The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Thank you to those guys who have helped inform the general support. It is much appreciated. My concern and interpretation of your comments is worrying in that when all boiled down very little has changed. We have a new president who doesn't seem to have grasped the feeling of the support. There is no progress on Lesser. Happy to sit with the present arrangement with the SFA. If we drop a division there will likely be an argument that we don't need a bigger complex so nothing will be done. What if we stay in the Championship and fall out with the SFA (easily done)? We will have outdated plans for temporary stands no doubt at vastly increased cost and possibly subject to different building and H&S regulations. No plans for the future of our Ladies' team at Lesser. We have two new Committee members and wholehearted congratulations and best wishes to them but in my experience a small injection of fresh blood is such a huge task amongst dinosaurs and we mustn't look for miracles in the short term.

These are just observations and , as ever, none of it is likely to change my lifestyle and I will continue to support the team through thick and thin.

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The Tteasurer asked that the detail of the meeting was confidential and expressly mentioned Pie and Bovril to not be used. 

Many thanks for this BYOS, this has been great at providing insight. 

Congratulations to our new committee members, I certainly hope that they’ll be prepared to challenge the hierarchy and speak for all fans. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Didn't actually appreciate Kingsley had played anywhere near that many for Falkirk to be fair. I was trying to avoid names who had been first team regulars before moving as I appreciated the point you were making. Hence I didn't include the likes of Calvin Ramsay, either.

I do think Doak at least has already done enough to prove he's not got "lost" in the English system. I accept it's earlier in the process for One and Wilson.

Dismissing Dembele as "not Scottish" is somewhat disingenious. He is Ivory Coast born but moved to Scotland at 13, went through Scottish secondary education, and was in Academy football at Dundee United and Ayr United before moving into professional football down South. The path is the same.

It also wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list, just a list of names off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure if I took an hour or two to research I could come up with a lot more. I take the point, there are a lot of people do the Aidan Fitzpatrcik thing and just disappear. In fact to be fair, Fitzy's not the greatest example. it's not worked out for him immediately in England but he's back up here playing regular Championship football, first for us and now for you and any time I've seen him for you he's looked capable of playing higher level. There's a career to be had there. But there's also hundreds of youngsters go sign for Rangers or Celtic or HIbs or Hearts Academies and disappear too. It's not peculiar to the English system and it's not quite as much as guarantee of failure as your original "nobody except Billy Gilmour ever made it" post implied.

Aye fair enough. I guess I'm being quite absolutist about what it means to have a good career too. I'm just becoming increasingly pissed off at players leaving for next to nothing (add-ons for 17 year olds are often not worth the paper they're written on) when they could be bringing value to our teams and leagues. 

I hope the young lad makes it.

The clown who single-handedly got us chucked out of the Scottish Cup for the first in the club's 156 year history is now president. Jesus fucking wept.

Also worth pointing out that it took them an entire working day to get a 300-word statement out, during which time supporters were only able to find out the news on here or on the grapevine.

21 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The clown who single-handedly got us chucked out of the Scottish Cup for the first in the club's 156 year history is now president. Jesus fucking wept.

Also worth pointing out that it took them an entire working day to get a 300-word statement out, during which time supporters were only able to find out the news on here or on the grapevine.

If folk think that communications from the club was bad, just you wait. 

Also the statement said absolutely nothing.

41 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If I had realised that was the idiot who was now President when I last posted my mood would have been quite different. God help us!!!!

On 09/01/2024 at 18:47, Spider Rico said:

More likely we’re going to wait and see and judge him on the merits of what he does with us.

Guys, stop wasting your time telling them if Sean Welsh is any good, they made it pretty clear after the opinions on Davidson that they don't want to hear.

36 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Why are you so needy 

The same reason you're so touchy?

Honestly, I'm just a bit bored and having a laugh at the OTT reaction a few of your fans had to some mild anti-Davidson comments the other day. 

If that's his best attempt at eagle claws then he's in trouble.

Much like in Glasgow, it's difficult to know which Istanbul team to dislike the most. I think Fenerbahçe slightly edge it from Beşiktaş. Obviously it's all about Kasimpaşa though.

20 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Obviously it's all about Kasimpaşa though.

Top marks if you're in a bit of a good old trolling mate 😂 The b*****ds got us 3-1 last weekend just before we signed Santos as manager. 

Kasımpaşa is the district of Istanbul where the president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan grew up in and because of his open support, they are possibly the most hated team in the Turkish Super League.

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Top marks if you're in a bit of a good old trolling mate 😂 The b*****ds got us 3-1 last weekend just before we signed Santos as manager. 

Kasımpaşa is the district of Istanbul where the president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan grew up in and because of his open support, they are possibly the most hated team in the Turkish Super League.

Da Costa hat trick!

I used to watch Kasimpaşa when I lived in Istanbul, far better experience and value for money than the other clubs.

RTE was in their youths and obviously the (beautiful) stadium is named after him, but if he really supported them they'd be doing a lot better. Surely his "support" is a political move like Glasgow celebrities pretending to support Thistle in order to not upset fans of the cheeks.

I never heard anyone speak a bad word about Kasimpaşa (but plenty about Beşiktaş), most just treated them as an irrelevance. There certainly didn't seem to be any hated from away fans at the games I went to.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Da Costa hat trick!

I used to watch Kasimpaşa when I lived in Istanbul, far better experience and value for money than the other clubs.

RTE was in their youths and obviously the (beautiful) stadium is named after him, but if he really supported them they'd be doing a lot better. Surely his "support" is a political move like Glasgow celebrities pretending to support Thistle in order to not upset fans of the cheeks.

I never heard anyone speak a bad word about Kasimpaşa (but plenty about Beşiktaş), most just treated them as an irrelevance. There certainly didn't seem to be any hated from away fans at the games I went to.

I'm moving this discussion to your league comparison post before @Spider Ricothreatens to delete this thread again 😂

Heard Callum Davidson mention he watched the Dunfermline game, and I just hope he hasn't been bamboozled by the BBC graphics department. Easy enough mistake to make, I suppose...

IMG_20240112_231207.thumb.jpg.b850395483fc8934794b1c8e4e53ce58.jpg

And still, not to worry: it was updated the next time it appeared on screen, just before kick-off...

IMG_20240112_231735.thumb.jpg.9cf0c47e48296b67526b2a351d5f5300.jpg

...oh.