Dog Kills Man

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Gonna have to beg to differ with the comments above.

Most of the links I've clicked on, on this thread, I've been ok with.  Dunno why this one set me off but I find it particularly upsetting.  Might be the high quality of the video or the guy getting mauled or seeing a dog rolling in its death throes.

Most disappointing thing for me was the lack of prompt assistance for the lad being attacked by the copper. They're awfully quick to shot at most stuff, but that took forever. Hell, if he's worried about hitting the guy, taze the biggest damn dog at least!

Someone my wife knows posted this on Facebook (name and pic deleted). 

What the actual f**k? They are surprised that a shelter won't take a dog that's known to attack? For avoidance of doubt I don't think the child suffered a serious injury, I just can't believe someone would in all seriousness share something like that. 

IMG-20240505-WA0007.jpg

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

Someone my wife knows posted this on Facebook (name and pic deleted). 

What the actual f**k? They are surprised that a shelter won't take a dog that's known to attack? For avoidance of doubt I don't think the child suffered a serious injury, I just can't believe someone would in all seriousness share something like that. 

IMG-20240505-WA0007.jpg

Frenchies are horrible, grumpy wee dogs. I don't get the appeal of them at all.  However If it was a bite that was because small child gouged eyes of dog, then owner needs to ensure child and dog supervised at all times. As any owner with small kids and dogs should do. They'd have a better chance of rehoming if they gave context.

On 03/05/2024 at 11:45, Aaron_stampler said:

pretty shocking footage

Watching this, I was thinking "Here's another of these videos where someone sits back taking video rather than trying to help ". Then I realised it's America and they're just waiting for someone with a gun.

19 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Frenchies are horrible, grumpy wee dogs. I don't get the appeal of them at all.  However If it was a bite that was because small child gouged eyes of dog, then owner needs to ensure child and dog supervised at all times. As any owner with small kids and dogs should do. They'd have a better chance of rehoming if they gave context.

I kind of feel sorry for these. They always look like they're struggling to walk on their wee bandy legs and often make snuffling and snorting sounds like they're struggling to breathe. No wonder they're grumpy, they've been bred to be physically deformed. 

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I kind of feel sorry for these. They always look like they're struggling to walk on their wee bandy legs and often make snuffling and snorting sounds like they're struggling to breathe. No wonder they're grumpy, they've been bred to be physically deformed. 

Yup, they're poor souls, so many much Bonnier dogs out there. If you're going drop 2.5-3k on a dog get one that actually like you.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

The humane answer is to have them all put down tbh.

Consider doing so also to the humans that demand these increasingly deformed dogs continue to be bred for their aesthetic (which I really don't understand). 

21 hours ago, RH33 said:

Surely the owner just saying "they're usually really friendly" rather than actually supervising the dog or the child should suffice?

Posted (edited)

Well second time in my life I've got bit by a dog last night.  Walking my Shiba on lead and an off lead spaniel sees him, runs up to him teeth beared and starts roaring and trying to bite him. I step in front of my own dog who has gone from 0 to full on rage and the spaniel continues to try to get at my dog who is on lead and being held back by me. Angry Spaniel sinks it's teeth into the back of my leg, tearing through my jeans and bursting the skin. Spaniel's owners stare at me as if it's my fault and dogs continue to roar at each other. 

"Get your dog on a leash!" I shout.  They eventually grab it and slouch away saying nothing as they notice the blood all over the back of my jeans. Maybe they are embarrassed and just want to get away in case they think I want to call the police.  At this point I'm too angry to say anything. Fed up with arseholes who have reactive dogs that they don't keep on lead. 

Edited by AndyM

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Well second time in my life I've got bit by a dog last night.  Walking my Shiba on lead and an off lead spaniel sees him, runs up to him teeth beared and starts roaring and trying to bite him. I step in front of my own dog who has gone from 0 to full on rage and the spaniel continues to try to get at my dog who is on lead and being held back by me. Angry Spaniel sinks it's teeth into the back of my leg, tearing through my jeans and bursting the skin. Spaniel's owners stare at me as if it's my fault and dogs continue to roar at each other. 

"Get your dog on a leash!" I shout.  They eventually grab it and slouch away saying nothing as they notice the blood all over the back of my jeans. Maybe they are embarrassed and just want to get away in case they think I want to call the police.  At this point I'm too angry to say anything. Fed up with arseholes who have reactive dogs that they don't keep on lead. 

Maybe consider an ultrasonic dog repeller Andy ? (Although I'm sure you'd prefer a Taser !)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerrish-Willow-Copse-Ultrasonic-Repeller/dp/B0CLNRSKQM

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

2 hours ago, AndyM said:

We get it daily, our dog is walked on 2 leads and a muzzle, she wears the muzzle after being attacked by an off lead dog and becoming reactive. It's getting to the point I'm just going to punt the next dog that come bundling up to us off lead.

On 08/05/2024 at 09:14, ICTChris said:

Dog breeders having a normal one

13EB04EC-8861-401E-BAB8-06EFB09EE914.thumb.png.caeaf5facc2135db47cbfa4fae72760b.png

100% some reptilian DNA in that, looks very much like it's just crawled out from under a rock.

10 hours ago, Rizzo said:

100% some reptilian DNA in that, looks very much like it's just crawled out from under a rock.

Dunno if crawling was required... fekker looks as if it could chew it's way out from under a boulder!

Just think... as it approaches you, the last words you might hear are "Tyson! Tyson! Err.. he'll no' touch ye son!"