EPL 2022/23

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63124826

"So, if he can just work on those basic [defensive] things and get consistency, we won't just have one of the best attacking right-backs this country has ever produced, we will probably have the best right-back the world has ever produced."
I like Gary Neville but that has to be some of the most hyperbolic nonsense that has ever been written.
I know the English overhyping their players isn't exactly a new thing, but there is generally at least a bit of basis to their argument.  The fawning over "Trent" is on a new level to anything I've seen before, and is hugely out of proportion to his actual ability.  It's almost as if they made these wild claims about him when he was breaking through, and are willing it to be true by doubling down on them now despite there being no evidence to support the claims.
None of it makes any sense to me and I actually feel sorry for him.
Yeah, upping the hyperbole in response to him being found wanting in a major part of his core duties is an odd one.

At this moment in time, he's maybe Englands third choice RB. Depending if he gets in ahead of Trippier. Walker and James both play ahead of him minimum, and these clowns are talking about him being the best RB to ever play the game. Give me strength.

Just texted some of these posts over to Jurgen. He said that he didn't realise that the right-back who's majorly contributed to him winning everything is actually shite and he'll be dropping him immediately.

51 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's like Tavernier, in the sense that he should be a right winger rather than a right back.  As both can't defend for toffee.

It's a pity they aren't going to be directly up against each other tonight. 

You are right though. It's nonsensical to call him potentially the best right back in history if he learns to defend. He can't defend and as such he shouldn't even be classed as a defender.

That's up there with Lineker doubling down on Rashford being better than Mbappe.

There's a reason Neville was a colossal failure as a coach, he doesn't know shit, he only looks good to people because of the dire state of pundits in this country.

Klopp knows better than anyone what a liability Trent is defensively.

On 04/10/2022 at 15:26, accies1874 said:

Just texted some of these posts over to Jurgen. He said that he didn't realise that the right-back who's majorly contributed to him winning everything is actually shite and he'll be dropping him immediately.

You can carry him defensively when things are going well.

They don't have the players available to hide his faults at the moment. It's been coming for a long time.

On 07/10/2022 at 09:30, CambieBud said:

Being reported this morning that Haaland is earning £900000 per week, with bonuses and performance rewards. That is truly ridiculous and shows that English football is heading for an inevitable financial meltdown 

How long have some people been saying that?