The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 CB's now. I wonder if Kilday is out long term :(

Aye strange one for me like. Don’t know anything about this lad like. A quick search shows he went from Sunderland (where he was captain for their u18 team) to Norwegian 2nd division). He also captained the team he played for in Norway. First Pybus was discovered after moving to Norway and now this lad, good to see AJ looking outside of Scotland tbh. 

With Kilday being injured there was no way Semple and Devine could be the only CBs in the club. One 18 and Semple only 21.
Big loss if Kilday is out for the season. If Mercer is out tomorrow as well it could could be frightening viewing. Hopefully they all gel quickly.

I wonder if thats the transfer activity all done for the season? Or will AJ manage to sneak 1 more in before the window closes. I am intrigued by the signings hopefully AJ has done his homework and the 3 players he has signed can strengthen the team. Once again it'll be a rebuilding job in the summer.... 

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Mr X said:
Clearly, when we win and/or Dobbie scores it does! Or are you saying when we play 4-4-2 and win its because of the formation but when we play 4-3-3 and win its despite the formation?

I'm saying Dobbie is far more effective with someone alongside him.

So, you're finally admitting Lyle and Dobbie worked effectively together !

In the same mould,  what about Kris Doolan.  As far as I know he has been released by Ayr.

Doolan, like Lyle and Dobbie is an intelligent player and natural finisher.

They would work well together, I think.

Would finish the Window off nicely.

11 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

In the same mould,  what about Kris Doolan.  As far as I know he has been released by Ayr.

He has, but in all honesty I think he's completely finished at this level. 

The few chances he did get, the game totally passed him by, he's apparently a good influence in the dressing room and great with the young players but ultimately teams like both ours and yours need more than this as neither of us can afford passengers.

Quite a reach there. And no, I'm not saying that. Doolan and Dobbie wouldn't work for the same reason Dobbie and Lyle never worked: none of those players do the dog work.

Hamilton or even Petra alongside Dobbie would be our best bet. Using the latter would mean we're back to square one with our LM problem though.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Quite a reach there. And no, I'm not saying that. Doolan and Dobbie wouldn't work for the same reason Dobbie and Lyle never worked: none of those players do the dog work.

Hamilton or even Petra alongside Dobbie would be our best bet. Using the latter would mean we're back to square one with our LM problem though.

3-5-2 seems the most obvious solution with the current squad.

Stewart

Semple Kilday Ledger

Mercer/Murray Pybus Wilson Osman Holt

Petra/Hamilton Dobbie

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Stewart

Semple Kilday Ledger

Petra/Hamilton Dobbie

With Kilday and maybe Mercer injured this line up ain’t going to happen.

i would say AJ’s done well in this window, especially as he wouldn’t have expected to lose McCrorie and Brownlie. 

We’ve got a few options that we didn’t have a week ago. It’s never going to be perfect and not everyone is going to be happy with the deals, but but that’s life.

Time to get right behind the team!

Mon the South!💙

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Stewart

Semple Kilday Ledger

Petra/Hamilton Dobbie

Agreed that 3-5-2 looks worth try.  Absolutely no chance should Murray be playing wing back though, he doesn't have the positional awareness for that.  I'd play Lyon over Osman as well.