The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

SPFL a lot more understanding than I’d be, quite frankly. If Lesser is fine for the first few games, it’s fine for the season - nobody‘s fault but QP’s that it’s tiny and shite. 

I’d be amazed if we actually play any league games at lesser Hampden this season 

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fire up a temporary stand (ala Hamilton/Alloa) behind one/both goals and get on with it?

This must be the worst stadium redevelopment in Scottish football history. Bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Fortunately nobody cares what you think, and you have no influence on making these decisions.

Can’t argue with that. 

Bit weird you’ve quoted Leanne Dempster’s attitude to the Queen’s Park support though. 

Could it be that we are permanently moving back to big Hampden and lesser will be used for training, reserve game, etc. In other words the 900 seater stand will be the capacity and that is it finished.

Either way, I am delighted.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

Can’t argue with that. 

Bit weird you’ve quoted Leanne Dempster’s attitude to the Queen’s Park support though. 

We don't even get the courtesy of a dismissive response like that!

5 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

To be honest this is full bullshit.

If Lesser is OK for games before September, it should be used all season. It sets a shite precedent that 'renting' big stadiums is OK if you want to increase a crowd. If QP get through the league cup and draw one of the Bigot Brothers at home they will get a massive pay day which is fully unfair (50k crowd at £20 a ticket is 1 million pounds)

Next time the Rovers draw one of the Bigots at home in the cup, shall we just 'rent' Hampden (or better yet, Celtic park) for the day and cash in 50/60k ticket sales? 

Does this mean if QP ever get to the premier league they have the option of doing this every big game they want? 

I like watching the Rovers play at Hampden, and living in Battlefield, I am glad that QP will be playing in Mount Florida. I was also gutted that I might miss out on getting a ticket for Lesser due to capacity, too. So getting to the games next year is something I am grateful for.

But QP are no longer an amateur, 4th tier side. They are ambitious, with big money backers and trying to get promoted to the premier league. To me they should not be treated in 'cuddly' fashion and I would hope Championship/League 1 and (any team that can be relegated from the top flight - so 10/12) should be against this. And making sure it doesn't become a habit.

Oh you're absolutely bang on the money. 

Glad QP are back in the southside but if Lesser is good enough for the games pre-12th September surely it should be good enough for the rest of the season?

The way it was tacked on at the end of the statement suggests some fudge where fans won't be allowed in...

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh you're absolutely bang on the money. 

Absolutely. It’s a fucking sham, of course, but also has real repercussions for teams in the same league if QP happen to get a good cup draw. 

Happy for Queens Park to be back southside. 
I’d gone 4 or 5 games a season on average since moving back to the area. Will make a point of going again and hopefully my daughter comes along as well. This time without the need for over zealous security to scrutinise the content of her changing bag (we no longer require it, with her walking and being out of nappies etc). 

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Does that make QP the 'Glasgow Linfield' now?

Looking forward to a day out on the southside without having to worry about the hassle of getting a ticket for a shite allocation.

I think we all know who the Glasgow Linfield are...

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Absolutely. It’s a fucking sham, of course, but also has real repercussions for teams in the same league if QP happen to get a good cup draw. 

This assumes of course that QP get to retain a meaningful proportion of any ticket sales as part of the deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SFA leaned quite hard on this in the negotiations.

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So you’ve been paid a load of cash to leave Hampden, used that money to build a sham stadium which the Scotland team now uses to train, whilst renting Hampden again? 

wash-money.gif 

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I and others were shouted down by some very angry Queens fans when we tried to make the same point last season.