The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

To be fair, the media are reporting that 3 teams were in for him and that QP were ready to listen to offers.

we know now that United don’t want him and Raith have just signed Turner on loan, so the probability is becoming higher.

Personally, I think the appointment of Davidson might put the kibosh on this one now but we might still try and sign him on a PCA 🤷🏻‍♂️

The Daily Record loves to make stuff up. He's under contract until 2025 so any idea of a pre-contract is out of the window. If Thistle can afford to sign him now though they're clearly not as skint as they'd like everyone to think. 

Scott Burns will have fed the Thomas to Thistle stories on Twitter again, which is maybe why its popped up for folk on Twitter. 

37 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No QP fan has claimed that what we're doing is sustainable. Most clubs in Scotland are propped up by benefactors in an unsustainable way. We're maybe a wee bit more unsustainable than most.

Mind you, if the mad stories about our young goalie going to Old Trafford for a £million are correct, we only need to produce one of these guys every year and we're laughing!

Absolutely. Almost all of lower league (and most of the top league) scottish football is unsustainable and heavily reliant on input from some wealthy individuals. Its funny as these guys almost certainly make decisions with the clubs that they wouldnt even think about doing with their day-to-day companies. 

7 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Pretty sure there is 18 months left on his contract which would prevent any PCA being used at the moment.

Ah, interesting.

it did say QP were wanting to try and wait until a manager came in, so I’m not expecting anything.

Would imagine a managers first port of call is a sit down chat and see what’s going on, unless Thomas has really made his mind up that he wants to leave, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Ah, interesting.

it did say QP were wanting to try and wait until a manager came in, so I’m not expecting anything.

Would imagine a managers first port of call is a sit down chat and see what’s going on, unless Thomas has really made his mind up that he wants to leave, for whatever reason.

Would be disappointed if he wanted to leave but given how things have been at the club you could understand it.  Davidson is clearly not going to turn this around overnight so if he really wants to go and Thistle have the cash ........................ but hopefully not.

2 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Would be disappointed if he wanted to leave but given how things have been at the club you could understand it.  Davidson is clearly not going to turn this around overnight so if he really wants to go and Thistle have the cash ........................ but hopefully not.

I like to think Davidson coming in (ye know, an ACTUAL football manager) will give the players a boost and a bit of positivity. The whole squad has underperformed at points this season (Ferrie excepted) but it’s a clean slate now. 

22 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

I like to think Davidson coming in (ye know, an ACTUAL football manager) will give the players a boost and a bit of positivity. The whole squad has underperformed at points this season (Ferrie excepted) but it’s a clean slate now. 

You're absolutely right. Hopefully we'll be better organised, especially at the back, come the weekend. Definitely need a couple of decent additions - squad page showing only 17 outfield players, 2 of whom are out injured.

3 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Ah, interesting.

I’d say Thomas will respond well to Davidson, and vice versa. Dom’s one of the so-called “seniors” whose own game has suffered from trying to support too many youngsters. He’ll also come alive again if Davidson can bring in a seasoned striker.

Quite an important night as the Club's AGM is being held.

There's been plenty of totally warranted flak going the Club's way in the past few years so hopefully people turn up and support those with an agenda for change who are standing for election.

17 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t know why but the phrase “big cousin” from an adult made me laugh a bit. I don’t even know why it just read like you were 8.

I'm just pleased the rest of what I wrote was sufficiently grown-up for you to correctly surmise that I'm not 8.

2 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I'm just pleased the rest of what I wrote was sufficiently grown-up for you to correctly surmise that I'm not 8.

That’s precisely what an 8 year old who wanted people to think he was older would say 

I see Connor smith has returned to hearts from his loan from a Scunthorpe. Would take back in a heartbeat. Can play multiple positions in the attacking third

Could be utter nonsense but I was told he wanted to come back to queens in the summer but beuker said no to it

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Quite an important night as the Club's AGM is being held.

There's been plenty of totally warranted flak going the Club's way in the past few years so hopefully people turn up and support those with an agenda for change who are standing for election.

Won’t make it, but the proxy is in. First time I’ve ever bothered with such a thing. 

22 hours ago, QPEast said:

Surely the fact Robertson exists, means this is already the case.

True, but the crucial difference when it comes to the next destination is that the bulk of Robertson's development was at first team level, gradually moving up each time from Queen's to United to Hull until by the team he reached Liverpool he was pretty much straight into the first team.

Wee bit older than I’d of liked and the injury record concerns me a lot but it’s an experienced centre mid which is needed for guys like Spong and Turner. Even as a squad option, that’ll do for me in our current circumstances in terms of depth and inexperience 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

34 this year and permanently injured. Fair play to him getting another club at this level.

33yo injury prone CM on an 18 month deal.

Davidsons back, baby.