Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Good lad someone paying attention. 

There are some in the Stewartry would like to move Stranraer lock, stock and barrel to the Kintyre.

I'll have to mull over that suggestion 

5 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Largs aren't complaining. And we weren't in any position to apply in 2013 and I'd suspect few teams at our level were. This doesn't change the inherent issues with the pyramid structure. 

There were plenty of clubs in 2013 between the West & East Regions that could have met licensing by 2015. We've see versions of it happening in real time when there was the exodus to the EoSFL and the first two years of the WoSFL. Both circumstances having to deal with even higher standards imposed on them. There's a reason why 'gold-plated toilets' was a running joke.

13 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

They don't have a licence, so couldn't take part in play off

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t very few Tier 5 clubs actually have the appropriate license right now? Is there not a deadline during the season?

Caley Braves in the SPFL would be…something. Didn’t they want to be in the Premiership by 2025?

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There were plenty of clubs in 2013 between the West & East Regions that could have met licensing by 2015. We've see versions of it happening in real time when there was the exodus to the EoSFL and the first two years of the WoSFL. Both circumstances having to deal with even higher standards imposed on them. There's a reason why 'gold-plated toilets' was a running joke.

Gold-plated toilets was nonsense and the toilet area angle should never have caught on like it did. But it caught on. And it paled into some of the things I heard before the west exodus. One fan told us "leaving the juniors would take the community out of the club". Struth...

Talbot, Darvel, Pollok, Kilwinning, Clydebank, Bo'ness, Tranent, Bonnyrigg, to name a few - no lights for one in 2013. I'm sure Linlithgow didn't either?

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

1 minute ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Gold-plated toilets was nonsense and the toilet area angle should never have caught on like it did. But it caught on. And it paled into some of the things I heard before the west exodus. One fan told us "leaving the juniors would take the community out of the club". Struth...

Talbot, Darvel, Pollok, Kilwinning, Clydebank, Bo'ness, Tranent, Bonnyrigg, to name a few - no lights for one in 2013. I'm sure Linlithgow didn't either?

Floodlights were not a requirement until 2019. That's my point. The licensing standards were far lower in 2013. The SFA had to gut what was expected of SFA membership because so many historical members in the Lowland are were so far below that standard. Out of the 20+ historical SFA members in the Lowland area only 3 were licensed by summer 2013. Of the 12 teams they took for that first season: EKFC, Gretna 2008, Stirling University weren't even members of the SFA.

Linlithgow Rose became licensed in 2015 while still in the Juniors and within the 2 year deadline originally expected of Lowland League clubs. Beating out Vale of Leithen who took 3 years to make it.

14 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Linlithgow Rose had lights of sorts for a while, augmenting these with a couple of hired rigs for a Scottish Cup replay against Wick Academy in December 2015. The first game under the modern lights was in September 2017.

1 hour ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Have cowdenbeath struck a deal with the owners of the stadium. To use the toilets inside the ground yet. We were told when trying to get passed the chain locked gate. That the toilet inside the ground was for the stock car patrons. Wonder if they mentioned that when getting bronze.

20 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Have cowdenbeath struck a deal with the owners of the stadium. To use the toilets inside the ground yet. We were told when trying to get passed the chain locked gate. That the toilet inside the ground was for the stock car patrons. Wonder if they mentioned that when getting bronze.

The Office Crying GIF

50 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

No we didn’t as we used them when we were bronze.  And we can use them whenever we need them.  Never been chain locked - a simple padlock is all

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Floodlights were not a requirement until 2019. That's my point. The licensing standards were far lower in 2013. The SFA had to gut what was expected of SFA membership because so many historical members in the Lowland are were so far below that standard. Out of the 20+ historical SFA members in the Lowland area only 3 were licensed by summer 2013. Of the 12 teams they took for that first season: EKFC, Gretna 2008, Stirling University weren't even members of the SFA.

Linlithgow Rose became licensed in 2015 while still in the Juniors and within the 2 year deadline originally expected of Lowland League clubs. Beating out Vale of Leithen who took 3 years to make it.

Linlithgow were licensed in 2012/13. 

To be fair to Lithgae they always sought to improve their ground a bit at a time when they were East Juniors. They had lights and the Davie Roy Stand built and have always been progressive. 

Whether we'll see Lithgae in the Scottish League in future is up to results etc but they wouldn't disgrace it.

Just noticed Parks signed up to sponsor the Lowland League for another 2 years, thought they might bail when Rangers threw their toys out the pram over the conference rejection. Says a 5 figure sum though which doesn't reveal very much, anywhere between 10 grand over 2 years and £99,999 for each year, I suspect closer to the former.

https://slfl.co.uk/parks-motor-group-slfl-agree-landmark-sponsorship-deal/#:~:text=The Scottish Lowland Football League,and the Lowland Development League.

On 09/09/2024 at 17:57, To B or not B said:

They have a license, only entry level though.

Caley Braves advert for a general manager out today says they have a Bronze licence. !

I missed them being awarded that as I thought only EK and Cumbernauld  Colts had Bronze ?

36 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Caley Braves advert for a general manager out today says they have a Bronze licence. !

I missed them being awarded that as I thought only EK and Cumbernauld  Colts had Bronze ?

The last update I saw was June and they were Entry, but i can't remember seeing another licence update 

39 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

You never know how close a club is to meeting Bronze, it could just be one thing in each category. Their last review was June 23 so they could have met the Bronze criteria a year on, just need to wait on the next update.

tbf it would be funny if they did get a Bronze licence as I'd love to see what the minimum criteria looks like especially in terms of a glorified cage.

38 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

The last update I saw was June and they were Entry, but i can't remember seeing another licence update 

There is absolutely no way they can get a bronze license at the moment, their ground is way off that level, with the lack of covered sets being the main failure.