EPL 2022/23

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Charlie Nicolas and Andy Gray played in that game 

Folk in the comments discussing the equivalent stat for Fergie (Allshit Fergpisscum of Manchester United) but no one gave the stat. Dependent on when the last time De Gea missed a match once he became the last Fergie signing....  

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk in the comments discussing the equivalent stat for Fergie (Allshit Fergpisscum of Manchester United) but no one gave the stat. Dependent on when the last time De Gea missed a match once he became the last Fergie signing....  

De Gea's been out of the side a few times in recent years. Henderson played quite a lot in the Covid season so I'd imagine around then. 

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I think vs Chelsea in the EPL Cup. October 30th 2019. this was the starting line up

22(G)S Romero

2(D)V Lindelof (66)

5(D)H Maguire

16(D)M Rojo

29(D)A Wan-Bissaka

53(D)B Williams

10(M)M Rashford (80)

14(M)J Lingard (67)

17(M)Fred

39(M)S McTominay

21(F)D James

DeGea missed a fair few games but Carrick, Pogba, Ashley Young and Phil Jones were still carrying the Fergie torch. Lingard made the bench under Fergie but never got on the park under Ferguson.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think vs Chelsea in the EPL Cup. October 30th 2019. this was the starting line up

22(G)S Romero

2(D)V Lindelof (66)

5(D)H Maguire

16(D)M Rojo

29(D)A Wan-Bissaka

53(D)B Williams

10(M)M Rashford (80)

14(M)J Lingard (67)

17(M)Fred

39(M)S McTominay

21(F)D James

DeGea missed a fair few games but Carrick, Pogba, Ashley Young and Phil Jones were still carrying the Fergie torch. Lingard made the bench under Fergie but never got on the park under Ferguson.

And at the front end..... Again only.going by the twitter comments but someone had it as far back as the late 70s 

44 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

22(G)S Romero

2(D)V Lindelof (66)

5(D)H Maguire

16(D)M Rojo

29(D)A Wan-Bissaka

53(D)B Williams

10(M)M Rashford (80)

14(M)J Lingard (67)

17(M)Fred

39(M)S McTominay

21(F)D James

I agree with this. Pogba obviously left and came back again, and there was at least one game where it was only him, but under the criteria laid out he still played competitively under Ferguson.

I'll try to have a dig around later to find out the last pre-Ferguson game.

Neville saying a couple of minutes ago that Anfield has a "knowledgeable crowd". This makes me ponder: Who has the most knowledgeable fans in football? Also, does this suggest the existence of an ignorant crowd? If so, who?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

United can't be happy to be going in a goal down. Looked the more dangerous from when I tuned in.

(I was a bit late, so I'm not even sure if IT'S LIVE!!!! or not)

Liverpool looked the most likely the first 15-20 minutes but from then until the goal United have been well on top.