The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Seems fair enough. Giving the QPΒ  people who've shelled out already the chance to buy another ticket is ok.Β  Making the best of what is a shitey situation.

All I need to do is find a pal.....

Hiya pal πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

8 hours ago, David kaye said:

Unfair 58 yrs a fan been at most games no sale of ticketsΒ  shambles

It's to stop the general sale just going to Dundee fans, if you contacted the club I'm sure they'd be able to sort you out.Β 

Firstly, I am delighted that the club is making an effort to ensure that Dundee don't get an advantage by having more fans in the ground than us.

However, it does seem crazy that non members/ST holders that have been traveling home and away all season may not be able to attend. That has potential to really reduce our own support.

The deadline for members/ST holders to apply for additional tickets is this Friday, a whole week before the game, and before we know what exactly is at stake following this weekends results.

I can only hope that the early deadline is so that there will then be an opportunity for non members/ST holders to apply for tickets early next week once they know how many tickets are still available. Obviously there will need to be a system in place to make sure it's only QP fans buying them, but surley the club have a record of the email addresses used to buy individual match tickets for the home end throughout the season.

I could see the sense in it if that's the plan, but the club should lay that out at this stage so that people are aware of it.

I'd also be happy, once all regulars have been given a chance to buy tickets, for us to give tickets to all the youth and community teams and/or local schools again to give us as big a home support as possible.

In other news,Β  Liam Brown is apparantly a target for East Kilbride. I'd hoped he'd have been able to play a bigger part in our season but obviously that didn't happen for a few different reasons.

However, surley he can do better that the Lowland League.

Club should have a record of ticket purchases. If there’s someone who’s been to a good number of games, and doesn’t know anyone with a season ticket, I’d contact the them and explain the situation. I highly doubt they’re desperate to lock QP fans out of the game.Β 

I think they’ve got this one right. If it’s not handled as stringently as possible, we’re quite simply going to end up with a tonne of away fans in the home end.

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Pretty sensible. If we can have more people supporting QP there, then we should do that. If we don’t win on Saturday, they’ll probably pretty much get the keys to the stadium. Would have no real issue with that if it’s a dead rubber.Β 

Can it be a dead rubber though?Β  At worst you'll be fighting to hold on to 2nd place and an easier play-off route.Β Β 

15 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Latest post from QP essentially saying there is no public sale of β€œhome end” tickets but doesn’t suggest anything different from normal going on with the terracing

So unclear what Dundee meant by β€œvery limited” in their statement

In fairness, Ochilview is "very limited" for a Dundee away support for a game of this magnitude, just over an hour away - we could comfortably sell out the full stadium ourselves.

Certainly don't have any issue with QP not wanting Dundee to take over the ground as in similar circumstances I'd feel the same about Dundee v the OF, but given the numbers attending our last match like this were severely limited by Covid (and non-existent at the 2nd leg), it's not unreasonable for us to be disappointed that this crowd will also likely be tiny.Β  Maybe preaching to the choir a little but big games don't tend to come around for Dundee very often so while it might be normal for OF fans, to almost certainly miss out as a lifelong season ticket holder at what is, lets face it, just a very large diddy club, is a little frustrating.

Anyway, how many members/season tickets do QP have?

Just now, hk blues said:

Can it be a dead rubber though?Β  At worst you'll be fighting to hold on to 2nd place and an easier play-off route.Β Β 

Dead rubber probably the wrong way to describe it, but easier playoff route is not going to get the pulse racing when it looked like it might end up being a title shootout.Β 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not officially but it'll effectively be one if (a big IF) we beat Cove, Partick don't beat Arbroath, Ayr don't beat Raith and QP don't beat Morton - a loss or draw v Morton would then leave them 3 behind/ahead of us/Inverness with a big goal swing needed both ways.

Edited by stu2910

Settle down. It took them a while but the club are finally getting it that the fans are important. So let’s just look at what has been said without interpretation or oversight. Here’s the statement:-

Our final cinch Championship Match of the Season will see Dundee visit Ochilview on Friday, May 5 and Queen’s Park Football Club would advise that there will be NO public sale of tickets for the game.Β 

Queen’s Park fans will be situated in the Main Stand and entry is of course valid for all Members and Season Ticket Holders. Whilst there is no public sale the club is pleased to advise that all Members and Season Ticket Holders have the option of purchasing one further ticket for a Queen’s Park supporting family member or friend subject to availability.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

Ochilview capacity is 3,746 including 626 seats in the stand which is on the south elevation. The north elevation is out of bounds. The west Β terrace is the bigger one Β and the east terrace, not used this season, is flat but still part of the capacity (think Montrose).

