The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Indeed. Other countries manage with one footballing body who, largely,operate for the good of all the teams and the game in general but we had to follow England and come up with something that doesn't.

Which other counties? 

England has the FA (national team, FA Cup  FA Trophy etc), the Premier League (which used to be ran in conjunction with the FA), the Football League (Leagues and EFL Cup) and then the various non-league organisations. 

Spain has FREF (their FA, who organkse the national team and Copa del Rey), and the LFP (the leagues).

Italy has the FIGC (their FA), Lega Serie A, Lega B, Lega Italiana Professionistico (Serie C), Lega Nazionale (Serie D and below).

Most counties have at least two bodies - an FA for the national team and FA Cup, and a League body for the league system - some have different league bodies depending on professionalism and/or region... but I don't think many, if any, only have one footballing body.

38 days

Where are we playing our home games?

Who will be picking the team?

Who will be playing for the team?

What kit will we be wearing?

How much will membership and season tickets cost?

Who won each of the various player of the year awards that were voted for?

https://twitter.com/MyreMedia/status/1665449705097109509?t=7HgZ_sedzjaOSziJfoo36Q&s=19

Aerial photo of Lesser from 3 days ago. Looks suspiciously like the South end is not being developed at all! Or has it been tidied in preparation for the erection of a temporary stand for the new season (according to others with better knowledge, doesn't seem to be any planning applications for that...)?

44 minutes ago, BuddyZero said:

https://twitter.com/MyreMedia/status/1665449705097109509?t=7HgZ_sedzjaOSziJfoo36Q&s=19

Aerial photo of Lesser from 3 days ago. Looks suspiciously like the South end is not being developed at all! Or has it been tidied in preparation for the erection of a temporary stand for the new season (according to others with better knowledge, doesn't seem to be any planning applications for that...)?

.......although by this time last year Cove still hadn't submitted their application, yet opened the season with two new temporary stands.

22 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Which other counties? 

England has the FA (national team, FA Cup  FA Trophy etc), the Premier League (which used to be ran in conjunction with the FA), the Football League (Leagues and EFL Cup) and then the various non-league organisations. 

Spain has FREF (their FA, who organkse the national team and Copa del Rey), and the LFP (the leagues).

Italy has the FIGC (their FA), Lega Serie A, Lega B, Lega Italiana Professionistico (Serie C), Lega Nazionale (Serie D and below).

Most counties have at least two bodies - an FA for the national team and FA Cup, and a League body for the league system - some have different league bodies depending on professionalism and/or region... but I don't think many, if any, only have one footballing body.

You've missed my point that a national football body that deals with everything has more of a focus on the game as a whole rather than the big teams. England isn't a good example.  The Premier Hoover's up all the cash, allowing teams to pay players £500k a week, whilst that figure could have saved Bury from going bust.

20 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

.......although by this time last year Cove still hadn't submitted their application, yet opened the season with two new temporary stands.

Their submission to the council was made in May and validated around the 8th of June.

28 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You've missed my point that a national football body that deals with everything has more of a focus on the game as a whole rather than the big teams. England isn't a good example.  The Premier Hoover's up all the cash, allowing teams to pay players £500k a week, whilst that figure could have saved Bury from going bust.

But my point is that there isn't really any country with just one national body who deals with everything. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

But my point is that there isn't really any country with just one national body who deals with everything. 

Turkey has only one body: TFF, Turkish Football Association. 

Post-Google search edit: So do Italy, The Netherlands, and France. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Their submission to the council was made in May and validated around the 8th of June.

Given the length of time for use I’d expect to see a planning application. But there’s nothing new there apart from minor works to the Pavillion. Do you have a planning number you can share please?

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Here's hoping. It won't be 2 stands. 

600 in East + 400 away in South gazebo while North is developed over the season (which might go quicker if housebuilders with better supply lines and project management skills are involved) would be reasonable. Given the way it's gone so far, though, even that seems wildly optimistic

7 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I've just finished listening to the most recent episode of The Spiders Talk Podcast.

I don’t use Twitter, but I know the guys involved are all on here, so I wanted to say a massive well done and an even bigger thank you to all three of you.

I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to each and every episode, and look forward to it every week, as I crave some sort of fix for QP content between games. Selfishly, I wish there were more than one episode each week (though obviously I understand that's not realistic).

I dont come into contact with many other Queens fans during the week who I can chat to about the games etc, so listening in to the chats on the podcast feels like the next best thing. I generally find I agree with most of what is said, and enjoy the fact that while it's obviously a QP podcast, the  guys are always very fair in praise their for the other teams, and criticism of our own team and club where relevant.

So thank you so much for giving up your time to put in the effort required for each episode for no reward. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to the next episode.

👏👏👏👏👏

Agree with everything you’ve said, well done guys, super effort over the whole season. 

55 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Given the length of time for use I’d expect to see a planning application. But there’s nothing new there apart from minor works to the Pavillion. Do you have a planning number you can share please?

It was the Cove application I was referring to I’m afraid. Nothing new of note in the Lesser application for many months now 

Surely there needs to be an enquiry in to why Lesser Hampden is taking so long, especially since it's smaller stands as well. Are you lot being taken for utter mugs by builders or something?

1 hour ago, BuddyZero said:

Here's hoping. It won't be 2 stands. 

600 in East + 400 away in South gazebo while North is developed over the season (which might go quicker if housebuilders with better supply lines and project management skills are involved) would be reasonable. Given the way it's gone so far, though, even that seems wildly optimistic

You might not be shocked to learn that a member flagged up to an officer of the club in 2018 the rampant housing developments across the UK and offered detailed information on how to get on that gravy train. The discussion was specifically about the parcel of land at the north end of Lesser. 

Seriously though, I was not expecting any announcements until the players returned for pre-season.

Which should - in normal times - be next week.

In any case, I hope we have a raft of announcements lined up for next week, rather that the silence is masking something more worrying.

3 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Seriously though, I was not expecting any announcements until the players returned for pre-season.

Which should - in normal times - be next week.

In any case, I hope we have a raft of announcements lined up for next week, rather that the silence is masking something more worrying.

I would hope that any signing won’t be happening without a new gaffer being there to vet them. If it’s all on the say-so of Beuker then we’re going down the Ellis path again. I don’t believe that’ll happen, so logically, gaffer first followed by players. 

21 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I would hope that any signing won’t be happening without a new gaffer being there to vet them. If it’s all on the say-so of Beuker then we’re going down the Ellis path again. I don’t believe that’ll happen, so logically, gaffer first followed by players. 

Beuker will have final say on signings. Coyle’s signings were hardly a hit, where they?