Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I can. That's how having integrity works - when you don't do something that benefits you, because you know it isn't right.

We know that and I 100% agree with you personally, but football/sport isn't fair. It never has been. If it was run with integrity then we would have nothing to be raging about 

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fans of Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and East Stirling need to be letting their clubs know that it's unacceptable for them to take cup places handed out through the old boy's network instead of being on merit. A very different scale but on principle this is every bit as grubby as the European super league guff. I know Cowdenbeath fans had a good laugh about their random League Cup place but this is much worse and really, it's not funny. If it happened to my club, 7 years after we were relegated and after we finished 14th, I'd be embarrassed. 

I’ve already ripped up the season ticket that I’ve not bought yet, burnt me bra and am in the process of hiring a small plane to fly a banner round Cowdenbeath for an hour saying ‘Cowden oot the SPFL Trust trophy, it’s the right thing to do’

2 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Mmmm....nah I won't be! The minimum £5k income is huge to us and once we dispatch whichever abominable B team we're paired with in round 1 it'll be an interesting distraction from more mundane games.

Fine. Just know they're stealing from clubs that deserve it more.

That income would be huge to other clubs too, and they earned it on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

We know that and I 100% agree with you personally, but football/sport isn't fair. It never has been. If it was run with integrity then we would have nothing to be raging about 

Football isn't fair because people accept things like this when it's in their favour. If they didn't, it would be fairer.

Using the poor behaviour of other people as an excuse for poor behaviour is a lack of integrity too.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve already ripped up the season ticket that I’ve not bought yet, burnt me bra and am in the process of hiring a small plane to fly a banner round Cowdenbeath for an hour saying ‘Cowden oot the SPFL Trust trophy, it’s the right thing to do’

All you have to do is email them. 

Just now, GordonS said:

Fine. Just know they're stealing from clubs that deserve it more.

That income would be huge to other clubs too, and they earned it on the pitch.

Football isn't fair because people accept things like this when it's in their favour. If they didn't, it would be fairer.

Using the poor behaviour of other people as an excuse for poor behaviour is a lack of integrity too.

It's on the people at they clubs to show a bit of integrity though, and they've already proven they have none so that's on them. I'd be mortified if it was my own team but it's not my team and if they want to be the joke-teams in the cup while they finish 3rd and 4th bottom of the Lowland League then let them.

3 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It's on the people at they clubs to show a bit of integrity though, and they've already proven they have none so that's on them. I'd be mortified if it was my own team but it's not my team and if they want to be the joke-teams in the cup while they finish 3rd and 4th bottom of the Lowland League then let them.

You're right that it's up to the people running the clubs but we're fans, we're not customers. We should let them know what we think.

This doesn't need to be a big deal and I'm not going to go round and round on it. Plenty of us emailed those running our clubs during the Sevco saga, and it made a difference. An email to their club, maybe a reply on social media, is all anybody needs to do. If they're not prepared to do as little as that then they don't get to complain when football authorities act unfairly in future. 

Absolutely nonsense decision there. I wasn't a fan of the tournament anyway due to the B teams, but I certainly won't be going to any games in it when the SPFL just hand places to their pals instead of by merit.

58 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

A man of integrity!!!

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm not really up to date with licensing etc but could the Lowland League teams be the ones with better licenses?

No. Only East Kilbride and Cumbernauld have bronze licences.

3 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Mmmm....nah I won't be! The minimum £5k income is huge to us and once we dispatch whichever abominable B team we're paired with in round 1 it'll be an interesting distraction from more mundane games.

It's almost like "buying" votes in the LL isn't it?

5 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I see EK, Boness, Albion Rovers, Shire, Berwick and Cowdenbeath are all in SPFL trust trophy next season. Nothing like rewarding teams for finishing higher up the league.

That here is a perfect example of Scottish football! An absolute shit show! How is this even right!🤬😡

3 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Hilarious that the top 6 in the HL are selected but it’s a random mishmash from the LL. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that they are all ex-SPFL sides.

Only 5 from the Highland League, 8 from the LL.