Season 2022-23 and who will finish where?

Sure Kilmarnock will do very well next season with nine 6'3 cloggers defending a 1-0 headed goal from a corner for 65 minutes.

While Alexander's galacticos wow the nation with their brand of exciting football.

On 07/06/2022 at 07:54, Leith Green said:

A hearts fan mentioning the League Cup?

It must be your 80th birthday if you saw that happen m9, have a good one.

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

I take it arithmetic not a strong point 

3 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

I take it arithmetic not a strong point 

Actually it is fine - but I kinda doubt people were being taken directly from Simpsons Maternity ward in 1961 or whenever it was to watch a cup final - hence the use of "imaginary fan" 80th birthday.

Clearly a shite joke if I have to explain it mind....................

I think we’ll be bottom 6, not in a relegation battle but maybe finish 7th-8th.

Aberdeen might be in trouble though if Goodwin doesn’t have a good window though.

Pretty boring close season so far but Ross County probably losing out the most in terms of quality players moving on.

Have a lot of creativity and goals to replace.

Will have to recruit well in the coming couple of months I'd suggest.

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Pretty boring close season so far but Ross County probably losing out the most in terms of quality players moving on.

Have a lot of creativity and goals to replace.

Will have to recruit well in the coming couple of months I'd suggest.

The leveller is their manager.  If he wasn't a racist he would be nowhere near that level. 

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Rangers will win the league.

Celtc second

Hearts piss 3rd

scrap for the rest until

Killie

St Johnstone 

Motherwell

A heap of European games for Hearts might drag us down a fair bit.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

A heap of dosh will have you have easily the 3rd best squad. 

LJ will be a much more of an improvement for us though.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

This is a distinct possibility.

In any event, it's rare for a non-OF side to put together back-to-back best-of-the-rest finishes. The only exception recently being Aberdeen when they had the benefit of stability while their natural rivals were all in a state of shambles. And even they managed to f**k it up a couple of times by finishing behind Motherwell and later Killie.

Add in at least 8 European games and I can see it being a bit of a slog. No non-OF club has played group stage football for 15 years, and it's not clear how well we'll handle it.

I get the finance argument for us being strong again, but It's not like we're going to be monumentally out-spending Hibs and Aberdeen,and I think we'll really need to prioritise. The main objective should be finishing third again to make sure we've got our noses in the trough again next season, as that's when we'll really be able to push on.

Edited by VincentGuerin

48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Some posters are having problems adjusting to their Championship status. 

Not going to lie, I find myself opening the Premiership forum by accident all the time, this usually happens vice versa for the first month of each season.

This is a distinct possibility.
In any event, it's rare for a non-OF side to put together back-to-back best-of-the-rest finishes. The only exception recently being Aberdeen when they had the benefit of stability while their natural rivals were all in a state of shambles. And even they managed to f**k it up a couple of times by finishing behind Motherwell and later Killie.
Add in at least 8 European games and I can see it being a bit of a slog. No non-OF club has played group stage football for 15 years, and it's not clear how well we'll handle it.
I get the finance argument for us being strong again, but It's not like we're going to be monumentally out-spending Hibs and Aberdeen,and I think we'll really need to prioritise. The main objective should be finishing third again to make sure we've got our noses in the trough again next season, as that's when we'll really be able to push on.

Extra workload and increased squad depth will cancel each other out to an extent overall

But As opposed to last season where we built a commanding lead over the peloton and then coasted home we’re liable to get the downside in the autumn and the upside in the spring.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

... but I think we'll really need to prioritise and the main objective for this season should be finishing third again to make sure we've got our noses in the trough again next season, as that's when we'll really be able to push on.

Yes, I completely agree.