The Queen of the South thread

"Order order, we are the Border" was a great chant from Queens fans of yesteryear. And besides, I quite fancy being associated with Melrose, Kelso and Peebles!

Or what about the other classic " we drink beer, we drink wine, we're the Scottish borderline, na na na na na na na na na"  :) 

Dumfries is close to the border no matter what way you dress it up. When I refer where I'm from, I always say the border area, it's the only way foreigners comprehend where Dumfries is situated. There is no doubt whatsoever that we are indeed a "Borders" toon!

But we absolutely aren't a Borders town. I do say to folk who ask where Dumfries is, that it's half an hour or so away from the border. But I also say we are an hour and a half away from Glasgow to give them a better idea. It doesn't mean are associated with any of those areas though ;)

Kidd for me is a must keep. Russell would be useful for another season. Smith has looked good the few times he has been given a chance. Not bothered about any of the other tbh. Would punt Brownlie, Hooper, Oliver, Rutherford and if hes not already gone Conroy. Jacobs is a decent player who may or may not be kept. Wonder what this Dykes chap will be like. We have been linked on the Morton forum with Stefan McCluskey. He has impressed when Ive seen him. With Murdoch and Harris also returning from loan spell I reckon we need 6 players. Reckon wee Danny is a stick on to be one of them

Edited by football maniac

"Order order, we are the Border" was a great chant from Queens fans of yesteryear. And besides, I quite fancy being associated with Melrose, Kelso and Peebles!

Worst.Chant.Ever

Do we not release players.Just let there contracts run out and we have to guess who is being offered new contracts Kidd. Oliver. Russelll and Aiden Smith are the 4 I would like to see signed for next season. Smith I would send out on loan to get experience.

The club hasnt announced out of contract players leaving the club for years.

Worst.Chant.Ever

The club hasnt announced out of contract players leaving the club for years.

They did announce that Hutton was signing for St Mirren at the same time we announced Millar was staying. Presumably that was to let the fans know that we had offered him a deal.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3188

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Well that's it decided then, we are indeed in the Borders!

No we are not.

Dumfries is not far from the border with England. The Scottish borders however is south east Scotland.

Saying we're in the borders is usually the preserve of lazy, ignorant, Central Belt types.

No we are not.

Dumfries is not far from the border with England. The Scottish borders however is south east Scotland.

Saying we're in the borders is usually the preserve of lazy, ignorant, Central Belt types.

Norway isn't far from Scotland

They did announce that Hutton was signing for St Mirren at the same time we announced Millar was staying. Presumably that was to let the fans know that we had offered him a deal.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3188

Sorry, when I said leaving the club I meant when their contract expires and they become free agents, rather than signing for someone else.

Beany probably will go part time, aiden could do with loan, other two im not bothered about. Kidd never inspires me with confidence, oliver only does it in flashes

The first part of this has filled me with plenty of false hope.

Come home Beany <3