EPL 2022/23

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Just seen Grealish's latest outrageous antics. It's absolutely beyond me how the officials can let this go, but even if it's missed at the time this should result in a 10-match ban. Otherwise the message is that this is fine and players are encouraged to continue trying to con the ref without fear of punishment.

Whats worse is VAR looks at that and still decides its a penalty

Any "ideal time for Everton to beat Liverpool" chat was put to rest when Liverpool's u23s rocked up and swept aside a full-strength, Ancelotti-led side in 2020. 

Also, no side has ever won a big game when playing a youth player as a lone striker. 

Edited by accies1874

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

There’s some idiot in the replies admitting that Grealish caused the contact but claiming it’s still a penalty because of the contact.

I bet he also comes out with shite like “the attacker was entitled to go down!”

Someone should just break his legs

6 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Just seen Grealish's latest outrageous antics. It's absolutely beyond me how the officials can let this go, but even if it's missed at the time this should result in a 10-match ban. Otherwise the message is that this is fine and players are encouraged to continue trying to con the ref without fear of punishment.

The diving should and could have been stamped out in the Klinsmann era

It's changed the entire sport

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

How is Pickford a goalkeeper at this level never mind first choice for England? Good counter attack by Liverpool but he's absolutely nowhere. 

Rushing out to shout at his defence for conceding before the ball hits the net. Its that forward thinking that makes him a key player obvs

There's almost no matching this level of intensity when Liverpool are on it, so that's pretty fucking worrying for an Everton side who need to... match their level of intensity. Liverpool have been sloppy enough to think there might be a sliver of a chance though. 

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Robertson's hard work made that goal.

How bad must Everton be to have conceded two goals against this Liverpool team?

It doesn't matter which Liverpool team it is, they'll always do this against Everton at Anfield. They've just got special powers.

8 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Thats outrageous.......one of the most blatant dives I have ever seen.....did this go to VAR (assuming not or it wouldnt have been given)

In his chronic desperation to come across as some kind of character, Pickford has a habit of getting up and playing the ball as soon as possible when he recovers it after an attack. When the ball gets turned over, it often leaves Everton looking a complete mess and I wouldn't be surprised if they've lost a fair chunk of their goals from it this season. It threatens to undermine the good work that Dyche otherwise seems to be doing with the team's shape.