There was a coo

Watching back the highlights it’s made me realise that it’s going to be over 3 months until the next competitive match at Central Park.

Ok, the match wasn’t a classic and was certainly not helped by the wind, and our home form has been hugely frustrating,  but I am going to really miss our Saturday trips across the bridge, spot of lunch if we are not rushing too much. On the way home always go the Hill of Beath/Crossgates way and give a wee tip of the cap to Jim Baxter’s statue as we drive past, even though I have no affiliation with this old club whatsoever, just think it’s a superb statue. Am I rambling? Yes.

Not sure if anyone else is going to miss it, but I will, so there. 😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I'll be glad to see the back of this season, promised so much at the start.

The team has underperformed no doubt. However will probably be a 5 place improvement and I think 10 points more at this point. 
Same again next season would be big step forward. Wont be easy as a few Clubs will continue to outspend us.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

The team has underperformed no doubt. However will probably be a 5 place improvement and I think 10 points more at this point. 
Same again next season would be big step forward. Wont be easy as a few Clubs will continue to outspend us.

No parachute or league Cup cash, going to be a tough one, just need to hope we get players who just click with each other and a manager who can make it happen. Hopefully EK go up to balance the league a bit more. 

We are not a kick in the arse off 7th (which is really 5th if discount the b teams), can’t make it now of course, but for all those cheap points thrown away we could have been.    And that would have seemed like real progress.

4 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

No parachute or league Cup cash, going to be a tough one, just need to hope we get players who just click with each other and a manager who can make it happen. Hopefully EK go up to balance the league a bit more. 

Any chance we squirrelled away the league cup cash to spend in 24/25, as that would not have been in any budgetary projections heading into 23/24 as only got the invite last minute?

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Any chance we squirrelled away the league cup cash to spend in 24/25, as that would not have been in any budgetary projections heading into 23/24 as only got the invite last minute?

No

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

We are not a kick in the arse off 7th (which is really 5th if discount the b teams), can’t make it now of course, but for all those cheap points thrown away we could have been.    And that would have seemed like real progress.

From what I saw in the games against Hearts B, Cowden have the basis of a very decent team.  Haven't seen you against anyone else but if you can find consistency then you'll be top 6 (inc B teams) next season.

Has it been confirmed Zac is leaving us? Very disappointed if so. A potential match winner at this level unless played out of position...

This season HAS been far better than last season for me (which wasn't hard in fairness). We've had some excellent performances over the course although far too many times not leaving with the amount of points we really should have gained. Had we held on to those multiple leads particularly in the first half of the season, we'd have had some excellent momentum to carry with us and naturally we'd be closer to the summit of the league table. Unfortunately we became far too predictable in that we'd lose extremely soft goals, a lot of the time from simple crosses. Infuriating really.

Personal favourite matches have been the two home games V Linlithgow and the Hearts B away game. Also really enjoyed Kilwinning away in spite of the game not being great. On the flip side, the Berwick games a few weeks ago is genuinely one of my worst experiences watching Cowden even compared the Bonyrigg games. I love the guy, but seeing an ancient Dougie Hill bounce up the park late in the game through our midfield made my eyes bleed for about the 12th time that day.

I know it's a bit of if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle, but with that momentum and a higher points tally going into the final stages of the season, I think Calum may well still have been at the club due to still having a bit of enthusiasm for next season. Just look at the start he's made in his new job.

I know it's only til the end of the season but I see no reason why Stevie Crawford wouldn't want to be the gaffer next season too. A bit of continuity would be good rather than starting afresh again. He's hugely experienced and a decent guy to boot. I'd be happy with him at the helm.

f**k me it's an experience being a Blue Brazilian.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Has it been confirmed Zac is leaving us? Very disappointed if so. A potential match winner at this level unless played out of position...

This season HAS been far better than last season for me (which wasn't hard in fairness). We've had some excellent performances over the course although far too many times not leaving with the amount of points we really should have gained. Had we held on to those multiple leads particularly in the first half of the season, we'd have had some excellent momentum to carry with us and naturally we'd be closer to the summit of the league table. Unfortunately we became far too predictable in that we'd lose extremely soft goals, a lot of the time from simple crosses. Infuriating really.

Personal favourite matches have been the two home games V Linlithgow and the Hearts B away game. Also really enjoyed Kilwinning away in spite of the game not being great. On the flip side, the Berwick games a few weeks ago is genuinely one of my worst experiences watching Cowden even compared the Bonyrigg games. I love the guy, but seeing an ancient Dougie Hill bounce up the park late in the game through our midfield made my eyes bleed for about the 12th time that day.

I know it's a bit of if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle, but with that momentum and a higher points tally going into the final stages of the season, I think Calum may well still have been at the club due to still having a bit of enthusiasm for next season. Just look at the start he's made in his new job.

I know it's only til the end of the season but I see no reason why Stevie Crawford wouldn't want to be the gaffer next season too. A bit of continuity would be good rather than starting afresh again. He's hugely experienced and a decent guy to boot. I'd be happy with him at the helm.

He’s starting his own academy similar to what Joe Cardle has done so he’s not applied for the job unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

From what I saw in the games against Hearts B, Cowden have the basis of a very decent team.  Haven't seen you against anyone else but if you can find consistency then you'll be top 6 (inc B teams) next season.

The team were on fire that night at Ainslie Park, especially the first half, could have been 3 or 4 ahead but for some great goalkeeping by the Hearts lad Liam McFarlane.

I don’t get to all the games, but that game was the best I saw them play this season, plus a couple of the Viaplay matches they did very well against higher opposition at the start of the season.

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Need to improve the home record too much draws.

The chap that presented the Andy Forbes trophy was his son of the same name, is that right? I was struggling to hear when he was introduced.

Think I heard it said that he was a goalie and coach in his time, I take it that is the same person mentioned in the Jubilee Athletic article in Saturday’s programme?

Edited by Cowdenleith

13 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The chap that presented the Andy Forbes trophy was his son of the same name, is that right? I was struggling to hear when he was introduced.

Think I heard it said that he was a goalie and coach in his time, I take it that is the same person mentioned in the Jubilee Athletic article in Saturday’s programme?

Yes that was Andy junior he was a coach with us and Kelty, his son also played for our 20s. He played for quite a few Fife clubs sure it would have been him @Cowden Cowboy can confirm as he wrote the article!

Edited by cowdenbeath

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yes indeed

On 15/04/2024 at 10:14, CowdenLoyal said:

nope it’s not been confirmed that zacs away! all speculation currently 

36 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cooden said:

Hope that's correct. Out best player couldn't believe the story about him signing for Berwick.

yes i agree cowdens best player this season. wouldn’t be surprised if teams from higher leagues come in for him though. Don’t see him staying in the lowland league, too much talent in my opinion