There was a coo

26 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Mixu played 4 -3-3 with creative attacking midfielders (Dougie Hill  ?), with a  Goalkeeper  who dominated the back area (Davy Hay) and a centre half who took no prisoners (Innes Ritchie).

Aye, but no one got in a sweat when we lost a goal because we had players who could score which hasn't been the case recently,

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm hopeful that Dougie has a similar mindset to Mixu when he was our manager and that you start with a strong defence to support some fluid attacking. 

I normally put together a list of all the players and positions at this time of the year but I'm so out of the loop I wonder if anybody else can pull something together? 

Very vaguely this is what positions the squad is at. Naturally Dougie may prefer certain players in certain positions depending on formations etc etc.

GK - Josh Blair, Greg Macpherson RB/RWB, Jack Denham CB, Paul Mclean CB/RB, Gregor Jordan CB, Ethan Kerr LCB/LB, Aaron Dunsmore RWB/RM/RW. Robbie Mcnab CM/CB, Dougie Hill CB, Matthew Mcdonald CM/CAM/LM/RM, Aiden Mclauglin CM, Jamie Docherty LW/CAM/RW/CF, Daryl Healy CF/LW, Ewan Macpherson CF/LW/RW.

More news to come on at least 1 new signing hopefully this weekend/next week. I think Dougie in the paper/fife times has already said there will be a couple of loans to come in also but they are likely to be well into July so we are working on those already to try ensure we get them sorted for before season starts. I will do a podcast with Aaron Dougan and Michael soon to give a full update on all so best to catch it on a new episode.

We will play Cowden again in a closed door game 6th July 2pm KO Ochilview.

Won't be announced by either side I'd assume as behind closed door but like last year won't be an issue with punters turning up and watching the game.

20 hours ago, Neilly said:

We will play Cowden again in a closed door game 6th July 2pm KO Ochilview.

Won't be announced by either side I'd assume as behind closed door but like last year won't be an issue with punters turning up and watching the game.

There was quite a crowd for it being closed door last season😀 windy as f**k if I remember.

Posted (edited)

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Very nice !

image.png.ee73ad2089c89bd17f839f65d587125f.png

Edited by ronaldincoo

On 02/06/2024 at 20:31, The Minertaur said:

Fully agree. Hopefully we're looking at a new man for left back. Keeper worries me. Surely we can't get another excellent loan?

👀

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I notice Central Park has a bronze licence and other slums in the Lowland League (ooh, let's say Shielfield for example) don't. 

As long as a ground has cover for 500 that’s about it for the fans experience I believe, the rest is down to size of changing rooms, medical rooms, showers, floodlights etc and Central Park is more than adequate in that regard.

A lot of work was done to meet Championship standard back in the glory days !

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I notice Central Park has a bronze licence and other slums in the Lowland League (ooh, let's say Shielfield for example) don't. 

Berwicks decision to not go for bronze is purely financial. Only thing we would require to go bronze is a Dr.

49 minutes ago, JCScouting said:

Berwicks decision to not go for bronze is purely financial. Only thing we would require to go bronze is a Dr.

That isn’t correct - Berwick are entry in all 3 categories so more than just Dr. required

5 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That isn’t correct - Berwick are entry in all 3 categories so more than just Dr. required

Yes they are entry in all 3 categories but it was said we wasn't pushing for Bronze even though its achievable due to the financial gain being minimal (I believe 14k is awarded for Bronze, 7k is awarded for entry). The main struggle is a Dr due to location. We can barely get a Dr at the hospital in Berwick on the weekends never mind Shielfield. Would think with us and Cowdenbeath being ex SPFL teams aren't too dissimilar ground/team wise.

6 hours ago, JCScouting said:

Yes they are entry in all 3 categories but it was said we wasn't pushing for Bronze even though its achievable due to the financial gain being minimal (I believe 14k is awarded for Bronze, 7k is awarded for entry). The main struggle is a Dr due to location. We can barely get a Dr at the hospital in Berwick on the weekends never mind Shielfield. Would think with us and Cowdenbeath being ex SPFL teams aren't too dissimilar ground/team wise.

Kelty struggled to get a doctor too and Cove's doctor died on them! 

I do know a locum with a camper van though who might fancy the odd weekend in Berwick..