The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Based on our recent attempt at giving Dundee 300 tickets out of Ochilview's alleged capacity of 3700, I think it's fair to assume that in its current state the away allocation at Lesser will be approximately 75.

Who's got the timer set for the 'that'll be a home:away ratio of 1:1 then!' quote?

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I know you folks are probably sick to death of the question, but I was looking back a few pages at the stadium chat. I also live in battlefield/Cathcart and walked past Lesser a few days back. I saw the ground a few months ago walking to watch Scotland t but didn’t take it in fully as I was pished. But it really does look too small (even the royal box seems too small to host sizeable hospitality!). A couple of questions if folks would be so kind?:

Is there a terrace going in behind the goal? 

What is the overall capacity going to be?

What is the likely away allocation (is there a % that must be given for league games etc.)? 

I loved going to watch the Rovers at Hampden. And where I live look forward to the ‘away trip’ next year. But really hope all the boys I go with will get a ticket!

here is the entrance for visiting fans

image.png.e61a8db833619ea552a55246e52b7889.png

& here is where it leads to...

image.png.7939bb1d3d510fd30fa710deea9f42c3.png

I’d like to point out one member led organisation,The Well Society, the majority shareholders of Motherwell Football Club 

I’d now like to draw your attention to the official response of member driven organisation, Queen’s Park Football Club.

7B0DBA8E-DE19-49F4-A806-4470C5B4A29B.thumb.jpeg.4b151963893e380ff8a2f3eae656e53f.jpeg

This is how our football club values the opinions of the supporters. Compare and contrast. I know members of the management team and committee read this forum. I hope you’re suitably embarrassed. 

49 minutes ago, an86 said:

I’d like to point out one member led organisation,The Well Society, the majority shareholders of Motherwell Football Club 

I’d now like to draw your attention to the official response of member driven organisation, Queen’s Park Football Club.

7B0DBA8E-DE19-49F4-A806-4470C5B4A29B.thumb.jpeg.4b151963893e380ff8a2f3eae656e53f.jpeg

This is how our football club values the opinions of the supporters. Compare and contrast. I know members of the management team and committee read this forum. I hope you’re suitably embarrassed. 

Is that a genuine direct response from the club to a recent email regarding entry to the conference league?

2 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Is that a genuine direct response from the club to a recent email regarding entry to the conference league?

Yes and B teams in the Conference League in general. 

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yes and B teams in the Conference League in general. 

Thanks.

Reading between the lines that probably means the rumour is true that we want to enter a B Team and that they have no interest in the supporters/members opinion on the matter.

21 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If I was a member I would resign after that arrogant approach.

I'm more of the opinion that members should NOT resign, but should make their voices heard when the committee come up for re-election.

22 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I'm more of the opinion that members should NOT resign, but should make their voices heard when the committee come up for re-election.

That would be the right thing but it has failed miserably at the last few attempts. More power to your elbow if you feel you can change things.

6 hours ago, an86 said:

Just astonishing. Someone tell these clowns it isn’t 1867 anymore.

15 hours ago, an86 said:

'This is sound corporate governance'. From someone at Queen's Park Football Club.

6 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

This is sound corporate governance'. From someone at Queen's Park Football Club.

You would think that given the utter car crashes of the stadium farce and the expulsion from the Scottish Cup these raging incompetents would have at least learned a bit of humility. I suspect that they've become a self reinforcing group constantly telling each other how brilliantly they're doing and that they have no need to listen to anyone else. I'm not a member, just a supporter for the last 56 years so I'm not privy to the inner workings of the committee and its relationship to the rest of the membership, but I'm astonished that the same group have managed to remain on the committee over the last few years and somehow not been voted off.

21 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

A very likely scenario that we have a competitive home game 8 weeks today.

And we have no idea where it will be played 👍 

Are you selling season tickets?  Surely you need to tell people where the ticket is for?

18 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

You would think that given the utter car crashes of the stadium farce and the expulsion from the Scottish Cup these raging incompetents would have at least learned a bit of humility. I suspect that they've become a self reinforcing group constantly telling each other how brilliantly they're doing and that they have no need to listen to anyone else. I'm not a member, just a supporter for the last 56 years so I'm not privy to the inner workings of the committee and its relationship to the rest of the membership, but I'm astonished that the same group have managed to remain on the committee over the last few years and somehow not been voted off.

Probably because there hasn't been any votes on office bearers or committee members since before the vote to go professional in 2019. They're currently in breach of five separate Articles of Association (I've already flagged up to the Club Secretary and Finance Officer) and there's another major one about to kick-in that no-one at the club seems to have spotted yet. In fact, the biggest breach possible and the polar opposite from 'good governance'. 

All of this behaviour leads to only two options; incompetence on a ballistic scale or complete and utter disregard for the club, it's founders, previous committees, Members, Supporters, Sponsors. Apart from one sponsor, of course.

48 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you selling season tickets?  Surely you need to tell people where the ticket is for?

Not yet, but that's pretty much what happened last year, season tickets went on sale then only afterwards the admission of where the seats would be.