Coincidence

BFTD

Just now, ParsJake said:

This is a welcome return to form.

The post, not the antics described therein.

If throbber ever wrote a book, it could genuinely become an underground classic of transgressive fiction. Not to mention that a coffee table tome of his rainbow dicks could've taken off like a rocket during lockdown.

It's been too long since we've had a published author on here.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

If throbber ever wrote a book, it could genuinely become an underground classic of transgressive fiction. Not to mention that a coffee table tome of his rainbow dicks could've taken off like a rocket during lockdown.

I’m sure @scottsdad will be along in a second to tell you that he has published plenty.

Spoiler

But not more than The Prof.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Had to google what transgressive and tome meant.

59 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I fucking have published more than him! 

Might want to run his published work through Turnitin to see if he's nicked anything from you yet.

It's 50 years since Don McLean's Vincent was at No 1 (June 1972).

It was announced last week that they've discovered a hidden self portrait by Van Gogh in a painting owned by the National Gallery of Scotland 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's 50 years since Don McLean's Vincent was at No 1 (June 1972).

It was announced last week that they've discovered a hidden self portrait by Van Gogh in a painting owned by the National Gallery of Scotland 

It was on the "B" side

A few weeks ago, on a whim I decided to play Depeche Mode while I was kicking around doing a bit of housework. Stuck on 'Ultra' and opened the BBC news page, only to see that a few minutes earlier they had posted the news that Andy Fletcher had died.
Ignoring the fact he must have died hours, if not a good day or two before my off-the-cuff decision, I clearly possess the power to kill musicians and artists simply by playing their music. I'm open to requests for a small fee.
If you could do us all a favour and give Gerry Cinnamon a listen that'd be great.

• 4 weeks later...

A large part of my dreams last night was set in Equatorial Guinea (though it was located off the horn of Africa and had no territory on the mainland). Needless to say it's not a place I give much thought to.

One of the first things I do each morning is the day's Tradle (oec.world/en/tradle/) where you're given a country's export tree map and have to guess which country it is. I got today's in one: Equatorial Guinea.

47 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mrs. Maths is surely the Ulrike Meinhof of P&B.

Nice. I was just thinking about watching The Baader Meinhof Complex again the other night.

There was one time I was having a very vivid dream about being round a campfire singing Africa by Toto and when I woke up I started asking my Mrs if she knew the song etc. Went through and put Alexa on and Greg James was talking about Africa and then ended up deciding that he was going to play the song just for the f**k of it on radio 1. I had to run through and tell my Mrs and she didn’t seem remotely arsed about it but it truly was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

There was one time I was having a very vivid dream about being round a campfire singing Africa by Toto and when I woke up I started asking my Mrs if she knew the song etc. Went through and put Alexa on and Greg James was talking about Africa and then ended up deciding that he was going to play the song just for the f**k of it on radio 1. I had to run through and tell my Mrs and she didn’t seem remotely arsed about it but it truly was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

More surreal than having sex with your dad?

48 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

More surreal than having sex with your dad?

Much more surreal. Sometimes you can think you dreamt something or get deja vu but I was 100% banging on to my Mrs about the dream I’d just had and she assumed I was playing the song via Spotify.

Out for a drive in my latest midlife crisis car yesterday and decided to go by my childhood home to see what it looks like these days. On the makeshift drive I’d created about 27 years ago to fit my first car on sat a car exactly the same as the one I was driving yesterday. Same year, colour, almost the same reg. 

Out for a drive in my latest midlife crisis car yesterday and decided to go by my childhood home to see what it looks like these days. On the makeshift drive I’d created about 27 years ago to fit my first car on sat a car exactly the same as the one I was driving yesterday. Same year, colour, almost the same reg. 
Is your new car a DeLorian by any chance?