Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid

Lex

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Benzema was offside twice, at the initial pass & when the shot was taken.

To say that he's suddenly onside, with only one player between him & the goal line, due to a deflection is just bullshit nonsense.

As somebody that watches Falkirk, I can sympathise with Liverpool's comic defending, in that instance.

Wrong wrong and wrong. 

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

The ref must've counted what was surely a block tackle by Konate on Valverde as actually an unintended deflection on a Valverde shot followed by a second unintended deflection on that Valverde "shot" by Fabinho.

That is such an enormous stretch to view it that way.

Yep, looks like it.  The touch from Valverde - I can barely see a touch from him but there has to be a touch from the attacker, surely, otherwise there can't be an offside offence - doesn't have to be going toward Benzema for it to make Benzema offside.  

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Has the commentator on BT forgot that Aberdeen are the last team to beat Real in a European final? 

I thought that, but he did say European Cup/Champions League. 

Wee bit of credit to the Scottish team wouldn't have gone amiss though.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If Benzema hadn't been there and it had gone for a corner, it would have been a good tackle.

If there has been 2 players between him & the line he'd have been fine,

Stick Gareth Bale on now for LOLz.

Just checked the subs and see that Eden Hazard is there too - completely forgotten about him, used to tear up the EPL in the manner of his compatriot de Bruyne.

The word 'deliberate' is so fucking stupid and has no place in the laws of the game. It implies mind-reading skills that consistently muddy the waters in any handball and offside debate.

It should be interpreted (and rewritten in a much more coherent form) as 'if the ball didn't just batter off you at 100mph from a yard away, then it counts as an attempt to play the ball.' 

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the forward has to receive the ball directly from an opponent deliberately playing it. Not from an opponent deliberately playing it which then bounces off a team-mate.

“A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.”

Does a sliding block fall under the umbrealla of a "deliberate save"

I'm leaning towards no, else it would have been Walton's go-to explanation.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

And picks up an injury forcing him to withdraw from the international squad 

Fingers crossed Andy Robertson flies in chest high regardless of whether Bale is subbed on or not

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the forward has to receive the ball directly from an opponent deliberately playing it. Not from an opponent deliberately playing it which then bounces off a team-mate.

“A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.”

Nope.  In this instance that would be the Liverpool player playing the ball to a team mate.  Can’t possibly be offside in that situation.

Basically as soon as a Liverpool player deliberately plays the ball all the Madrid players are deemed onside.