Scottish League Cup - Group F

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Don’t think that’s correct. Raith currently on 6 points. A win in 90 minutes puts them on 9 points. Even a win on penalties puts them on same 8 points as QOS but with a better goal difference. A win for Aberdeen in 90 or on pens would put QOS through. 

You're right, I missed that configuration.

Aberdeen get a win or a bonus point and QotS are through.

A Raith win by two goals means they top the group but doesn't affect anything else.

48 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Do Aberdeen not need to win game to win group as Raith would go to 9 points

I think Aberdeen would go through instead of Queens even if they lost heavily to Rovers - they already have 9 pts against our 8.  We really need Aberdeen to either win in 90 mins or win on penalties for us to finish ahead of Rovers.  A draw and losing on penalties would leave Rovers on 7 pts.  So it needs to be either a win for the Dons or a draw with a penalty win for the Dons for Queens to progress.

Hope I've got this right ... 🤔

Basically on Tuesday night we needed to win by at least same score as St Johnstone and get 5 snookers to go through.

On Wednesday Hibs hibsed it.

Today Arbroath won as they should while Dunfermline Hibsed it also and QP and Accies drew as we needed. If Queens Park won the shoot out their GD would have been too good for us. We now just need Aberdeen to do whst the should but in this season of bizarre results it would be no surprise if there is another twist. Fingers crossed.

So it suddenly looks likely QotS sneak through to the 2nd round as Dunfermline & Queen's Park blew their chances via penalties, and Raith will likely lose to Aberdeen tomorrow.

And it could've been the Saintees, had they just scored just a couple more goals. Shame.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well they would be, if Accies had 9. They dont, they've got 8.

Yea, we’ll that’s what I get for relying on the BBC update…my bad…but I ain’t paying again!

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Basically on Tuesday night we needed to win by at least same score as St Johnstone and get 5 snookers to go through.

On Wednesday Hibs hibsed it.

Today Arbroath won as they should while Dunfermline Hibsed it also and QP and Accies drew as we needed. If Queens Park won the shoot out their GD would have been too good for us. We now just need Aberdeen to do whst the should but in this season of bizarre results it would be no surprise if there is another twist. Fingers crossed.

Better do the toes too!

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So it suddenly looks likely QotS sneak through to the 2nd round as Dunfermline & Queen's Park blew their chances via penalties, and Raith will likely lose to Aberdeen tomorrow.

And it could've been the Saintees, had they just scored just a couple more goals. Shame.

Or losing two late goals at Elgin due to the manager changing things when ahead rather than not changing things when behind!

On 17/07/2022 at 13:13, Radford said:

Aim for St Johnstone now has to be to finish in a position where, if Ayr beat Annan, they can win the group. That means two wins and goals. If Callum Davidson is still the manager for these two games then nothing else is acceptable. If Annan get the point they need then so be it but at least it's something to salvage from this shit show.

Appalling standards on Tuesday night when coasting and then today, it's either a lack of urgency or a lack of awareness.

Not acceptable. 

Davidson out.

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

We need Aberdeen to win as if Raith win or win on pens they will go through as have better goal difference 

Amazed we still have a chance but it is a stick on a Raith draw and they win on pens Aberdeen nothing to play for .

All the last games in the groups should be played on the same day and time not right Raith know what they have to do to qualify .

47 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

All the last games in the groups should be played on the same day and time not right Raith know what they have to do to qualify .

It is annoying me that it's not all settled today.  Raith do seem to have an advantage in knowing exactly what's required.

I suppose the argument against that is that not all other clubs concluded their group games today either.  A fifth of them finished this bit of the campaign in midweek.  It still seems anomalous though, that one game gets to sit outside of them all at the end in this way.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Amazed we still have a chance but it is a stick on a Raith draw and they win on pens Aberdeen nothing to play for .

Sheep not wanting to avoid the Erse Cheeks in the last sixteen, then? Settle for a payday in Glesga?

Raith are 6-1 to win in 90 minutes.

Draw is 10-3. So Raith to win on pens will be close to 8-1. Good price for a stick on.🤑

Guest Flash

Amazed that we still have a chance. I thought we were out after Ayr didn’t win on Tuesday.
Slightly irritating that we’d be through already if they had held on to beat St.Johnstone.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Aberdeen  need to win to be a seeded team next round, that should give them something to play for.