The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe TBC means The Bowling Club. 

On a vaguely similar theme, does anyone in the locality know what the status of the Mount Florida Bowling Club is? I know the developers wanted flats, but quite rightly the locals put up huge objections.

Would be absolutely perfect for a couple of wee pitches for kids. Indoor facility for community use etc. as well. The greater likelihood, sadly, is either the developers getting their way or the land being left to overgrow for years. 

Sounds like season ticket sales are close to zero given the issue that fans don't know where they're playing next season.

How then can they make signings with so little income coming in? I know your lad is funding a lot of this, but will he want to keep pushing away cash to fund something that seems so unsustainable at the moment?

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like season ticket sales are close to zero given the issue that fans don't know where they're playing next season.

Season ticket sales are not close to zero.  They are zero, as they are not yet on sale.

Presumably, the club will put them on sale once they reveal where we are playing next season.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

On a vaguely similar theme, does anyone in the locality know what the status of the Mount Florida Bowling Club is? I know the developers wanted flats, but quite rightly the locals put up huge objections.

Would be absolutely perfect for a couple of wee pitches for kids. Indoor facility for community use etc. as well. The greater likelihood, sadly, is either the developers getting their way or the land being left to overgrow for years. 

First application for flats was rejected, I believe a second/revised application is being or has been submitted with a token amount of space for “community use”. 

So very slowly working its way through the council process. The community group are doing their best to oppose it and push for a proper community space.

6 hours ago, an86 said:

I agree that would be a great use for the land, however the upcoming takeover of the Glagow Club facility at Holyrood is where all the community stuff will be based.

Edited by Ben Reilly
l can't seem to put words in the right order

I read a few pages back that there is a legal requirement for TWO practise events at Lesser before a safety certificate is issued. 

Any update/thoughts on this? 

A couple of pre-season friendlies?

Bit late in the day for this level of brinkmanship.

I'm guessing there must be a paying(?) crowd at these test events surely? 

Edited by GloriousHoops

16 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I read a few pages back that there is a legal requirement for TWO practise events at Lesser before a safety certificate is issued. 

Any update/thoughts on this? 

A couple of pre-season friendlies?

Bit late in the day for this level of brinkmanship.

I'm guessing there must be a paying(?) crowd at these test events surely? 

The decision makers may still be on holiday but still very poor from the club, no communication. Looks increasingly likely that we won’t be playing at Lesser next season I’m afraid. 

22 minutes ago, Moodster said:

The decision makers may still be on holiday but still very poor from the club, no communication. Looks increasingly likely that we won’t be playing at Lesser next season I’m afraid. 

Broadwood?

Yeah, I know, your guess is as good as anyone else's. 

Edited by GloriousHoops

1 hour ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

A few more suggestions for the compilation album of QP anthems

Nobody Told Me by John Lennon

Communication Let Me Down by Spandau Ballet

It's Oh So Quiet by Bjork

Hey Hey We're The Monks by The Monkees

Our Lips Are Sealed by The Go-Go's

....... and of course,......anything by Black Box!

Silence is golden - The Tremelos

Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

Silent Night - some Austrian 

4 hours ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Enjoy the silence....Depeche Mode

We don't talk anymore....Cliff Richard

I don't want to talk about it....Everything But the Girl

Arrogance....Prince

4 hours ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Oh and the most obvious....

Homeless......Paul Simon with Ladysmith Black Mambazo