There was a coo

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

You should always have the ambition to get as high up the leagues as you can.

Of course but that's dictated by capability which is typically decided by money. 

I've enjoyed this season a lot better than getting beat 3-0 in the championship every week and then plummeting down the leagues.

Would be nice to one day be in the Seaside League again but a bit of entertainment in the LL isn't too bad. 

There's been some good games this season. 

On 17/12/2023 at 11:26, Cowdenleith said:

Cowdenbeath were transparent in their views (unlike most teams), got a lot of stick, so perhaps they will play things close to their chest this time, no idea.

Transparent? 

Sorry, I can't agree with that. We are all still waiting for an answer from last season. As for this season, I hope it's worth it... 

12 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Transparent? 

Sorry, I can't agree with that. We are all still waiting for an answer from last season. As for this season, I hope it's worth it... 

Got to protect their league cup place, hope they enjoy their money.

Edited by To B or not B

On 17/12/2023 at 11:16, To B or not B said:

I haven’t started any thread my friend??? I have joined to forum to talk about this, as I believe that this is a big decision for clubs, you are talking about 2/3 more years of this. I am also trying to gauge individual club decisions, hence the reason for putting it in here. 👍🏻

Cowdenbeath fans will regularly get angry and deflect about the fact that their club are the biggest B team fanboys out there.

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Transparent? 

Absolutely they were, whether you agreed with their reasoning that’s another matter.

Anyway, I am not getting involved with it this year. Personally I would have voted to get rid of the B teams, but I’m not going to lose my shit over it.

I did a quick count and there are 457 more important things in my life and the world than B teams, so once I’ve got to them, I’ll think about the B teams. 

13 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Not sure I agree with the use of 'never'. Granted it would be ideal to have an increase of funds from somewhere but there's nothing to say that we need to break the bank in order to put a team on the park that could potentially win this league. Prudent spending on willing, decent players. We have a manager I feel knows what he's doing and a decent guy at that who cares about what he does.

Also that chat about it not being bad being in the Lowland League can get in the bin. The only plus side is the 2 games versus teams in the league. However give me the monotony of 4 games versus teams, entry to the next round of Scottish cup and entry into the league cup over this any day. We are where on merit (or rather, lack of) but the goal MUST be to get back up without doing a Berwick.

Spot on.

On 18/04/2023 at 23:16, therewasacoo said:

They also said the club were against the b teams like they were in the past but this predicament put them in a position where they had their hands tied and was the only option that wouldn’t cause chaos for next season

On 18/04/2023 at 23:30, Cowden95 said:

voting to keep the B teams gives lowland league clubs another year to work this out. From the way the board spoke tonight they definitely aren’t fans of the B sides. 

On 19/04/2023 at 07:54, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t want to prolong  the general gnashing of teeth by a couple of folk in this thread, hopefully that can be kept for the B team thread.

However, I am willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt. Only time will tell if the proposed conference league will take place for 24/25 as has been suggested.   It appears to have been made clear that the SFA were not willing to have nowhere for the B teams to play in 23/24, and would have forced the conference to start immediately if the vote went against the B teams.

Believe that or not, but I am willing to accept the opinion of experienced administrators that work on behalf of Cowdenbeath rather than some internet randoms.

To avoid doubt though, I would rather not have B teams in the LL, the club would rather not have B teams in the LL.

On 20/04/2023 at 07:52, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again, I’ll trust the judgement of a board who are very experienced in dealings with the SFA and SPFL, more so than any other club in the LL, against a bunch of internet weirdos piling on us.

I don’t want them in the league, most Cowden fans don’t want them, and I don’t believe the board want them in either.

Any updates on this?

Would be good to hear from someone on the board to confirm which way we voted and most importantly why.  If we did vote for B teams for another two seasons I'd be interested in knowing how we've went from 'no to b teams', to 'ah but the conference' to 'b teams, a great bunch of lads'.

Were the CISS or similar canvased for any opinion?

Edited by UsedToGoToCentralPark

Just a wee heads up for those of you who are coming to Cliftonhill on Saturday.

The club assisted by the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust will be running a bar for the games v Cowdenbeath and East Kilbride on the 23rd and 30th of December respectively.

There will be one turnstile open from 12.30 (3pm k-o) to allow those wishing to partake in a pre match beverage.

Entry to the lounge will be via the door in the main stand adjacent to the pitch. The bar will be open from 12.30 until 14.45.

Prices will be as follows:

Selection of canned beers and lagers £2.50
Wines by 125ml glass £2.50
Selection of 25ml spirits £2.50

The bar will open to those aged 18 and over to both home and away fans alike. In line with current legislation, no alcohol will be permitted to be consumed in view of the pitch.

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

Just a wee heads up for those of you who are coming to Cliftonhill on Saturday.

The club assisted by the Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust will be running a bar for the games v Cowdenbeath and East Kilbride on the 23rd and 30th of December respectively.

There will be one turnstile open from 12.30 (3pm k-o) to allow those wishing to partake in a pre match beverage.

Entry to the lounge will be via the door in the main stand adjacent to the pitch. The bar will be open from 12.30 until 14.45.

Prices will be as follows:

Selection of canned beers and lagers £2.50
Wines by 125ml glass £2.50
Selection of 25ml spirits £2.50

The bar will open to those aged 18 and over to both home and away fans alike. In line with current legislation, no alcohol will be permitted to be consumed in view of the pitch.

Would that be tonic wine 🥴

8 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Would be good to hear from someone on the board to confirm which way we voted and most importantly why.  If we did vote for B teams for another two seasons I'd be interested in knowing how we've went from 'no to b teams', to 'ah but the conference' to 'b teams, a great bunch of lads'.

Were the CISS or similar canvased for any opinion?

Maybe Celtic will throw them 2 shirts to auction off this season, along with the all important chance to watch their big teams at Central Park

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Jesus mate, posts from 8 months ago 🤣🤣🤣

But in answer to your question, you would have to ask the club about which way they voted this time and why. Do share if you get a response.

Is @Cowden Cowboy not your club secretary? He was very vocal last time about how open and honest your board were with regards to the last vote where you bent over and sooked the B team boaby. Of course being open and honest just showed the board up for looking like utter morons with regards to the conference vote so maybe that's why they've been so quiet this time. 

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought the Conference was more your thing?

I thought the Conference was dead. If not, I don't think Clachnacuddin would be invited. Which part of the Pyramid will they they be relegated to ? Just asking !

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever

55 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I thought the Conference was dead. If not, I don't think Clachnacuddin would be invited. Which part of the Pyramid will they they be relegated to ? Just asking !

They would be relegated to the North Caledonian League.