do not feel safe, you should be getting in touch with your local authority if that dog has behavioural problems so that the dog control notice can be put in place. "But if the dog was under control and was a family member of the house next door, I wouldn't have concerns.

She told BBC Radio Scotland's Drivetime programme: "It is concerning to hear reports that the XL Bully dog is being moved to Scotland for rehoming.

"We have made it clear to the UK government that people in England and Wales should not use any loopholes that could be created to get rid of their dogs north of the border or anywhere else in the UK."

Wonder how those 'loopholes' came about, Siobhian Brown? There are no restrictions on the dog in Scotland so there aren't really any grounds to complain. 

37 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Scottish minister warns dog owners should not bring XL Bullys to Scotland despite lack of ban

Owners of American XL bully dogs have been warned against rehoming the breed in Scotland after they were banned in England and Wales. The Scottish government's community safety minister, Siobhian Brown, said it was still "weighing up evidence" on whether they should be subjected to similar constraints.

But she said the ban in England and Wales should still allow for owners violating the new rules to be "held accountable for their actions" - without having an impact in Scotland.

UK government legislation made it illegal to breed, sell, or walk the animals in public without a lead and muzzle from 31 December. However, restrictions on the animals are yet to be introduced in Scotland. She told BBC Radio Scotland's Drivetime programme: "It is concerning to hear reports that the XL Bully dog is being moved to Scotland for rehoming. "We have made it clear to the UK government that people in England and Wales should not use any loopholes that could be created to get rid of their dogs north of the border or anywhere else in the UK."

Ms Brown said consultation with victims of dog attacks, animal charities, police and trade unions was ongoing. Ms Brown cited "confusion" over the official guidelines and how the dogs would be identified as "dangerous" if they measured under that limit.

She said no timeline was in place for a Scottish government decision, but added further consultation was required before any legislation could be put forward. She said: "Any dog attack is atrocious, but we need to have a balanced view and we will make a decision based on evidence. "I've got a dog. If I had an XL bully living next to me, and this is what I would say to everybody if you've got a rottweiler next to you or a German Shepherd next to you, and you do not feel safe, you should be getting in touch with your local authority if that dog has behavioural problems so that the dog control notice can be put in place. "But if the dog was under control and was a family member of the house next door, I wouldn't have concerns.

:lol:

The fucking hypocrisy in these c***s is unreal.

As far as I’m aware (and I’m not a lawyer) the SNP spokesperson has inadvertently brought to light a serious defect in current dog legislation.

Anyone can feel “unsafe” around a particular dog and bring it to the attention of the Police.  Even if a dog is demonstrably under control them feeling unsafe is theoretically grounds to prosecute.

I own one of the breeds she mentioned which has a propensity to bark like f**k at anyone walking past our house which I think is enough grounds to complain.

If that did happen whether plod would take it any further is of course an entirely different discussion.

On 04/01/2024 at 22:29, Left Back said:

I own one of the breeds she mentioned which has a propensity to bark like f**k at anyone walking past our house which I think is enough grounds to complain.

If that did happen whether plod would take it any further is of course an entirely different discussion.

Can’t find a link as was in pre-internet days but reminds me of the guy who was in court in London for setting his dog on police who came to his door to arrest him. 

“I never set the dog on them” was his defence. “I Just said ‘look Rover, there’s a copper’ and he made his own mind up to attack them”.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Can’t find a link as was in pre-internet days but reminds me of the guy who was in court in London for setting his dog on police who came to his door to arrest him. 

“I never set the dog on them” was his defence. “I Just said ‘look Rover, there’s a copper’ and he made his own mind up to attack them”.

I have my dad's old police files. No dogs but a guy did attack the station in 1977. Doors, windows, walls. 

You know how some fo!k go "no comment" to every question? This guy answered every single word with (apologies)

Spoiler

Fucking  poofs

Very 70s. I love reading these old reports. k clue why he kept them.

I think that the Scottish Government was probably taken aback by the steps taken by allegedly loving owners in England to ditch their beloved pets and send them to Scotland as soon as the going got tough.

I'll be amazed if they aren't clamped down on here too.

On 04/01/2024 at 20:39, HibeeJibee said:

Wtf did she think would happen?