The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If this is true I will be incredibly disappointed in the club. I'd be amazed if the vast majority of the fans wouldn't be against that. It'd be a horrific bit of publicity for the club.

Maybe the fans ought to start sending a few emails in as nothing has been decided on yet.

image.png.43fee9fe998fa308d38ac636b1f0e31c.png

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It is quite simply remarkable how quickly Queen's Park has gone from the last bastion of amateurism and playing for the love of the game in senior football to a rather detestable franchise indeed. Kudos.

All the leaks from the SFA about the conference, hammering down "it's a done deal", have gone through the Mail. Suspiciously timely that this unsourced story comes just after Aberdeen say a loud No.

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

All the leaks from the SFA about the conference, hammering down "it's a done deal", have gone through the Mail. Suspiciously timely that this unsourced story comes just after Aberdeen say a loud No.

Mike Mulraney throwing a last hail mary via his most trusted mouthpiece.

1 hour ago, QP MAD said:

Totally against B teams 

I'm all for us having a B Team (we already do - Young QP) and fully support them playing in competitive league and cup competitions with all the other B teams (they already do - the reserve league and Glasgow Cup)

However there is no way that B teams should be involved in the same competitions or league structures as their First teams.

If the reserve league is to be redeveloped to once again include the old firm then thats fine. If it can attract sponsorship etc even better. But it shouldn't be part of the pyramid, and it shouldn't be in a new league that effectively relegated everyone below it.

I'm not going to pay to read the article, and don't have much time for the Daily Mail, so I really hope this is just poor journalism and not remotely true. However, sadly the news doesn't shock me.

Edited by Ben Reilly

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It is quite simply remarkable how quickly Queen's Park has gone from the last bastion of amateurism and playing for the love of the game in senior football to a rather detestable franchise indeed. Kudos.

From loveable eccentrics and principled amateurs to detestable self-interested scumbags in what, two or three seasons?

No criticism of the Spiders fans who I know will be almost entirely against these proposals. But a bit of a sign of desperation from the few weirdos behind the B team proposal that it's not the "done deal" it was claimed to be.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This, absolutely this. Sums up the whole shit show