As an86 rightly points out, any public sale would have been swamped by Dundee fans. A year ago last weekend they played St Johnstone at Dens and drew a crowd of almost 8000 so the prospect of overwhelming the west terrace with a noisy support is a certainty, and also likely for some infiltration of the QP stand. As I recall this already happened with an Ayr fan early in the season and many will remember the trouble at Hampden when Rangers fans took up seats in the South stand.Β 

With regard to fans losing out, despite my many criticisms of the administration of the club this season not for a second would I believe that anyone involved is deliberately restricting bona fide QP fans to attend this critical game. Firstly, all members and season ticket holders can apply for an additional ticket. If that is taken up then the stand will be nearly full in itself. Notably, a time limit of this Friday has been set for that. Once that demand has been satisfied the club can then make a decision on what to do about the the remaining 3,000 or so places. Which oddly enough is about the crowd size for the pre-Xmas game at Hampden v Hamilton. For regular attendees I’m sure a conversation with the club will sort the issue but be understanding that some Dundee fans might try that Avenue too. Any extra effort put in to get a ticket will be offset by knowing you are excluding our opponents. And don’t forget we have a supporters association to call on for help if necessary.

The good news is, with all this clamour for tickets I’d expect to see a bumper crowd at Cappielow on Saturday. Our travelling support has been underwhelming this season. Usual diehards singing their hearts out but as seen on the match highlights at recent games at Ayr and Raith, not much better than when we played in league 2. So let’s get a good crowd at Cappielow first and we’ll see on Monday what’s happening for the Dundee game.

46 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Settle down. It took them a while but the club are finally getting it that the fans are important. So let’s just look at what has been said without interpretation or oversight. Here’s the statement:-

Our final cinch Championship Match of the Season will see Dundee visit Ochilview on Friday, May 5 and Queen’s Park Football Club would advise that there will be NO public sale of tickets for the game.Β 

Queen’s Park fans will be situated in the Main Stand and entry is of course valid for all Members and Season Ticket Holders. Whilst there is no public sale the club is pleased to advise that all Members and Season Ticket Holders have the option of purchasing one further ticket for a Queen’s Park supporting family member or friend subject to availability.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

Ochilview capacity is 3,746 including 626 seats in the stand which is on the south elevation. The north elevation is out of bounds. The west Β terrace is the bigger one Β and the east terrace, not used this season, is flat but still part of the capacity (think Montrose).

As an86 rightly points out, any public sale would have been swamped by Dundee fans. A year ago last weekend they played St Johnstone at Dens and drew a crowd of almost 8000 so the prospect of overwhelming the west terrace with a noisy support is a certainty, and also likely for some infiltration of the QP stand. As I recall this already happened with an Ayr fan early in the season and many will remember the trouble at Hampden when Rangers fans took up seats in the South stand.Β 

With regard to fans losing out, despite my many criticisms of the administration of the club this season not for a second would I believe that anyone involved is deliberately restricting bona fide QP fans to attend this critical game. Firstly, all members and season ticket holders can apply for an additional ticket. If that is taken up then the stand will be nearly full in itself. Notably, a time limit of this Friday has been set for that. Once that demand has been satisfied the club can then make a decision on what to do about the the remaining 3,000 or so places. Which oddly enough is about the crowd size for the pre-Xmas game at Hampden v Hamilton. For regular attendees I’m sure a conversation with the club will sort the issue but be understanding that some Dundee fans might try that Avenue too. Any extra effort put in to get a ticket will be offset by knowing you are excluding our opponents. And don’t forget we have a supporters association to call on for help if necessary.

The good news is, with all this clamour for tickets I’d expect to see a bumper crowd at Cappielow on Saturday. Our travelling support has been underwhelming this season. Usual diehards singing their hearts out but as seen on the match highlights at recent games at Ayr and Raith, not much better than when we played in league 2. So let’s get a good crowd at Cappielow first and we’ll see on Monday what’s happening for the Dundee game.

Well said.

Youll be getting this a lot next season if you do get promoted, if you use anywhere but Hampden, so youd probably be aswell getting a season ticket.

7 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Firstly, I am delighted that the club is making an effort to ensure that Dundee don't get an advantage by having more fans in the ground than us.

However, it does seem crazy that non members/ST holders that have been traveling home and away all season may not be able to attend. That has potential to really reduce our own support.

Some laugh, eh? Potential title decider, and there could be only about 600 fans or so in. Brings me back to the COVID play-offs versus Killie.

58 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some laugh, eh? Potential title decider, and there could be only about 600 fans or so in. Brings me back to the COVID play-offs versus Killie.

To be honehst, 'If' there is still a chance of us winning the league on the last day, I would expect that we would quite easily sell out the Main Stand, meaning we will then want to use at least part of the terracing.

In that case, by the time there is some segregation etc, the Dundee allocation would need to be greatly reduced.

If we can sell/give away enough tickets? Then the Dundee fans may even be in the standing section behind the other goal.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Besides, the game is live on TV, so there's no reason for any Dundee fans not to see itπŸ˜‰