Dog Kills Man

55 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think that’s been confirmed as not a Bully XL, although I could be wrong. It was listed as a bulldog-type but not a banned dog, I guess that could mean it was a legally held XL Bully. The woman apparently had a seizure and the dog attacked her.

Malinois apparently.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Ten year old girl mauled by an XL Bully while she played in her own garden.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13660415/Schoolgirl-ten-rushed-hospital-mauled-unregistered-XL-Bully-played-garden-three-arrested-dog.html

In other XL Bully news, a man has been charged in relation to the dog attack death of Ian Price in 2023.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ced3e4k8y3vo

She wasn't in her own garden, she was in a neighbour's garden.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Evil looking brutes.

File:Belgian Malinois 01.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

They are Belgian shepherds, essentially, but have one hell of a work ethic / energy levels. The preferred breed for many US police depts.

Not the sort of dog you keep in a 2-bed semi with a garden the size of a tea towel.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2835798/khon-kaen-man-bitten-to-death-by-american-bully-dogs

Not to worry all is good.

Local leader Suthirak Duangtanoi on Thursday went to the couple’s house to ask about the incident. He told them to put up warning signs in front of the house to make other people aware that there were potentially dangerous dogs inside.

The woman said her dogs had never attacked people before and she had raised them in the compound of her house. She said she would hold talks with family of the deceased about funeral expenses

Edited by SlipperyP

On 06/06/2024 at 16:55, ICTChris said:

I was waiting to pick my wife up from her work yesterday. She’s a teacher and we had a few minutes to pass before she was finished so my son and I went and kicked a ball about in the school grounds. The public can walk through the school, you get quite a few dog walkers etc. ‘My boy was running to get the ball when a couple walked up with the probably the biggest XL Bully I’ve ever seen, slobbering and tugging at the lead. It was muzzled but the muzzle was loose and slipped off every time it moved. I made sure my boy didn’t go anywhere near it and we stopped playing football while it was there. What made it worse is that the couple in charge of it were absolutely reeking if weed, you could smell them before you saw them. So while stoned they decide to walk their land shark, across a school ground. Perfect.

That slobbering is probably because the dog is stoned out it's nut. You and your wee boy would be fine as long as you weren't wearing jackets made of hot dogs. 

On 23/07/2024 at 09:37, Florentine_Pogen said:

Malinois apparently.

Watched a YouTube video about this breed.  The dog was running 15 feet up a near vertical stone wallbefore leaping backwards to grab a suspended toy.    Powerful, intelligent and ridiculously agile........but they like biting things and are incredibly destructive when bored .

Need a lot of interaction and massive amounts of exercising 7 days a week.  Huge commitment.  

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Well it's been a couple of weeks, I suppose..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cdrlkn8m35no

“We will have extra officers out and about in the area carrying out enquiries"

I will save them the time and money.

Stupid man bought stupid dog.

Stupid dog ate stupid man.

There's something on Channel 4 at 10 tonight called "Save My XL Bully: Death Row Dogs"

It promises "a colourful cast of owners battl[ing] to save the lives of their beloved dogs"

I'm sure it'll be an experience.